It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Strange That FEMA Wants to Buy 140 Million Packaged Meals with a Shelf Life Only 36 Months?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Remember FEMA arrived in New York the evening BEFORE 9/11

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
reply to post by coolottie

I was saying that "I wonder" if there were data that was out there of the government running drills before major events. Because "if" this were a drill we might be able to see some sort of pattern.

Yep, look up the drills before 9/11 , London 7/7 and Haiti

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well... the packaged meals don't stay fresh forever, so on the surface it seems that they expect to need them in the near future. Why not have a supply on hand like this in 1970, 1980, 1990, etc? Why are so many preparations that appear to be for catastrophic disasters happening lately?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnvrliz

Originally posted by sjrily
VERY interesting...

FEMA "will simulate the catastrophic nature of a major earthquake in the central United States region of the New Madrid Seismic Zone" in May 2011.

FEMA National Level Exercise 2011

National Level Exercise NLE 2011 Private Sector Participation

I'm going to read your links now...

A simple spelling error sure can make a big difference. The t is missing. It should read stimulate.

Simulate ??? As far as I can recall whenever we simulate or have a drill it usually comes true shortly there after.
BTW some people call for TSHTF May 21st 2011.....

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

I see what your saying but does FEMA and Homeland Security purchase 140 million prepared meals everytime they have a drill? They don't. On the government site I linked to which George Ure had a link to on his site urbansurvival.com, The Federal Government Site said nothing about a drill.

The purpose of this Request for Information is to identify sources of

Vendors are encouraged to ask the Government questions regarding this potential requirement. Questions must be submitted in writing to Julieann L. Phillips at [email protected] not later than 2:00PM, 26 January 2011 to be answered. Responses to questions will be provided not later than 2:00PM, 03 February 2011. Request for Information closing date is 03 February 2011.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Is anyone reading the Federal Government Website about this, It is Not a Drill. The Federal Government put this site up on Jan 20, 2011 and expect contractors to make their bids by Jan. 26, 2011 and questions no later than Feb. 3, 2011. In other words Giving a 6 day deadline to aquire these meals (2 per day) for 7 million "projected survivors". Sounds pretty urgent to me. That is only 6 days to put in a bid or even prepare that much prepared meals. HERE IS THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT LINK

www.fbo.gov...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Just my take on it...

When I did military service in Switzerland, I spent some time in one of the giant bunkers we have up in the mountains. The bunkers are in case of a nuclear attack and have food that lasts way longer than 36mo...having said that, after trying that food, I rather have them buy food that only lasts 36mo and then replace it every 36mo

If they bought stuff that really lasts forever, next time a catastrophe happens, people will complain about the quality of food

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

And in response to Gazrok
they already know who is capable of supplying
their inventory and usually Haliburton is not far
from the top of the list. Might I remind Gazrok
of the US's no bid contract doctrine???

Don't need to remind me, but seems that either they don't feel Haliburton can supply the needed quantity, or they are simply weighing their options for the next contract. An RFI is NOT a PO...and does NOT violate their existing contract.

They haven't BOUGHT anything. They are looking for information only (going by the links provided).

That's all the links show, is an RFI.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
Is anyone reading the Federal Government Website about this, It is Not a Drill. The Federal Government put this site up on Jan 20, 2011 and expect contractors to make their bids by Jan. 26, 2011 and questions no later than Feb. 3, 2011. In other words Giving a 6 day deadline to aquire these meals (2 per day) for 7 million "projected survivors". Sounds pretty urgent to me. That is only 6 days to put in a bid or even prepare that much prepared meals. HERE IS THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT LINK

www.fbo.gov...

Great thread op, I just had another thought. FEMA is actually creating jobs by ordering so many items. I know that this is not totally a bad thing. While it is scary, the people that are working in theses factories to make these MRE's and blankets are thankful for the orders. After all it is job security right. I know, but you have to look at the good side sometimes. Now I hope that we are not buying all of the stuff from China..lol

I do not have enough time to research who is manufacturing these goods.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jameshawkings

This has been debunked as a rumour AGES ago...nice try though

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
The nerve of them!

Imagine stocking up on supplies of food, water and blankets!

How dare they!

I think the conspiracy theorists should be more pissed off about this though, I mean why the hell would they want to feed, water and blanket people only to gas, guillotine and bury the very same people in mass graves??

Oh yeah and only 36 months? That's 3 years, it really is a suitable timeframe for such goods methinks.

