Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

New study reveals: Meditation Changes Brain Structure in Eight Weeks!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by ChiForce

Yes and I've found that conscious breathing throughout the day, not only grounds and centers me but brings me into the present moment. It makes me very happy.

I believe in intuition, and the inner guru.

I'm in my 30's BTW, would you like to teach me how to meditate?

How much do you charge? $$$$$$

If someone is practicing their form of "meditation" and they are happy and blissful in life, who are you to say they are doing it wrong?

That's the problem with this New Age Spiritualism. Everyone thinks they know how to Yoga and meditate. Many of the practitioners only scratch the surface. Feeling blissful and happy? That's only the side effect and hopefully not from this new age spiritualism.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I know I am going to regret asking this

What is the point of meditation?

I listened to those 'sounds' - did nothing for me and I certainly could not relax with them. If I sit in a chair or lie on a bed and am not doing anything I go to sleep, so that would not work. I breath slower than most and it is always controlled - but when I am asleep apparently I stop (apnoea?) for periods of longer than a minute. If I dream I don't remember them (well maybe for 10 minutes once in a decade) and if it takes more than 1 minute to get to sleep that is a restless night.

I really would like to know what it is that you are supposed to get out of it?

One final question - If I, or preferably someone else, places their finger just above the area of the third eye - not touching the skin or only brushing like a feather - I feel it strongly. Keep it up for a few minutes and the feeling will explode - that is the only way I can describe it as it affects the whole body - and the explosion is green! Sort of a green orgasm without the sex! What is it? I have never come across this on anyone else - mind you not that I try it!!

I know I am going to regret hit in the post button..............

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Please have been asking me about this by U2U, so here it is quoted from my Alchemy thread. I've checked and all the links to the sound files are working.

Enjoy!

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Pineal Gland ReActivation

To facilitate the physical re-activation, and opening, of your pineal gland, in effect turning it and by extension your endocrine system, to full power, as previously discussed in this thread here, the following free soundtracks may be utilized as well. However, I still think the excercise in the previous post is even more valuable, since this is after all a spiritual quest first and foremost.

Free Binaural Beat, Brainwave Entrainment Soundtracks
(compliments of moi - you're most welcome!). Note: If you want access to these download them ASAP (via ZShare) as the links don't remain active forever, once use dwindles.

1) Harmonic Resonance (Hemi-Sync). Already made avilable previously.

2) Eternal Presence (X Mind Series)

3) Star Trip (X Mind)

4) Cosmic Energy (X Mind)

5) Bach To The Future Alpha-Theta-Delta (Homemade, laid over Classical Music with Schumann Resonance imbedding)

Instructions for Use:

1. Sit comfortably in a darkened room, sterio headphones on (the higher quality the better, but any will work), eyes closed. Rest and "sink" comfortably into chair and ground, until body-asleep, mind-awake state is realized (it's not hard with BB entrainment to get there fast).

2. Keep previous excercise in mind for positioning of the observing self, as a focal point of awareness (not getting carried away into unconsciousness, having no fixed point of awareness or attention).

3. Breathe.

4. Allow body to go to sleep, while retaining conscious awareness if possible.

5. Do not worry if you fall asleep. Next time, simply attempt to remain awake with focal point of self awareness for a longer period. There is no right or wrong here.

Do not use while driving or using machinery, obviously..

Enjoy!

Pineal Gland Health Tip: It should be noted that large doses of vitamin C, administered for a while, can reverse the effects of calcification of the pineal gland, due to substances like flouride. Vitamin D, is also highly recommended for inter-cellular communication throughout the Body Temple, since every cell contains many receptors for vitamin D (like due to our evolutionary past, where we spent a lot of our time outdoors in the sun).

Here is one more wonderful track imo, which I've found goes well immediately after doing one of the others, especially the Bach one, since it entrains to a Gamma wavelength, as a simulation of the Yogi Masters, and this higher frequency brainwave entrainment, is said to have phenomenal integrative properties, and it's what the Tibetan Yogis were recorded by EEG to be entraining to during their Metta Bhavana Meditation, which translates to "Loving Kindness".

