It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Eygptian Tomb Full of Relics and Treasures Found Deep Within The Grand Canyon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by PeoriaAZ

Star and Flag for you if this is real. If this is real, I call Reptillians!! What is this stuff about Egyptians in the Grand Canyon??? More like the teachers or "GODS" of Egyptians in the first place, in this case it appears to be describing reptillians. Considering the references to a snaky room, and a metal that is unknown, I call reptillians all the way!!! If this is real...good find

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hybridkate

Reptilians? That has to be the dumbest thing I ever heard!

Is that what you are supposed to be a hybrid of, katie?? Must be a snow day today ...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If there were a clandestine Smithsonian expedition into a grand canyon hand hewn cave
from antiquity, there sure would have been photographs made... cameras & images would
surely have been taken on any funded expedition in 1909...

but like the Smithsonian reply states, the discovery is a 'Myth' documented by the Phoenix Gazette
it would seem to me that a Flagstaff , AZ paper would be a closer metro area to publish the Story in.
the train route there was probably better than the spur that Phoenix had back then...
just something to think about in critiquing the whole discovery thing...

wasn't the emerald tablet thing in the public realm at that time?
hmmmm, a competion of sorts to get eyeballs on syndicated newspapers back then?
edit on 24-1-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
In the event that anything of this nature should gain popular momentum in the U.S. (which isn't implausible) one could safely say that the Smithsonian picked up where the Ahnenerbe left off; an History of Art Project Paperclip if you like. I'm expecting more rumours, hoaxes and stage-managed global discoveries of diverse artifacts imminently. The thin end of Project Bluebeam?

Always struck me as deeply shadey that Zahi Hawass was cherry-picked, groomed, educated and invested with qualifications in and by the U.S. But I digress.

For me now, the Grand Canyon issue is arse-water. And I know all about that, see left

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

It has also been covered Here... and, Here... and, Here...

edit on 1/24/11 by NotTooHappy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
And then they found the Wizard of Oz...

The story is a farce...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

You have to have govenment permission to go into any cave and explorer

599c. No part of this title shall be construed as interfering with any of the laws of this state known as the "game laws," or any laws for or against the destruction of certain birds, nor must this title be construed as interfering with the right to destroy any venomous reptile, or any animal known as dangerous to life, limb, or property, or to interfere with the right to kill all animals used for food, or with properly conducted scientific experiments or investigations performed under the authority of the faculty of a regularly incorporated medical college or university of this state.

623. (a) Except as otherwise provided in Section 599c, any person who, without the prior written permission of the owner of a cave, intentionally and knowingly does any of the following acts is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding one year, or by a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both such fine and imprisonment:

So unless you own a cave, who owns caves?

The Federal Cave Resources Protection Act of 1988

be it enacted by the Senate and the House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress Assembled

SECTION 2. FINDINGS, PURPOSES, AND POLICY

(a) FINDINGS.-The Congress finds and declares that--

significant caves on Federal lands are an invaluable and irreplaceable part of the Nation’s natural heritage; and
in some instances, these significant caves are threatened due to improper use, increased recreational demand, urban spread, and a lack of specific statutory protection.
(b) PURPOSES.-The purposes of this Act are--

to secure, protect, and preserve significant caves on Federal lands for the perpetual use, enjoyment, and benefit of all people; and
to foster increased cooperation and exchange of information between governmental authorities and those who utilize caves located on Federal lands for scientific, education, or recreational purposes.
(c) POLICY.-It is the policy of the United States that Federal lands be managed in a manner which protects and maintains, to the extent practical, significant caves.

I seriously doubt they care about your safety while exploring, so what's the big deal about keeping people out of caves.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This is a fascinating story...but i cannot believe how many people have never heard of it. Seriously. There are hundreds of threads on this topic on ATS. One is still kind of ongoing.

