It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on with all these shootings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Two people dead and two cops shot.

Is the current magnetic shift making people crazy? Is there an increase in these shootings?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Statistics show that violent crime rates in the USA are on the decline since the 90's.

Also, the most important thing here, is why are the media organizations focusing on violent crime suddenly in such a big way?

There is a political agenda going on here. This much is obvious.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I thought these things happened all the time.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
They are just being more widely reported so that the elected puppets have a platform to demand gun-control so that the public can be disarmed.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Gee let me guess,
it happened outside a WalMart
a store which is very similar to Target
a store that has logo that resembles cross-hairs
so it must be Sarah Palin's fault.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
My experience is that you wouldn't believe me, if I told you.

I will note that [some thing(s)] is/are moving about freely, with detrimental actions, trying to get everyone's attention.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Idk why, but there does seem to be an upswing in politically motivated or at least strikes against the establishment. There was one today in Detroit at the police station 4 cops were shot (none killed) and the shooter was shot dead. www.cnn.com...

I know times are tough for a lot of people, especially in Detroit, but what is the purpose of going into the police station and just start shooting the place up? The guy had to know he wasn't gonna walk out of there, although maybe that was the point.
edit on 23-1-2011 by searching4truth because: fix link

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Soke33

You have no idea what I would believe ... :-) Please share your observations.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Statistics also show 1 in 10 000 people die from smoking.

Keep on smokin friends

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Soke33

Go ahead and tell us. Many here have a high
tolerance and/or understanding of the unbelievable.....and would
like to know what you are thinking....
edit on 23-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I think people are sick and tired. Tired of working for a living and still losing everything. Tired of not being able to afford gas to get to work, heat their home, or cook their dinner. Sick of seeing the same trite promises broken, sick of seeing the dishonest and greedy get ahead everytime, and just sick and tired of being sick and tired.

There are some mentally ill people out there. But sometimes a person's breaking point is just lower than others.

This case had me horrified. articles.cnn.com...

Lupoe wrote in the fax, "after a horrendous ordeal, my wife felt it better to end our lives; and why leave our children in someone else's hands ... we have no job and 5 children under 8 years with no place to go. So here we are."

Clearly he had major issues. But with 2 job losses in the house I can only imagine that it sent him so far over the edge he felt he had no option.

This job loss had the same affect. www.gastongazette.com...

ASHEVILLE -- Authorities said a man who lost his job and had his wife die in the past two years shot a family member and a friend before turning the gun on himself.

These are but two cases out of countless others for countless other reasons. Horrific in every way. And before anyone thinks I condone this or blame someone else besides who pulled the trigger.. I DO NOT. Both cases turn my stomache and the first one leaves me even more speechless.

My whole point is that these things will increase exponentially because of the added stress of a bad economy and with the hopelessness that comes with it. More people are going without medication because they can't afford it. This will help the increase in suicides and homicides.

And on the other side you will always have someone who is just evil with no excuses and no mentall issues. It is definitely getting harder to watch the news everyday without atleast one horrific headline. It is quite sad.

edit on 1/23/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

Uhm, no... We are seeing a spike in violent gun related crimes. For January alone Law Enforcement has suffered 11 fatalities.

Officer Down Memorial Page

Deputy Sheriff Suzanne Hopper
Clark County Sheriff's Office, OH
EOW: Saturday, January 1, 2011
Cause of Death: Gunfire

Deputy Sheriff John Norsworthy
Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office, TX
EOW: Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Cause of Death: Automobile accident

Chief of Police Ralph Painter
Rainier Police Department, OR
EOW: Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Police Officer William H. Torbit Jr.
Baltimore City Police Department, MD
EOW: Sunday, January 9, 2011
Cause of Death: Gunfire (Accidental)

Police Officer Rogerio Morales
Davie Police Department, FL
EOW: Thursday, January 13, 2011
Cause of Death: Heart attack

Police Officer Kevin P. Marceau
Dallas Police Department, TX
EOW: Friday, January 14, 2011
Cause of Death: Struck by vehicle

Police Officer Christopher Matlosz
Lakewood Police Department, NJ
EOW: Friday, January 14, 2011

Police Officer Larry Nehasil
Livonia Police Department, MI
EOW: Monday, January 17, 2011

Detective Roger Castillo
Miami-Dade Police Department, FL
EOW: Thursday, January 20, 2011

Detective Amanda Haworth
Miami-Dade Police Department, FL
EOW: Thursday, January 20, 2011

Corporal Charles Richard (Chuck) Nesbitt Jr.
Sumter Police Department, SC
EOW: Friday, January 21, 2011
Cause of Death: Automobile accident

edit on 24-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I will share, since I've been invited. Thank you.

There were about 6,000 men in a Roman legion.

Legion is "many" (Mark 5 and Luke 8); each one with their own distinctive characteristics, but one common goal.

Not all spirits have an earthen body. Some are grounded here, with no vessel of their own, and it is by their own choice. They seek out refuge, like any homeless being.

People have a home for their spirit, our intellect ~ both conscious and unconscious. Those lost spirits seek out weaknesses in people to steal some comfort.

Circumstances in my life about six years back opened my eyes to literally see one of these evil spirits, and I subsequently watched it travel the US through news stories...going from one to the other for months. It was one concentrated on shooting the family members of its host. One of my own family members was overtaken by that spirit, and it was the same one. There is no doubt in my mind.

The recent story of the 14 year old boy who shot some members of his family with a gun he received as a gift, he said he didn't know why he did it. I know that to be true. It was that same spirit, surfaced again.

I have seen one with a stabbing motion, like the ice pick stabbing in New York in June 2009.

Not all killings are propagated by outside entities influencing hosts. Many people just have lost spirits of their own, but this does happen.

Many have lost the ability to keep these spirits at bay because of denial of the power granted to do it. Our current world is full of unprotected vessels. I am a believer that the activity will increase, as time progresses.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Well, you and your wife both lose jobs, hungry kids, homeless ... come on guys? What is a guy SUPPOSED to do?

Just sit around waiting for welfare checks? Use food money to get to interviews? Go homeless and teach the kids to beg? That happens round here, kids beg at car windows. You want to teach your kids how to do that?

Everyone always says: "They were such nice people" and "they didn't have to do this" ... but in all sincerity, none of those people would have given them food an shelter, it just doesn't work that way. And when these "nice people" can't give their kids food, oh well then call the welfare people, they can take the kids somewhere nice.

Things are getting bad for a lot of people out there, this kind of thing will only increase. Seriously, what are we all actually living for? And life at any cost, is it really? Even if you're cold hungry homeless and depressed, stay alive so as not to ruin other people's day?? Is that it?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

My first thought and concern when these events occur, is copycats.
The copycat threat is a heightened risk as certain individuals see the media coverage.
Another threat is when one disturbed person takes action such as the law into their own hands, it may
convince another unstable person to do so.

Special consideration should be given to the threat of like begets like.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Soke33

Thanks for explaining.

join