Two things worthy of noting:

One) Tibetan Monks are known to have meditated between two slightly differently tuned bells, producing the binaural beat entrainment effect.
Two) The warmth experienced during this meditation perfectly simulates that experienced by the Tibetan Yogi Masters who are known to melt a circle of snow around themselves even when relatively scantily clad for the climate of the Himalayas.

Without further adeiu, here it is

Compassion Metta Bhavana

Introduction to lovingkindness meditation
The Metta Bhavana is a meditation for developing lovingkindness.

“Bhavana” means “cultivation” or “development,” and “Metta” is a word that means “love,” “friendliness,” or “lovingkindness.” So this is a meditation practice where we actively cultivate some very positive emotional states towards others, as well as to ourselves.

www.wildmind.org...

The Compassion soundtrack utilizes, at a subliminal level, the actual Metta Bhavana meditation, in English, which is as follows:

May I be well

May I be happy

May I be free from suffering

May my friends be well

May my friends be happy

May my friends be free from suffering

May those beings I do not personally know be well

May those beings I do not personally know be happy

May those beings I do not personally know be free from suffering

May those I thought to be enemies be well

May those I thought to be enemies be happy

May those I thought to be enemies be free from suffering

May all sentient beings everywhere be well

May all sentient beings everywhere be happy

May all sentient beings everywhere be free from suffering

I am kind

I am patient

I am loving

I am caring

I help others.

Brainwave Frequency Listing

Testimonials from ATS'ers

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
An update on my experience with these meditations!

I have been using both th bach and compassion for two days straight now and i must say ifeel fantastic, i reached a state of trance in notime at all and had a little look inside my mind, what i saw was phenomonal

I have just finished todays meditation and feel in a state of bliss, the worlds tones seem alot clearer to me now and i feel a deeper connection to alot more people

Thanks again guys
peace and love to you all xx

Originally posted by bonthan
Oh man just tried your Bach to the Future. Amazing work. I tried some commercial relaxing binaural audios and so far non of them achieve this level of relaxation. When the ocean waves hit I felt like I was floating. Great work to you and miss_silver.

Edit: I wonder if this is good for lucid dreaming.

Originally posted by seataka
In Tibet, monks would travel from monastery to monastery, to meditate in each monastery, sitting between the pair of bronze temple bells... Each bell was detuned from the other just slightly... a few Hz, to tens of Herz... add to that the overtones of the shapes of each monastery, add to that styles of humming from a room full of monks...

No two sets of temple bells were identical.. so monks would spends lifetimes traveling form monastery to monastery. Until the advent of Robert Monro's Binaural Beat Hemi-Sync tapes, one would have to travel from temple to temple throughout Tibet to experience what one can get out of a few dozen of Robert Monroe's tapes.

Robert Monroe was first to use the phrase OBE, Out of Body Experience in his 1966 book on the subject.
Link to the Monroe Institute (Which does not do any advertising of any kind)

I have been doing Monroe's tapes since 1992 and cannot recommend them highly enough... I'd suggest their "Gateway Series".. which also creates some defensive habits (using repetition and invocations) for safe travels).

I do not talk about my experiences as I now believe that telling you would make me thief - as I would be stealing from you some of the joy of discovery you will experience as you do The Gateway Series...

Unlike other belief systems and *ologys etc, who can only at best, rearrange the furniture in your mind, Robert Monroe's HemiSynce shows you where the door is.

In David Morehouse's book, Psychic Warrior, he describes the protocols used at the remote viewing project at Ft Meade (across the highway from NSA).. in it he refers to "Cool Down tapes" used before RV sessions. Those tapes came from the Monroe Institute

Originally posted by Destroyed
The power of the emotions I go through when I listen to this unbeliveable. Thank you oh so very much.

