It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA bacteria taken to 'doomsday' vault

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

WA bacteria taken to 'doomsday' vault

www.perthnow.com.au

A WA scientist is flying to the world's "doomsday'' bunker in the Arctic with precious cargo in his luggage - tiny bacteria able to extract nitrogen from air.

The two-year, $10 million project, which is funded in part by the US Department of Energy, will sequence the genomes of 100 key strains of soil bacteria.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

So here we have bacteria apparently able to speed up the process in growing the roots of green crops "such as peas, beans or clovers to develop nodules for the bacteria to live in."

So if this bacteria can naturally produce Nitrogen in the soil at a faster rate, what do you think the intentions and implications of harboring these organisms in "the secret doomsday vault?"

Seeing as such a "vault" exists, it can indicate something big is coming up. When? Who knows. But the government knows something we don't! Conspiracy!?

www.perthnow.com.au (visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-1-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added image

The Svalbard Global Seed Vault, on the Norwegian island of Spitsbergen, is a coalmine converted into a giant freezer designed to store seeds from around the world as insurance against disease and a major global catastrophe.

edit on 24-1-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added quote

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Great find.
So, they’re taking this ‘nitrogen bug’ (so to speak) to the ‘Vault’...
But, from what I read (?) they’re also of the mind this could ‘cure’ what ails Africa?
Somehow I find it hard to believe the fertilizer companies would allow this, (‘curing Africa’ without huge bucks for ’them’) - but we can hope can’t we?
peace

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
all of that preparation they for sure know something is going to happen.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I was thinking the EXACT same thing! The fact is not that scientists may use this bacteria in parts of Africa, but the fact that they are storing it in a 'doomsday' seed facility in the Arctic. So why is there no talk about this facility? That's what I would like to know....

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
that seed vault made me nervous from the first time i heard of it.

when are governments proactive for "no reason"...never

they can barely even be "active" in the face of sudden adversity

yeah....they know something allright...........

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
More information about the Seed Vault can be found by reading this article....
The Global Crop Diversity Trust

Regarding the funding of the Seed Vault, the Norwegian government funded the construction of the Vault in its entirety (this cost $9 million), and will continue to fund the maintenance of the facility, for an annual cost of circa $150,000. The Global Crop Diversity Trust funds the operation and management of the Seed Vault, as well as the transport of unique seeds from the international collections managed by the CGIAR and from collections in developing countries to the Arctic.

This second component - the transport - is possible through our work with the United Nations Foundation, a partnership which is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The complete list of all the Trust's funders can be seen here.

I thought it was interesting to point out that Bill Gates has invested in this program. I wonder what Bill's intentions are? Thoughts.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
So if this bacteria can naturally produce Nitrogen in the soil at a faster rate, what do you think the intentions and implications of harboring these organisms in "the secret doomsday vault?"

Inevitably something will happen. It sounds like this could be extremely beneficial if we had a major event such as a super volcano, comet or any other extinction level event that could kill all life on our planet. If any one possibly survives it could be a vital tool in rebuilding our planet.

Great post, S&F
Thank you!

edit on 24-1-2011 by fasteronfire because: typo

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
There are several of these vaults sponsored by several countries as a proactive approach to protecting heritage plant lines in the event of a disaster such as a disease etc. There has been much coverage of the larger ones such as the the U.S. one and the Norway one, including a large feature in National Geographic several years ago. There is really nothing secret about these except how to get into them.

National Geographic, Inside Norway's ''Doomsday'' Seed Vault

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

I just found this Youtube video which shows the inside of the vault in Norway:

An older video produced by CNN covering the vault:

edit on 24-1-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added video

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Do you know what would be funny?

I know, it would be extremely hilariously hilarious and reatarded if the doomsday bunker got destroyed at the first stages of doomsday. Honestly, if Doomsday arrives, and the bunker is the first thing that is destroyed, I wouldn't know whether to laugh, or cry, or think about this comment I wrote in ATS regarding how hilariously hilarious and reatarded it would be.

Now you wrap your head around what I'm trying to say, if you understood what I'm trying to say your fingers would feel cold and tingly because it is touching a conspiracy theory.

This doomsday bunker might not even be a doomsday bunker.
edit on 24-1-2011 by reatarded because: layout

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by reatarded

Right now it might appear to be a funny concept should the vault be the first thing to get trashed during a potential Doomsday event. I bet you a buffalo nickel though on THAT day, should the vault go, reaction from you might be something different...maybe the internet won't work so then you cannot reply to ATS on this thread. Ironic? I think so

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Before you wipe your hard drive you tend to back up the good data. Same goes if there's a destructive virus making its way through your system(GMO? COMET?). Back up what you can.

There's also proactive backup regimes where you keep a last known good configuration / system snapshot just in case trouble comes knocking.

This vault is no different.

However what would interest me is whether or not there's a massive underground hydroponic operation nearby.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

i fail to see how this is indicative of any conspiracy

the " doomsday vault " is a BACKUP to all the other holdings and collections world wide , established collections like kew (UK) still hold samples - but now the svalbard vault in operation everything hald at kew is now also at svalbard

so if kew is destroyed - all its holdings can be rebuilt from svalbard , but if svalbard is destroyed - everything is still at kew

its that simple

its a BACKUP and is only usefull if it is correctly maintained and managed

thats why samples of these nitrogen fixer microbes are now at svalbard - its no good having a backup if you dont add new data too it

svalbard does not now hold the entire world supply of these microbes - just a sample large enough to grow new cultures from it

so where is the conspiracy ?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Fascinating. The location of the vault is probably a very big clue to...something. Why would they store the seeds of life and all these things to sustain them in a place with such a human unfriendly climate and geography? Because it's hard to get to should the masses want to join the party? For it's refrigerant benefits? Maybe they really do know that when the poles shift, the arctic climate will stabilize to a more human-friendly one. Any other interesting stuff going on up there we should wonder about?

Apparently they'll have chili peppers along with 525,000 crop varieties. And sorghum is very adaptable to climate change. www.msnbc.msn.com...
edit on 1/24/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Fascinating. The location of the vault is probably a very big clue to...something. Why would they store the seeds of life and all these things to sustain them in a place with such a human unfriendly climate and geography?

Because it's inside a mountain in an geologically stable area with easy access (ships and planes)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Certain bacteria & fungi are CRITICAL to plant growth & nitrogen production in root nodes.

LINK

If the soil is sterilised, say by some lethal dose of radiation (UV, XRay, Gamma).......

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
These bacteria are widely known to serious gardeners. They are available through a good nursery and I use them for all of my green beans and peas. They really do increase yields!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Just to add more to this conspiracy and that TPTB know something…………

I am sure that this doomsday vault entrance is a highly secured door to keep “those” unwanted from entering…….

So where is the knowledge kept of how to get into this facility and its location? If TPTB are the only ones who have the knowledge of where and how to get into the vault and they are “wiped out”……..who will have a key or even knowledge of where it’s located.

If the vault was created to save the “human” race then you would think that the public would be made aware of it and its location “in” case of that gloomy day………..But there not……….

I also find the vaults location very interesting considering the theories of the polar shift.

Some good questions I think should be answered before that “doomsday” event occurs…….

Follow the money trail for the key to the door……….

Or we can all just wait for "TPTB" to broadcast to the world in the last days for all potential surviors to be aware of its location and how to access.........

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Is it just plant seeds that are stored there or do they also keep info from the Genome project there? I was just wondering if they had animal DNA and stuff like that too in case of disaster.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join