It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does ATS have it's own "Home Grown" conspiracies.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
So why is it that when ever I research out a subject.. Make a nice thread someone is allowed to come along and stomp toes with the same exact subject? Just wondering I have some examples but I don't want to stoop their level. Seems like a group of peeps might get together and CONSPIRE against others this way. Does ATS have it's own "Home Grown " conspirators ?

This should be good.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Explanation: Uhmmm???

Terms And Conditions Of Use [ATS]

Specifically for the OP...

16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

The above use of the term 'anyone' includes the ATS website and it's entire membership OK!

Specifically for everybody else...

16d.) Forum Gangs: You will not engaged in an organized collaboration with other members to disrupt thread topics or interrupt the flow of normal collaborative discussion. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

And also....

16g.) Board Wars: You will not use these boards to organize "attacks" on other boards, blogs, or discussion groups, and similarly, you will not organize such attacks against this board. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

Personal Disclosure:
Are we learning yet???

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
So why is it that when ever I research out a subject.. Make a nice thread someone is allowed to come along and stomp toes with the same exact subject? Just wondering I have some examples but I don't want to stoop their level. Seems like a group of peeps might get together and CONSPIRE against others this way. Does ATS have it's own "Home Grown " conspirators ?

This should be good.

There was one hilarious thread about Dragonflies not existing.
That was when I lurked.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Hey I simply asked a question and avoided naming names or any underhanded thing like that .

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What are you actually saying?
That some steal stories??

The only Home grown conspiracy is that the Mods are real people..
They're not..They're preprogramed Bots...
Admin occasionally alters their programing just to keep us on our toes.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by randyvs

..cannot compute....

Reset..

YES, very true on that..

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

YES, very true on that...

That's new, admin developed a sense of humour, cool..

edit on 23-1-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

reply to post by randyvs

..cannot compute....

Reset..

YES, very true on that..

Does ATS police itself? Stop.

This is where I was headed more or less...the lighter side.

The point is there seems to be a lot of toe stomping going on.
edit on 23-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The only "homegrown" conspiracy that I am aware of is the whole COINTELPRO fiasco from years back.

Feel free to search for it, it was an interesting time.

As far as us policing ourselves, yup, we are the staff for a private internet website. What Skeptic says goes and we are simply here to manage the community and make sure the playground is a nice place for everybody

Edit: I'm sorry I misunderstood your question.

Repeat threads are allowed if they actually have NEW information which could not be put into the thread of the same content. Chemtrails for example, tons of threads on those, and they are allowed because the information is all different.

If you have something that you'd like to put up that already has a thread of the same name, I would suggest changing the name and then alerting the staff to see if it's something that could go into the original thread, of if it deserves a thread of it's own.

~Keeper
edit on 1/23/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It happens to me at times. Someone else has the same story but I think ATS timeline goes by the second, first one to post. If yours came out first contact a mod and they will move the other persons thread to yours and end it. Simple. Hope that helps. There may be a conflict with time zones?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Wow- I don't see a moderator tag in your avatar- relax- how about helping him instead of being condescending?
We're all in this together, aren't we?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
well if you believe any of this encyclopediadramatica.com... , then the answer is yes.

I'll just leave it at that and say that I do have an opinion but I might not be allowed to voice it.
edit on 23-1-2011 by Electric Crown because: FBI ref#8845100RQ129

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Thank you to the the tenth. What about toe stomps? Not much you can do about it when it occurs right ? By toe stomping I mean, some one almost copies a thread you post and posts it in a different forum. Couple hours right behind yours. Sort of bumping your thread right out off the boards. Taking advantage of all the research the other person did?

Whah!

i feel like such a

Whah Whah

edit on 23-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Thank you to the the tenth. What about toe stomps? Not much you can do about it when it occurs right ? By toe stomping I mean, some one almost copies a thread you post and posts it in a different forum. Couple hours right behind yours. Sort of bumping your thread right out off the boards. Taking advantage of all the research the other person did?

Mods usually close them but I know there's another rule about 2 threads being ok if ones in breaking news, or something like that.

I'm sure tenth will let you know...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well you can alert us to it.

If you another member is copy/pasting YOUR work onto another website, that's a violation of the T&C if they aren't giving proper citations and credit where it's due.

If you see that occur please alert the staff and we will look into it. Those sorts of things are taken very seriously.

Now if they post the same thread here on ATS, just in a differen forum, as long as your thread came first, then we will usually remove the duplicate and redirect to the on going discussion.

And yes you can have 1 duplicate thread in another forum if it already exists in Breaking News. Then again it depends on the content of the second thread, and where it was placed.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Whaaaandy

just callme Whaaandy from now on

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

If you another member is copy/pasting YOUR work onto another website, that's a violation of the T&C if they aren't giving proper citations and credit where it's due.

That would be a hard one to catch..
Chances are they would use a different username..

If they did it to me I'd just join the site and post the link to ATS to show them that it was on ATS first..
Fight fire with fire.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I would suggest against that. Alerting the staff is far more effective.

I've had it happen to me where a website took a thread from here, same username and all even had my profile information as an active user.

Needless to say a few hours later the content was taken down.

Doesn't matter if they use different user names, if the CONTENT is the same, word for word, they have to provide a source to ATS as credit.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Fair enough..
Good to see ATS are prepared to go to bat for members..

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Fair enough..
Good to see ATS are prepared to go to bat for members..

The #1 concern of the staff when it comes to content is that it remains YOUR content and your contribution. The last thing we want is people taking credit for OUR community.

Another reason we are the best on the net

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join