It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

WA bacteria taken to 'doomsday' vault

page: 3
14
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If doomsday comes and wipes bacteria are we going to be around to utilize a vault? If we really want to safeguard Earth life should we work at climbing out of the cradle and branching out a bit? How about sending some lichen and microbes to Mars and letting them get started at terraforming.




posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
If doomsday comes and wipes bacteria are we going to be around to utilize a vault? If we really want to safeguard Earth life should we work at climbing out of the cradle and branching out a bit? How about sending some lichen and microbes to Mars and letting them get started at terraforming.


Except you can bet your bottom dollar that someone(s) will be in that vault, hand picked, and with advanced warning - I'm sure they thought of that way ahead of time...



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes
 


Well lets face it, if an asteroid etc were to hit earth it is simply impossible to do anything about really...depending on a few factors of course such as it's size. So i wouldn't blame having people who would be needed after the fallout, the best thinkers of the world basically...medicine,science,biology. Im sure each country would do their best to take as many normal civilian in to these doomsday bunkers which have undoubtedly been built in every industrialized country, most used by the military for now and not known about. But the fact of the matter is that most life on earth will be wiped out, it has happened before many times and just because we came out the swamp roughly 200,000 years ago doesn't mean it won't again. Space is our only option for mass survival imo, and i think if the preservation of mankind were on the agenda, and a real push from every country in the technologically advanced world we would see technologies capable of getting a large majority of earths population to the closest earth like planet in hopes of maintaining our species.
edit on 6-7-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes
 


No doubt but something that would sterilize the soil I would have to imagine might also sterilize the vault. who knows? I dont really see anything sinister in the vaults I just feel its our duty to shoot some spores from this fine planet.



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons
 

Or just start small and now in order to be more prepared for the future. Even just giving bacteria like those in the OP a chance somewhere else would go a long ways towards safeguarding the existence of life.



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons
 

This vault is preparation of the global genocide they are planning. The vault is a back up measure in case their plan works too well. The vault is their insurance.

The vault means their plan is moving forward.



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by pityocamptes
 


Well lets face it, if an asteroid etc were to hit earth it is simply impossible to do anything about really...depending on a few factors of course such as it's size. So i wouldn't blame having people who would be needed after the fallout, the best thinkers of the world basically...medicine,science,biology. Im sure each country would do their best to take as many normal civilian in to these doomsday bunkers which have undoubtedly been built in every industrialized country, most used by the military for now and not known about. But the fact of the matter is that most life on earth will be wiped out, it has happened before many times and just because we came out the swamp roughly 200,000 years ago doesn't mean it won't again. Space is our only option for mass survival imo, and i think if the preservation of mankind were on the agenda, and a real push from every country in the technologically advanced world we would see technologies capable of getting a large majority of earths population to the closest earth like planet in hopes of maintaining our species.
edit on 6-7-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)


...but they cannot for one obvious reason... if they announce an event the stock market, way of life we know it would be gone. Chaos would reign, no one would go to work, nothing would get shipped, no food, riots, etc. Space is unrealistic at this point as the technology does not exist, and where would they go? Which leads us back to the beginning, they simply could not say anythinf for fear of population unrest.



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
reply to post by pityocamptes
 


No doubt but something that would sterilize the soil I would have to imagine might also sterilize the vault. who knows? I dont really see anything sinister in the vaults I just feel its our duty to shoot some spores from this fine planet.


Not necessarily sterilize the soil. Consider high altitude discharge, clouds out the Sun, making nitrogen regeneration in the soil impossible without "help". Most flash sterilization from a CME, etc. would more than likely fry everything up to an approx 150 foot level depth. This facility goes deeper than that, and has the added bonus of being shielded/insulated with extreme cold/snow/rock.



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This is some thing to worry about.
Do they have a DNA bank?
we are losing a lot of animals.
And one that worries me.
we need a information bank.
and not stored on hard drives.
it should be on a special plastic.
that lasts forever.
and the info should start very simple.
so a retard can learn from it.
simple things like how to make a wheel.
and to get in to the next info vault.
you would need to do a puzzle.
like an IQ test. to see if you under stand it.
it may be better to make the walls
out of a very hard and strong metal.
and have the info on the walls.
so it is Very hard to destroy the info.
civilisation have been lost to us.
we could have made great leaps.
Like we have in the last 200 years??



new topics

top topics



 
14
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join