Originally posted by seataka
re Pineal gland or seat of the soul

Intruiging factoid
I read somewhere that the Pineal structure has rods and cones (Like your eyeball uses to see with) facing the interior which is filled with a semiconducting gel.

Originally posted by BazzeMan
Well, this one got me to finally sign up to ATS after lurking for a year or two. This track is wonderful!

I've been having trouble getting to sleep all my life but after listening to this beautiful peace of work I sleep like a baby. Last night i even had a lucid dream!

Thanks Thanks Thanks a lot to the people who created this!

Greetz from Holland.

Originally posted by nunya13
I have a serious problem getting my mind to shut up. I try not to force it. I try to focus on my breathing and it works for a little bit only to find myself talking things out in my head again and then I will go back to concentrating on my breathing. This pretty much goes on the entire time with nary a true moment of complete relaxation.

I guess I should include the times I do "meditate" while going to sleep by concentrating on my breathing and that actually helps me go to sleep alot better. Sometimes I just plain forget to even do that though.

Onto my experience with this track:

Downloaded it onto my MP3 player, got into the bathtub with a lighted candle and some lavender oil. Popped the phones into my ears. I love the beginning song. I can't explain the emotion it gives me. It's so beautiful.

I found the abrupt breaks between some of the tracks a bit jolting. I think I had too much going on with the candle light flikering and I put a little too much lavendar oil in the bathtub. I had to try not to concentrate on those things too much.

I did feel very relaxed. I had slight visions of what space looks like pouring into a blackhole. I found this to be relaxing as well. I still found myself having to get away from talking in my head and focus again on my breathing. There was a brief period that I noticed my breathing changed to being shallow and it was as if I could not control it (didn't feel like I wasn't breathing right though). I only did half an hour. I forgot that I should have done it for 15 then sat for 15. Instead I listened for half an hour and then I had to basically bring myself to even be able to pull the phones out of my ears. It seemed to take some effort, though not too much. The first time I opened my eyes they popped back closed but I forced them open because the water was getting cold and I need to GET OUT!

I felt very relaxed and calm for the rest of the night and it has carried over to today, for the most part. I'm a high strung person, meaning I get worked up, stressed out, and excited easily. But I've felt closer to "even-ness" today.

Some additional tip would be good and maybe, if there's any, some assurance that it's normal to have trouble quieting my brain?

Edit to add: Is it normal to hear those background sounds that I assumed were there to induce the different brain waves? Kinda sounds like a pulsating humming tone that slows down or speeds up sporadically (or seemingly sporadically)?

Originally posted by mandrake
Thank you so much! this is by far the most useful thread I've ever come across during all my time here.

I tried meditating while listening to this music and the result was amazing.

First - It took me minimal effort to achieve a state of meditation. Normally when I meditate without this music I concentrate on my breathing but I have problems because negative thoughts ad worries always distract me. But when listening to this music, it's as though all those thoughts and worries were all blocked out and left only a state of peace.

Second - I don't know if anyone has the same experience but while meditating with this music I seem to envision a bright white light in front of my eyes. Normally when I meditate I do have these bright lights but they were never as bright and brilliant as this and it was also associated with a sense of peace and relaxation.

That was my first time and I tried it for only 10 minutes
I'll try it again tonight for 30 minutes, it should be wonderful

Originally posted by truthbknown
reply to post by OmegaPoint

New member here so please excuse spelling, grammer etc!

I've been doing meditation for about two years now with and arey
of different music, sounds etc and I just finished the Compassion
Meditation. WOW!!

Here is what my experience was......first thing that happened was
my Amygdalas started clicking with out me thinking of doing it which
stimulated my frontal lobe region. This feeling went to the roof of my mouth and my upper row of teeth(no idea why I just said that)lol
Next my body temp. was really warm which hasen't happen before
in my meditations, and the thirty min. seemed like only fifteen min.

I also seemed to seperate the wave sounds from the binurial beats
which is new to me. Sh*t I hope I can sleep tonight

and last I had a vision of me atop a hill over looking a large town or city and at the other end of town was a mountain, but the top wasen't covered in snow it was covered in gold!!!