Think CONTROL with the help of a national disaster.

Just as some DC folks are probably wanting the suffers of the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico to really get upset so they can declare martial law in that area--Obama would love to hit the south, I bet--which could then be extended. Admittedly, that all is a bit of a streach, but many of us have stopped believing that our government is working solely in our interest. Therefore, you will see twists of logic that make no sense to a typical debunker, but makes us wonder at the least.

As for as the MREs, from my own experiences, they can be decent for years. Most of the stuff is freeze-dried and keeps very well. I'm sure the military rotates its stocks once they start to age. Actually, I just checked my remaining Vegetarian MRE (menu No. 11 Pasta with vegetables--Honest!) and it does not have an expiration data. With a world of calamities continually going on somewhere, I doubt they will got to waste. They ship very easily.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Can man rule himself?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
PLEASE.....READ THIS, YES, I AM SCREAMING NO ONE IS READING MY POSTS. THE OFFICAL FEDERAL WEBSITE ABOUT THESE MEALS, STATE FOR NEW MADRID DISASTER. NOTHING ABOUT A "DRILL" OR "YELLOWSTON PARK." FEDS. POSTED THIS ON GOV. SITE JAN. 20 THEIR DEAD LINE IS FOR JAN. 26, 2011 AND QUESTIONS NO LATER THAN FEB, 3, 2011. "NOT A DRILL" "NOT YELLOWSTONE" YES. FOR NEW MADRID FAULT "ONLY'. I LIVE IN ARKANSAS.
GOVERNMENT LINK AND QUOTES
[url=https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=eaea338540a0aea155a48a650a077352&tab=core&_cview=0]

supply for meals in support of disaster relief efforts based on a catastrophic disaster event within the New Madrid Fault System for a survivor population of 7M to be utilized for the

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by burntheships

Right. Those links are to an RFI, not a PO (or Purchase Order).

The RFI is to provide information for logistics to identify the supply chain that is capable of meeting such a demand on short notice, and within very strict parameters. This RFI would be sent to MANY different vendors to see:

1) Who can best meet the needs
2) The price at which they can meet the needs
3) The vendor's perceived capability to meet those promises
4) The stability of the vendor

etc., etc. to then determine who would get the arrangement contract, in case such a thing was needed.

You certainly don't want to be trying to negotiate this in the middle of responding to a crisis. Folks are reading WAY too much into this.

Scratching the surface, I agree with you. I did not realize this would garner so much attention.

In all honesty, however I see that this is swelling over the internet now.

I have posted things much scarier than this, and maybe had a handful of replies.

I guess we can assume there is a fair amount of concern on the part of the citizens that think maybe they would be left in the dark about a natural earthquake.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Calm down, the deadline is for the RFI

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) procures and stores pre-packaged
commercial meals to support readiness capability for immediate distribution to disaster
survivors routinely. The purpose of this Request for Information is to identify sources of
supply for meals in support of disaster relief efforts based on a catastrophic disaster event within the New Madrid Fault System for a survivor population of 7M to be utilized for the
sustainment of life during a 10-day period of operations.

Of course FEMA runs scenarios and then stocks up according to that. In this case, the food will be used in a special location...if they bought food for Florida residents, they would have said "Florida". In no way do they imply a disaster will happen

So calm down and breathe

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by jameshawkings

This has been debunked as a rumour AGES ago...nice try though

I have no clue why we keep butting heads here
and in many different threads. But you seem to
spew disinfo on multiple threads. MMmmmmm,
could this be for an agenda ???

But I believe you are wrong ..... FEMA did arrive in NY
on Sept. 10, 2001 for a bio terror exercise.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This Wed, we are having a great shake out drill.
www.shakeout.org...

I see others are having them this week too.
www.shakeout.org...

I hate having to connect the dots in the dark. Either way..man-made or not..I'm getting prepared.
edit on 24-1-2011 by blue_fish because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2011 by blue_fish because: wrong dates...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I think I need to scream this too..as it is getting missed. THIS IS NOT A PURCHASE ORDER, IT IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) for bids. There is nothing to confirm they are actually making a purchase. THEY AREN'T ACTUALLY BUYING THESE MEALS, THEY ARE TRYING TO SEE WHO CAN SUPPLY THEM AND AT WHAT COST.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

You might wanna read this. Don't believe him? Request the information yourself, you can do so as per freedom of information act

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Perhaps this has something to do with news regarding Yellowstone, scaremongering perhaps but maybe they know more than they are letting on....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join