It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rice with Human Genes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
My dietitian sister stumbled across this older new article from 2007. Of course GM is behind it:
The Rice with Human Genes

It's crossed with human genes that allow it to create the proteins found in breast milk and saliva, which they extract from the rice. They planned on putting it in products like yogurts and dessert which could be used to treat diarrhea in third world countries.

Wondering if I am actually eating any of these products without my knowledge I did some sleuthing. Didn't find anything about it in our food supply, but there is a company in Japan, PrevenTec, Inc, that produces the proteins for medical use.

This is absolutely ridiculous but this lady said it best

Friends of the Earth campaigner Clare Oxborrow said: "Using food crops and fields as glorified drug factories is a very worrying development.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I suppose they expect us to eat that stuff "With some fava beans, and a nice chianti" ......

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GLantern101

This is a very worrisome development...aside from the connotations of GM foods and human genes, who wants saliva in their rice?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The added salivary enzymes could aid in digestion, which is a key for trying to feed a starving people (the starches in rice can cause severe stomache cramps to someone not used to them).

Having it have proteins, assuming they are not deformed, could make rice as powerful as red beans and rice, which will fatten up anyone.

Not saying i like the idea. Just thinking out loud about it.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by avocadoshag

Are you serious:

What part of "PROTEINS FOUND IN" did you not get. That's not the part you should be worrying about.

Labeling these products would be difficult because the average person, as we have already seen, doesn't understand what these proteins are for would go jumping to conclusions.

However, I do believe they should label these products due to the fact that even though this rice may be safe, we don't know how safe most GM foods are. The fact that they are not naturally occurring has an effect on how our bodies react to them. Yes, scientists may try their best to make it so that some of these substances do not react in a volatile manner within our bodies...its not guaranteed. I think their should be a lot more testing before GM foods are set in our food supply.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by avocadoshag
reply to post by GLantern101

This is a very worrisome development...aside from the connotations of GM foods and human genes, who wants saliva in their rice?

MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm... MOCHI !

Seriously, the world has gone nuts, and after the bottleneck the next civilization will be going "humans evolved from rice".

Of course, it won't be humans saying that; it will be the next so-called intelligent race.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

Are you serious:

What part of "PROTEINS FOUND IN" did you not get. That's not the part you should be worrying about.

No, I was not being serious at all.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

Labeling these products would be difficult because the average person, as we have already seen, doesn't understand what these proteins are for would go jumping to conclusions.

However, I do believe they should label these products due to the fact that even though this rice may be safe, we don't know how safe most GM foods are.

Exactly. If they did use it in a list of ingredients it will more than likely be listed as interleukin-10(IL-10, not Human IL-10.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
MMM human rice,satisfies my canibal desires.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
if i was a poor 3d world citizen with a chronic diarrhea and family to feed i would eat the thing till i am full and tend some more. bottom line, fake concerns for fake moral issues aren't worth a shyt.

new topics

top topics

join