Well thats all I have for now, going to try to sleep, wish me luck!
and feel free to comment.

Love&Light

Caution: Start slow, and don't do more than a half hour at first, and then an hour and a half once you've gotten used to the stimulous.

I suggest Bach To The Future to begin, starting with the first two "songs" (the music is just a mask for the "binaural beat" brainwave entrainment "hum")

What's nice about the hour long Bach track, is that it also includes the Shumann Resonance frequency, the Earth Frequency, which maintains strong grounding.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 24-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Yeah which form of yoga is the "right" yoga? kundalini? bhakti? Ashtanga (sp?) ummm bikrum? umm there are tons more.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

binaural beats, and ambient beats apps for the ipod touch, I used for about 4 days, then I started having some "Bad/scary" dreams, and feeling really out of place through out the day! I stopped listen to it, because the feelings I was getting from it was a bad vibe, caused alot of negitive feelings.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
I know I am going to regret asking this

What is the point of meditation?

I listened to those 'sounds' - did nothing for me and I certainly could not relax with them. If I sit in a chair or lie on a bed and am not doing anything I go to sleep, so that would not work. I breath slower than most and it is always controlled - but when I am asleep apparently I stop (apnoea?) for periods of longer than a minute. If I dream I don't remember them (well maybe for 10 minutes once in a decade) and if it takes more than 1 minute to get to sleep that is a restless night.

I really would like to know what it is that you are supposed to get out of it?

One final question - If I, or preferably someone else, places their finger just above the area of the third eye - not touching the skin or only brushing like a feather - I feel it strongly. Keep it up for a few minutes and the feeling will explode - that is the only way I can describe it as it affects the whole body - and the explosion is green! Sort of a green orgasm without the sex! What is it? I have never come across this on anyone else - mind you not that I try it!!

I know I am going to regret hit in the post button..............

Hmmm....let me see....

Let's determine if your over whelming feeling is actually the Kundalini energy rising up. Can you feel if this energy was coming from the bottom of your spin? The color green? Did it appear right above your forehead? Do you hear any loud humming or ringing sounds too? Who is this person placing the finger near your third eye chakra? It is often reported that a yoga master, through the touch, can cause your Kundalini energy to rise up.

Purpose of meditation? It has to do with which school of meditations you want to follow. I do it for health and spiritual reasons (insight into my life and my world). Not so much to become blissful--New age stuff, or being one with the universe and etc..... I am still having hard time processing my third visions I get from my dreams.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sippy Cup

Go along with you on that score. I just listened to that Bach - yikes - made me really annoyed and totally ruined a good soothing piece of music.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Let's determine if your over whelming feeling is actually the Kundalini energy rising up. Can you feel if this energy was coming from the bottom of your spin? The color green? Did it appear right above your forehead? Do you hear any loud humming or ringing sounds too? Who is this person placing the finger near your third eye chakra? It is often reported that a yoga master, through the touch, can cause your Kundalini energy to rise up.

The person is my partner, but I can virtually do it to myself - but it is not as strong. The green just explodes in the head, and I don't know about the spine but my whole body just shakes uncontrollably. I honestly can't say about sounds - I am too busy dealing with the explosion. It really drains me for a good hour afterwards.

Edit: Actually thinking about it the green is starting in the eyes. It is a visual thing at least until it blows.
edit on 24/1/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sippy Cup

The ones I've offered I've tested personally for a while, and they are of the highest quality. I know there's some crap out there but these are top notch.

It's best to start slow, and for some the stimulous surfaces things buried deep in the unconscious.

For example I don't recommend a "newbie" use the X-mind ones I posted, or the Metta Bhavana which entrains to Gamma (producing freaky dreams).

The Transcendance and the Bach To The Future (first song or two to start) are what I'd recommend getting started with, but if it makes anyone exceedingly uncomfortable for any reason, you can just stop listening.

