Muslims Taking over?

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I was doing some personal research on religions as I wanted to become more informed regarding the different beliefs of such and during my self motivated research, as I was rather ignorant of the beliefs of the muslim faith I started to look into their religion and came across some videos regarding this religion and I find myself becoming rather concerned about their philosphy and beliefs when it comes to non-muslims.

I'm not one to stereotype any nation or particular group of people due to the extreme ideals of a few and not religious myself but consider myself to be a spiritual person with the philosophy of "live and let live" and "Do unto others as you'd be done by" and ignorantly thought this was going to be pretty much their philosophy as well.
Man, was I in for a shock and now am left with a sincere feeling of distrust towards the ideology of these people and the movement in general...
Here are some of the vids I happened across. (Sorry, I don't know how to imbed)
www.shoebat.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Now I know some of these vids are entitled with the word "radical" and that kindof puts them in context but honestly these along with other quotes from their Holy book seems, in my eyes, to paint them as a real threat to non-muslims and at this stage that seems to entail the majority of us.
These quotes may seem cherry picked but I could go on and on with quotes of a similar vein and even worse...
Qur'an:8:39 "Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah."
Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)."
Ishaq:324 "He said, 'Fight them so that there is no more rebellion, and religion, all of it, is for Allah only. Allah must have no rivals.'"

I don't want this to become a muslim bashing thread, that is the furtherest from my intentions here, I am genuinly interested in getting to the truth and I would hope the majority of muslims don't think this way but it is enebitable for the leaders, or ones in perceived positions of power or priesthood within these types of institutions to have major influence on the majority, governments being a pime example of this.

I know there are radicals in every group, but from what I've found there seems to be a genuine and pervailing dislike of anyone that doesn't belong to this group...I wish to be convinced otherwise.

So, I'm wondering what others feel about this? And are there any muslims out there that can add there thoughts and dispell my concerns or am I just ignorant of the reality?

(Mods: Move accordingly)
edit on 24-1-2011 by Mythkiller because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I'm in Canada, and I have a few muslim friends including my girlfriend.

Their thoughts on their parents? Utterly crazy. Do I see this continuing? No, I see the generations of all religions waking up. Seriously, it's like someone flicked a switch. Religion is dieing. Those who believe will continue to, but their children will think twice about passing the word on.

A lot of it has to do with propaganda I must say though. Take out religion, and it's replaced with media. Bitter sweet outcome.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I admit I watch football. During every game the announcers say how the game is being shown to american troops in 177 countries and to sailers at sea. Can you name 177 countries?

No muslims are not taking over.

Its just propaganda to justify what america and its allies are doing.

P.S. I think all religions are wacked.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

The verse of 8:39 should be read in context, the context would come to life if you read the chapter from start to finish. For example in 8:15 it says: "O ye who believe! When ye meet those who disbelieve in battle, turn not your backs to them". It is obvious that 8:39 is talking about war, more so it is talking about a specific war, for example in 8:30 it says "And when those who disbelieve plot against thee (O Muhammad) to wound thee fatally, or to kill thee or to drive thee forth; they plot, but Allah (also) plotteth; and Allah is the best of plotters".

Evidently it is talking about those disbelievers who were plotting to harm innocent Muslims, and harass the prophet Mohammad.

More so, the verses are talking about the time when Muslims were kicked out of Mekkah (from memory) and from reading the chapter, for example if you read 8:34 it says "What (plea) have they that Allah should not punish them, when they debar (His servants) from the Inviolable Place of Worship, though they are not its fitting guardians. Its fitting guardians are those only who keep their duty to Allah. But most of them know not".

The verse before 8:39 talks about prosecution of Mohammad once more, then it talks about fighting until prosecution is no more. It is good to read the verses of scriptures in the light of its context, otherwise the conclusion is completely corrupt. Here is what 8:38 says: "tell those who disbelieve that if they cease (from persecution of believers) that which is past will be forgiven them; but if they return (thereto) then the example of the men of old hath already gone (before them, for a warning)." See how it says to stop the prosecution of believers? Obviously when their is unjust prosecution, resistance is justified for.

So the verse 8:39 has conditions, Muslims have to be prosecuted and unjustly treated, in that scenario, Muslims are commanded to fight back, not to fight innocent disbelievers, but the guilty ones, hence the verse 8:30 talks about the disbeliever's plot to harm Muslims.

So unless important conditions are met, verse 8:39 shouldn't be applied.
edit on 24-1-2011 by reatarded because: layout

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well you shouldn't base your research on youtube vids...
I'd recommend you to look for some sociology/social anthropology works on the matter.
You should also listen to Islamic scholars, there's a lot of studies on the history, culture and such of the islamic peoples.
And the quotes you cited are not much more violent that the atrocities that are told on the bible...

Anyway, I don't care much for any book arrogant enough to tell me what's good and what's wrong; if you need a religion to realize that hurting others is bad and that you should share and act with compassion, then there's something bad about you... (i'm not referring to the op, obviously)
Drakus.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by reatarded
reply to post by Mythkiller

The verse of 8:39 should be read in context, the context would come to life if you read the chapter from start to finish. For example in 8:15 it says: "O ye who believe! When ye meet those who disbelieve in battle, turn not your backs to them". It is obvious that 8:39 is talking about war, more so it is talking about a specific war, for example in 8:30 it says "And when those who disbelieve plot against thee (O Muhammad) to wound thee fatally, or to kill thee or to drive thee forth; they plot, but Allah (also) plotteth; and Allah is the best of plotters".

Evidently it is talking about those disbelievers who were plotting to harm innocent Muslims, and harass the prophet Mohammad.

More so, the verses are talking about the time when Muslims were kicked out of Mekkah (from memory) and from reading the chapter, for example if you read 8:34 it says "What (plea) have they that Allah should not punish them, when they debar (His servants) from the Inviolable Place of Worship, though they are not its fitting guardians. Its fitting guardians are those only who keep their duty to Allah. But most of them know not".

The verse before 8:39 talks about prosecution of Mohammad once more, then it talks about fighting until prosecution is no more. It is good to read the verses of scriptures in the light of its context, otherwise the conclusion is completely corrupt. Here is what 8:38 says: "tell those who disbelieve that if they cease (from persecution of believers) that which is past will be forgiven them; but if they return (thereto) then the example of the men of old hath already gone (before them, for a warning)." See how it says to stop the prosecution of believers? Obviously when their is unjust prosecution, resistance is justified for.

So the verse 8:39 has conditions, Muslims have to be prosecuted and unjustly treated, in that scenario, Muslims are commanded to fight back, not to fight innocent disbelievers, but the guilty ones, hence the verse 8:30 talks about the disbeliever's plot to harm Muslims.

So unless important conditions are met, verse 8:39 shouldn't be applied.
edit on 24-1-2011 by reatarded because: layout

Nice context bringing there, mate.
You learn something every day.

top topics

join