It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should I call myself?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I have a problem identifying my view of the world and I would like some help doing so. For the last couple of months , I've referred to myself incorrectly as a trans humanism and Iknow where I went wrong.

I dream of a world in which humans are significantly robotic. I mean people without legs having robotic legs that have control over and blind people having
robotic eyes so they can see. Trans humanist and even post humanist seem to think that we can bread these things out of humans which I'm not om favor of.

I'm very anti-selective breeding and eugenics because I belive they lead people down a very dark place and I don't think we have to go there to improve life on this planet. I think we can arrive at utopia without selective breeding through the advancement of robotic engineering . But I have yet to hear of term of someone who is pro-cybernetics humans beings. Is that word for it yet or am I in uncharted territory here?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I would suggest you don't label yourself, other than being human.

Labels are used to put yourself in a box, and as much as people want to identify with a certain section of the population, it's really divise and hurts us in the long run

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

Don't worry, others will not hesitate to label you...

I have been labeled a "people like you" whatever that is.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Labels are used to put yourself in a box, and as much as people want to identify with a certain section of the population, it's really divise and hurts us in the long run

~Keeper

Good point but I'd hate to label myself a shuman. They're mortal and wages wars. I don't really like those things. That's why I'm pro-android.
Much longer lifespan.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

~Keeper

Good point but I'd hate to label myself a shuman. They're mortal and wages wars. I don't really like those things. That's why I'm pro-android.
Much longer lifespan.

Even monkeys wage war on themselves my friend. Androids with human parts and conciousness would do no better. They would just have better weaponry.

Besides immortality isn't a desire of mine nor should it be anybody's considering everything involved...

top topics

join