You might find the "KGB Project ISIS" thread interesting, as well. Not to mention the threads about Egyptians in Australia.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The same newspaper had already published a matter-of-fact small item on the same subject previous to this story, this story was an update. Seems strangely un-hoaxy from that point of view, this is the crystalinks take on it all,

www.crystalinks.com...
edit on 24-1-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
The Smithsonian institute, has from the beginning, been systematically been removing "things that dont belong" from modern history. In does not surprise me that this "doesent exist" anymore. Its been completely excavated and boxed in some wherehouse like the arc of the covenant in the indiana jones movies. Sad but so true. I loathe the Smithsonian. I wanted to be an archeologist growing up, but when I learned what they did with real discoveries, I quickly learned it was a waste of effort.

Not only that, but the opening to whatever was found there now has bars over the entrance. Even if you did go there you couldn't get in. For the "pics or it never happened crowd". There is a picture of those bars on the net. Search long enough, you may find it. I've seen it, but I've never been able to find it a second time. So I guess it never happened. But if someone does find it, please post it here.

Let us also not forget, that the Smithsonian is a federal agency first and foremost. They have no allegiance to us.

ETA: It has been said, without proof I might add, the Smithsonian has been caught more than once dumping artifacts that don't fit the paradigm into the ocean by the shiploads. I wouldn't put it past them.
edit on 24-1-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by corruptpc

I believe this is a rerun from a few months ago.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
seriously... is this true?

2nd.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The area is not off limits, and at least one of our members has visited it. The names (given in the 1800's by the mapmakers) were simply evocative and not actual labels of structures.

www.mysteriousarizona.com...

More about the maps:
memory.loc.gov...

Grand Canyon hiking guides:
www.grand.canyon.national-park.com...

Rafting trips and rafting-hiking trips are also available.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Perhaps jumping to conclusions, like "reptilians" for example should be held until further exploration and excavation is done. I am open to any and all theories, including an alien reptilian race, (however far fetched it sounds....) but further investigation is a must.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Something very intriguing about this event. Many many people know that the Smithsonianstated no such S.A. Jordan was ever associated with them. But in the 1911 smithsonian annual report, it list the name S.A. Jordan as a field achaeologist. Why do they claim he never worked for them when he was listed in an official report as working for them? Makes you ask yourself if this story has some truth behind it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by skeetontheconspiracy

This is the first I've heard of his name coming up in Smithsonian records. I did a little searching but I am as of yet unable to uncover the report you mention. Do you have a link by chance?
edit on 24-1-2011 by Dilligaf28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The Smithsonian institute, has from the beginning, been systematically been removing "things that dont belong" from modern history. In does not surprise me that this "doesent exist" anymore. Its been completely excavated and boxed in some wherehouse like the arc of the covenant in the indiana jones movies. Sad but so true. I loathe the Smithsonian. I wanted to be an archeologist growing up, but when I learned what they did with real discoveries, I quickly learned it was a waste of effort.

Thankyou!, I'm glad that someone has the same views as me about that

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Not only that, but the opening to whatever was found there now has bars over the entrance. Even if you did go there you couldn't get in. For the "pics or it never happened crowd". There is a picture of those bars on the net. Search long enough, you may find it. I've seen it, but I've never been able to find it a second time. So I guess it never happened. But if someone does find it, please post it here.

Let us also not forget, that the Smithsonian is a federal agency first and foremost. They have no allegiance to us.

ETA: It has been said, without proof I might add, the Smithsonian has been caught more than once dumping artifacts that don't fit the paradigm into the ocean by the shiploads. I wouldn't put it past them.
edit on 24-1-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

Great stuff

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeetontheconspiracy
Something very intriguing about this event. Many many people know that the Smithsonianstated no such S.A. Jordan was ever associated with them. But in the 1911 smithsonian annual report, it list the name S.A. Jordan as a field achaeologist. Why do they claim he never worked for them when he was listed in an official report as working for them? Makes you ask yourself if this story has some truth behind it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Seriously?? That just proves it even more, they don't want to disrupt the paradigm paralysis that is most comfortable to them

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PeoriaAZ

If there was a link to the document on the smithsonian's servers then that could help prove it. Until that time the post is hearsay unsupported by any facts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join