It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Pianist Plays Propaganda Tune at White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Sub headline:

US humiliated in eyes of Chinese by song used to inspire anti-Americanism

So the chinese pianist purposely played a "patriotic" song at the White House during the chinese leader's visit that the chinese have used since the korean war to bash the U.S.

No doubt the obamas sat there smiling like the naive fools they are during the playing. Maybe "O-bow-ma" even bowed some more after it was over.

Can you imagine if an American artist had done the same during a presidential visit to Beijing?

source

Lang Lang the pianist says he chose it. Chairman Hu Jintao recognized it as soon as he heard it. Patriotic Chinese Internet users were delighted as soon as they saw the videos online. Early morning TV viewers in China knew it would be played an hour or two beforehand. At the White House State dinner on Jan. 19, about six minutes into his set, Lang Lang began tapping out a famous anti-American propaganda melody from the Korean War: the theme song to the movie “Battle on Shangganling Mountain.”

and

The song Lang Lang played describes how beautiful China is and then near the end has this verse, “When friends are here, there is fine wine /But if the jackal comes /What greets it is the hunting rifle.” The “jackal” in the song is the United States.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
hahaha i love this almost as good as george W-Ya reading the book on 9/11 haha
looks like china sees you americans as its own little pet goat!

Plot

"The Pet Goat" is the story of a girl's pet goat that eats everything in its path. The girl's parents want to get rid of the goat, but she defends it. In the end, the goat becomes a hero when it butts a car thief into submission.

hopefully you can redeem yourselves though, maybe another war?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 23-1-2011 by DevilJin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

Didn't see it in that forum. Ok to close.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by questcequecest

Thing is, "we" Americans are not their pet goats. Im an American, and believe me, im not anyones "pet goat." Just like you said, China "sees" us as pets, but we're not. That is Obama if anybody. He's our leader, he and his staff represent us, but their not us.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I think this is a misunderstanding that someone is taking the seat to the number, you know no one says that the so called jackal refers in particular to US, in fact, it is a kind of figure of speech, it can be refered to anyone that wants to invade others, but we know America is the one wants to invade nobody, so maybe US is the last one that can be refered to the jackal...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Let's see.... China is.... uhh.... disrespecting... errrr... uhhh. downplaying the United States of America by a piano song...

Ok.

Good job, China.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
i was talking yesterday to a family member who goes to china a few times a year...i asked him if he has heard about public executions etc..

he said when hes there the western workers never really get close to their chinese co-wokers...but he has someone who he worked with for a few years and he did tell him something..

the family member told me that yes...this does happen..public executions go on...family members of the killed person then get sent the bill for the bullet that was used and all other costs..

this chinese co-worker of my family member then said that when people from where he comes find out that there is to be an execution they go and when the person has been killed they get his body....and they take his head..

they then open the mans skull and eat his brain..

i asked my family member why they do this...if they think its got 'magical' powers...or cures something etc..

he simply said he didnt ask as he didnt really want to find out any more...

i honestly believe if china EVER take over large parts of the world we are in for a very dark time...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Is it inappropriate for the US to play its national anthem when a British dignitary is present? After all, that's one of our best "England sucks, America rocks" songs.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

the french national anthem is all about fighting austrians and 'german' invading forces...and is played all the time..even when german or austrian guests are present..however...the song played in the US recently isnt the chinese national anthem...maybe the pianist didnt realize what he was doing and who 'the jacals' are...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
Is it inappropriate for the US to play its national anthem when a British dignitary is present? After all, that's one of our best "England sucks, America rocks" songs.

Actually I think protocol demands it. If I remember right it depends on the dignitary's title, and the visit itself. I think its the foreign anthem, then the host countries anthem.

Also, to comment on the other comments in this thread. We can look at it as being disrespectful, or we an use it to our advantage. Only in the US could an incident like that occur, and not be followed up with a bullet to the head. If something like that occured in China, I am sure the reaction would be overkill.

It allows us to shove it back in their faces while at the same time showing chinese citizens what freedom is.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

[i]Originally posted by 00nunya00

Actually I think protocol demands it. If I remember right it depends on the dignitary's title, and the visit itself. I think its the foreign anthem, then the host countries anthem.
Also, to comment on the other comments in this thread. We can look at it as being disrespectful, or we an use it to our advantage. Only in the US could an incident like that occur, and not be followed up with a bullet to the head. If something like that occured in China, I am sure the reaction would be overkill.

It allows us to shove it back in their faces while at the same time showing chinese citizens what freedom is.

It's NOT the PRC anthem, it's a" famous anti-American propaganda melody from the Korean War: the theme song to the movie “Battle on Shangganling Mountain.”
edit on 24-1-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join