It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will it take to Believe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It's funny how belief in ET's and God are both based upon Faith and a few supporting statements or documents.

Any comments?

-Grey

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well, it isn't exactly 'a few', but you have a valid point. A million people seeing a strange light in the sky just proves there's a light.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
i've been doing alot of research on the paranormal and with all the # thats being reported relating to aliens or god, i've come to conclude that there definately has to be something going on. i mean i'm sure theres alot of hoaxes out there but its highly unlikely that every single story related to the paranormal is a hoax. i mean i'm sure not that many people have that great of an imaginations.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGrey
It's funny how belief in ET's and God are both based upon Faith and a few supporting statements or documents.

Any comments?

-Grey

After much research GOD everything leads to ETs so we basically believe in the same thing without even knowing it. (All of us –some countless)

EDIT: Did you read my mind some way well i was thinking of the word Faith right before i clicked onto this thread and wow someone mention Faith maybe a "sign". ehehe

[edit on 11-7-2004 by Cardu]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
God...Ill probably never believe in but I'm open to proof if there is any.

Aliens...I believe they gotta exist since this new hubble discovery only stregthens the case for ET life somewhere out there. As for here? Well I'll believe that one when the aliens land on the white house lawn on live tv and even then I would be a bit skeptical until one of the ETs actually took me abord one of thier ships and gave me a tour of the galaxy.....or at least the closest solar system.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I define God as "Everything without exception." If anything exists, God exists.

While this does not answer a myriad of other questions, and may be reasonably considered by skeptics to be something of a tautology, it does at least address that one important question.

As for the rest, the greatest of God's gifts to man is the gift of ignorance. If we knew everything, the game would be over.

The ironic counterpoint is that (in western traditions) it is Lucifer who is credited with bringing knowledge to man, to God's supposed dismay.

To paraphrase God in Genesis, if mankind eats the fruit of knowledge we will surely die. Indeed, if we were to know all there is to know, we would be consciously indistinguishable from God, and would cease to exist as individuals.

Yet we crave knowledge unceasingly. Irony abounds.

Enjoy the ride.

[edit on 7/12/2004 by Majic]

new topics

top topics

join