It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The anti-star option - a suggestion for ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's one.

There are others but with different terminology.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

haha thank you and much appreciated

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Nah! Most sites don't put a "negative star" or "dislike button". I usually get more "thumbs down" than "thumbs up", which could mean that only sheeple believe in normally accepted facts and not weird, unsubstantiated stuff. So to avoid controversy and show some sensitivity to stupid (and/or insane) posters, an "anti-star" option would not afford posters the opportunity to make fools of themselves in public, no matter how outrageous the claims and such.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The problem with a negative system (and it's been said in other threads) is that it would be used politically. If I said the so-called revolution in Egypt is going to lead to greater tyranny than they have now, you would negative star me just because you did not believe that. On the other hand, I'd give everyone who said this has never been discussed before a negative star because you obviously didn't do enough research on the issue. It comes up weekly.

Now, if you like what someone has said, you give them the positive feedback of a star or flag or both. If you don't like it, leave it alone. Over time you will be able to get a rough idea of how valuable a member's contributions are by their 'scores.' If you don't care about that, you can ignore that, too. The beauty of the current system is that it is not mandatory to pay attention to it.
edit on 1/29/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join