It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New study reveals: Meditation Changes Brain Structure in Eight Weeks!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

If you have problems quieting down your mind you may need to try a pre meditation meditation. You really just want to shut the conscious down, no thinking etc... By pre meditative I mean what ever calms your mind down the best, with the exception of alcohol.
edit on 24-1-2011 by Silverado292 because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I've meditated off and on for over a year now, and can honestly say that anything you do after you have meditated, you can do better.

Has anyone ever perceived with their third eye something that seems like it is expanding and contracting in a weird way. I believe what I see is an aspect of the nature of the fourth dimension. I definitely feel like I expand as large as the room I'm in or larger every time I meditate. Anyone else?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I find it crazy that the pineal gland actually calcifies over time. Some say its from not being used.

Also I've read in a couple places, that this does not happen to black people.

Thats pretty crazy if true. Maybe thats why they always have rhythym.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
i am actually going to get into meditation soon, some yoga. i have always had an idea that it does affect you positively but now with evidence im going for the gold with it!!! good read star&flag

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Has anyone ever perceived with their third eye something that seems like it is expanding and contracting in a weird way. I believe what I see is an aspect of the nature of the fourth dimension. I definitely feel like I expand as large as the room I'm in or larger every time I meditate. Anyone else?

When I meditate I'm not aware of the room around me anymore.
I do sometimes see bright colored waves moving away from me, almost fluorecent in color.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Thanks for all the responses, the links, tips and vid's, didn't expect them to be so much!
I'll be watching and reading them all very soon, trying it all out.

It's weird, I always used to meditate in the evenings, before going to bed...
It never occured to me that meditating in the morning will probably have way more benefits during an entire day... think I'll be changing my daily routine a bit and start the day with a nice meditation from now on

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

You'll love the effects of doing it in the morning, you should get a great energy boost with no nasty crash. You also don't have to fight against any stress you've built up over the day.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I believe in instant meditation.

You don't need to close your eyes, you don't need to think anything, you don't need to calm yourself or any of that.

All you have to do is tap in.

I consider all the "techniques" people propose as unnecessary.

You should be able to put yourself in a meditative state at least 90% of your waking life.

People will tell me "I meditated yesterday" and I reply "I am meditating right now".

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I think being conscious of you breath at all times is the greatest meditation of all

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I believe in instant meditation.

You don't need to close your eyes, you don't need to think anything, you don't need to calm yourself or any of that.

All you have to do is tap in.

I consider all the "techniques" people propose as unnecessary.

You should be able to put yourself in a meditative state at least 90% of your waking life.

People will tell me "I meditated yesterday" and I reply "I am meditating right now".

The problem is that can you produce the results usually associated with deep meditations such as seeing lights on your forehead, hearing various humming sounds in various frequencies, experiencing the Chi or Kundalini energy rushing all over your body, and having this energy released through your crown and feeling like your consciousness has expanded. As much as people think they can do whatever they want to meditate, however, there are physical and sensory responses associated with meditating the "corrected" or "guided" way. Also, you lucid dreams will become extremely active and operate in a clockwork manner. You will have dreams and waking up the same time every night. You may even experience astral projection too.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
I think being conscious of you breath at all times is the greatest meditation of all

I am sorry but that's just another way of saying I need no teachers to teach me how to meditate. And whatever I am doing is good enough.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiForce

I am sorry but that's just another way of saying I need no teachers to teach me how to meditate. And whatever I am doing is good enough.

Oh yes great teacher.

Show us how to develop astronomical ego's too!

Can I get a F? Can I get a A? Can I get a I? Can I get a L?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Oh yes great teacher.

Show us how to develop astronomical ego's too!

Can I get a F? Can I get a A? Can I get a I? Can I get a L?

I see your meditation is doing wonderful things on you.....need I say more...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Hmm come to think of it, thats exactly what I'm saying.

I play guitar pretty good, and I've never had a teacher. Does that mean I can't play guitar?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Hmm come to think of it, thats exactly what I'm saying.

I play guitar pretty good, and I've never had a teacher. Does that mean I can't play guitar?

How old are you? In your early 20s. Feeling like you know everything and you don't need to be told? One of the crucial aspect in meditation is your foundation and whether or not you are properly grounded. Practitioners have gone insane or crazy because they didn't have the proper grounding or foundation to venture into the more advanced meditation techniques. There are clinical studies on these issues. Take them for what they are worth. I am not your teacher and don't wish to be.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Yes, although I don't just meditate I use binaural beat brainwave entrainment, which is like mediation on steroids, been doing it fairly regularly for about two years now. For those interested they will find free tracks made available at the bottom of page two and top of page three in the Alchemy Thread in my signature.

It's powerful stuff, synchonizes the left and right hemispheres of the bicameral brainmind while stimulating the pineal and other glands as well.

It even makes you appear younger in my experience, given the release of all those hormones (including HGH, human growth hormone), endorphins and neurotranmitters.

It also purifies the nadi channels of the entire energy tree of the body temple. Incredible stuff, and wonderful technology, if used probably with quality tracks of the type I've made available. Can't recommend it enough!

S&F

Typed out a big PM to someone earlier about this, silly 20post pre pm restriction

How do you take someone that's probably classed as "Deaf" in that aspect and start teaching them how to listen?

Have even tried Binaural Beats - no luck . Tried several times, dark room, crystal clear audio, left and right seperated, re-checked i had the headphones on the right way... no distractions.... zip.... nada..nothing..

I personaly think getting a good dose of flouride for the first two years of my life has contributed to why im deaf in this aspect.

would love to continue talking about this, but since i cannot pm and do not wish to hijack this thread - [email protected] if you'd like

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
How come the so called "enlightened" ones always have to tell other people what to do?

How come being yourself is never good enough?

IMHO they aren't enlightened at all.

Enlightenment is like Utopia. It's impossible.
It always turns into a Dystopia.

Road to hell paved in good intentions?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

Yes and I've found that conscious breathing throughout the day, not only grounds and centers me but brings me into the present moment. It makes me very happy.

I believe in intuition, and the inner guru.

I'm in my 30's BTW, would you like to teach me how to meditate?

How much do you charge? $$$$$$

If someone is practicing their form of "meditation" and they are happy and blissful in life, who are you to say they are doing it wrong?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I can understand what you're saying to a point, "flash" meditation feels good and has benifits but I've noticed that setting aside a few minutes and doing a deep meditation yields better results go further etc... The quick ones seem to work good as a quick recharge, to me atleast.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK

Originally posted by smithjustinb

When I meditate I'm not aware of the room around me anymore.
I do sometimes see bright colored waves moving away from me, almost fluorecent in color.

That's cool. How do you meditate? I just close my eyes, sit in my chair, and clear my mind. It usually takes about 20 minutes for me to feel the expansiveness. Do you usually feel expansive, and then it leads to total loss of awareness of body? how does it come on for you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join