It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elite posers in Uniform: favorite moments.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
From ancient European royalty, to their off-shoots amongst the US East Coast's family dynasties, and also those in many other countries, the global war profiteers hardly ever see a battle, or get their claws dirty.
Nevertheless, sometimes they do grace us with a macho pose in uniform.
For me the most memorable was George W.Bush strutting his stuff on the USS Lincoln, with a huge "Mission Accomplished" banner forming the scenery.
www.thedailymaverick.co.za...
Another favorite must be the British "heir and the spare", and the spare (or "laddishly naughty" Prince Harry) goes to Afghanistan for some propaganda photos ever so often.
Links, clips, pictures and memorial narratives are welcome.
Perhaps some would disagree and say these decorative men would have fought - but alas, they are far too precious to put in harm's way.
Good heavens, no - what do they have the common rabble for?

Is there any politician who has falsely claimed military service in his shady past?
Is there anybody whose uniform is merely symbolic?
Please do share.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Alright, fair enough ... we know the Princes went through real military training, and I'm sure Harry would like to be closer to the action. He has some real sincerity.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
What?
People in the US actually have done this, and claimed to have served in Vietnam when they didn't?
Attorney General of Connecticut, Richard Blumenthal apparently did so.
www.nytimes.com...
I just wanted some pictures of Prince Charles on the Falkland Islands (or something like that).
But the fact that I read now people have really done this?
I mean that's just horrific.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
In civilian society there are a lot of idiots who claim to have been in the Foreign Legion and so forth.
Why, I wonder?
But why do politicians or other public figures get away with claiming to have been soldiers in a war?
Wouldn't the true veterans protest and destroy them?

top topics

join