It is also a stimulous, and in some ways can't be classed as a "meditation" for that reason. It also pushes the brain to evolove and form new neuronal pathways between the left and right hemispheres, while surfacing for re-integration, unconscious material where the in-integration usually occurs during the sleep cycle in dreaming and in dreamless sleep (when we go down into the Zero Point Field).

Anway, I've tested them and have found them not to be harmful and can understand that concern, which I had myself when first starting out with these things.

Someone reported getting binaural beats from some site called I-doser or something like that, which treated it like a drug of some kind, and there were tracks which produced a VERY negative effect. Mine don't do that, although SOME discomfort CAN occur, depending on a person's makeup and psychology, but in those cases, if you keep going with it, you tend to move past a certain threshold where everything get's reintegrated, and then voila, you find yourself in a whole new domain, even enlightened to a degree. It can be extremely beneficial.

P.S. For the brain science and a whole lot more, please check out these two posts

edit on 24-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The person is my partner, but I can virtually do it to myself - but it is not as strong. The green just explodes in the head, and I don't know about the spine but my whole body just shakes uncontrollably. I honestly can't say about sounds - I am too busy dealing with the explosion. It really drains me for a good hour afterwards.

Does your partner also practice meditation? Feeling drained? It shouldn't be.....
edit on 24-1-2011 by ChiForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

No, neither of us meditate.

She thinks I am just an alien - there are other reasons for that like I don't notice the cold too easily, but I think that is a condition!

You did not finish. Feeling drained it shouldn't be....what? This is a very very intense physical and mental experience.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You sure come across as an arrogant know-it-all for someone who claims a degree of mastery and who is called ChiForce. Why are none of us sensing any compassion in your communication..?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Ok I am on a roll and have no idea if this has anything what so ever to do with this thread but is something else i would love to know the answer to.

I am not Irish, at least not in several generations but I am a Celt.

I cannot listen to the uilleann pipes without crying - no weeping, not simply crying. It is a deep deep feeling of sorrow and sadness. I can even tell if it is the pipes in amongst other instruments. I don't know why it is, and after all the uilleann pipes are not that old an instrument. I can listen to Scottish bagpipes and it has no effect.

Just occasionally I get a vivid picture in my head at the same time of flying over what seems to be Kerry but the sun is in the wrong place, or that is what I thought, but the last time i saw it I realised it was the sun coming up, not going down. I am shuddering writing about this yet there is no music playing. I must stop.

(Edit: I imagine it is Kerry as it is land with deep gashes that looks like Kerry does on the map)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

No, neither of us meditate.

She thinks I am just an alien - there are other reasons for that like I don't notice the cold too easily, but I think that is a condition!

You did not finish. Feeling drained it shouldn't be....what? This is a very very intense physical and mental experience.

You probably have an active pineal gland and when your concentration is directed to your third eye chakras, it gets opened and activated. This tends to unleash the Kundalini energy. BTW, the color green is usually associated with the heart chakra (love and compassion) where as the third eye chakras has a somewhat indigo or blueish color. You feel drained because you didn't meditate on your lower chakras in order to reach to your upper ones. In your case, you may have an overactive heart and third eye chakras.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

You sure come across as an arrogant know-it-all for someone who claims a degree of mastery and who is called ChiForce. Why are none of us sensing any compassion in your communication..?

Sorry if I don't sound lovable or huggable....

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Thanks for your explanation. I shall have to go away as see if I can make sense of that.

Do others get this I wonder?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiForce

Why is that? Just asking...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiForce

Why is that? Just asking...

Hehheheh...my dear friend, this is an internet message board. I know nothing about you or any other persons. Someone has a question, I do my best to answer them based on my knowledge and experiences. There isn't any need to show my emotions. There isn't any need to win friends or approval.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Yes, I kind of like that.

Flick and you are all gone!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

What's the point? Well it can actually relieve pain and lower blood pressure. Read (even if it is just the reviews on amazon, yeah I cheat that way too) "The Relaxation Response" there are studied and verified health effects, but mostly it just feels good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join