It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil flood deaths top 800 with 400 still missing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Brazil flood deaths top 800 with 400 still missing

www.peopleforum.cn

Officials in Brazil say more than 800 people are now known to have died in floods and landslides in the south-east of the country this month.
More than 400 people are still missing after torrential rain caused whole hillsides to collapse.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
So many people lost their lives, which is a disaster for their families ...Bless for the ones that are still missing, hope miracles can occur .I just feel upset to see disasters happening all around , Brazil 's flood and mudslide, which Austrilia is also suffering;In asia, China is coping with sleet ... I can't stop thinking that what will this world become?

www.peopleforum.cn
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This is terrible news, and the kind that I am going to quickly try and forget... My now ex boyfriend went back to his home country Brazil in November of 2010 after immigrating to Canada. He found the distance to be too far from his family, and since it took him a year and a half to get his Canadian citizenship I ended up moving to another city for school once it hit 1 year since he left the first time. When he returned I was away in another city far from where we lived so he was alone, and without any family around. I am going back to the city we met this summer when I am finished my course where I am currently, so we would have been together again. However by that time it would have been almost 3 years since we last saw each other, and even though we kept in constant contact, and still love each other very much we decided to go our separate ways, and so he went back to Brazil. That was last November, and I have not heard from him since. Not one email which is nothing like him at all. I keep telling myself that he hasn't wrote me or responded to my emails yet because it is his way of getting over 'us' by distancing himself. I really hope that is the reason, and that I will hear from him one day soon, but something else inside me is trying to tell me that maybe..... I don't know, I just hope that he is okay.

join