It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Strange That FEMA Wants to Buy 140 Million Packaged Meals with a Shelf Life Only 36 Months?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I don't know about you, but as far as I'm concerned, when the UK or US governments plan to do excercises, that usually means something real is about to happen under the guise of an excercise.

11/09 and 7/7 are prime examples

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
You don't have to be a genius to work it out Yellowstone is about to go and they know it, life is about to change and we know it. Yet we spend hours arguing about who is right and who is wrong. The truth is if you are not prepared then you will die. Thats the harsh reality of it.

Its a simple choice, spend hours arguing who is right or start to prepare for an eventuality. This isn't scare mongering it is simple logic.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
what if they are going camping ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8067e7a8c32a.jpg[/atsimg]

Art by David Dees
www.sl-webs.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
If you read the news article carefully, FEMA are simply finding out where they can get the supplies in the event of an emergency. They usually have a stockpile in case of need, but as there hasn't been any emergencies for quite some time now, rather than spend taxpayers money 'just in case', they now simply need to know where to get the supplies.

The job of FEMA is to save lives, and that is what they do. Not round everyone up into cattle trucks to slave camps....

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
You don't have to be a genius to work it out Yellowstone is about to go and they know it, life is about to change and we know it. Yet we spend hours arguing about who is right and who is wrong. The truth is if you are not prepared then you will die. Thats the harsh reality of it.

Its a simple choice, spend hours arguing who is right or start to prepare for an eventuality. This isn't scare mongering it is simple logic.

I completely agree. I believe that it's probably Yellowstone's time again and our government is actually being smart for a change and getting themselves ready. I guess you can only practice the 7 P's for so long (Piss Poor Planning Provides Piss Poor Performance).

I understand the need for debate and debate is healthy, but in cases such as this people should realize that it's always better to be safe then sorry. Even though I believe we are do for a big eruption/earthquake that doesn't mean I spent all why time awake worrying. I don't spend too much time thinking about it at all; just enough to make sure I have food, water, clothing and essentials stored up. This way I won't have to rely on the government or FEMA to keep me alive.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow

Originally posted by franspeakfree

I completely agree. I believe that it's probably Yellowstone's time again and our government is actually being smart for a change and getting themselves ready. I guess you can only practice the 7 P's for so long (Piss Poor Planning Provides Piss Poor Performance).

I understand the need for debate and debate is healthy, but in cases such as this people should realize that it's always better to be safe then sorry. Even though I believe we are do for a big eruption/earthquake that doesn't mean I spent all why time awake worrying. I don't spend too much time thinking about it at all; just enough to make sure I have food, water, clothing and essentials stored up. This way I won't have to rely on the government or FEMA to keep me alive.

Actually more like:

Financial Melt down -> Mass unemployment, Riots etc...
Solar maximum -> Weather change (NOT global warming), Lost food production

It all depends how big the Melt Down is and how big the Sloar Max is, the others are already happening right now.

Maybe not Mad Max times, but it might have some survival tips

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NibiruWarrior

What about NLE 2010? It was to do with a nuclear attack!

Fact is, we get these sorts of threads every year about how there's going to be a false flag event during these exercises.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by NibiruWarrior

What about NLE 2010? It was to do with a nuclear attack!

Fact is, we get these sorts of threads every year about how there's going to be a false flag event during these exercises.

True, only a few have come true out of how many??
I know of three coincedences..9/11, 7/7 and Port Arthur..That's it....

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

This is good to bring up, but really has nothing in common with evil plots. All government agencys that provide goods are required to keep a stock on hand. For us military folks we have WRM, or War Reserve Material. Belive it or not ammo does go bad over time, when it does we use it for training if it wont kill us or send it off to depo for destruction.

You would think that after the Katrina S*Storm people would understand why FEMA would be stocking up.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sjrily
VERY interesting...

FEMA "will simulate the catastrophic nature of a major earthquake in the central United States region of the New Madrid Seismic Zone" in May 2011.

FEMA National Level Exercise 2011

National Level Exercise NLE 2011 Private Sector Participation

Like they did "drills" on 9/11 that looked like the "real" thing.

Oh, yeah. They're up to something!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

S&F burntheships - I see more and more threads from you which go into my subscribed list - keep up the good work!

I seem to recall that on (or around) 9/ 11/ 2001 there was a large-scale 'exercise' re: the gov's response to a 'terrorist' attack in New York.

It would be beyond ridiculous if they went through with a false flag in light of the attention these FEMA plans are receiving (both here and elsewhere on the net.)

If something terrible does happen and is claimed as a 'bizarre coincidence/ twist of fate' on FOX/ CNN etc, then it would be an acceptable response for us to consider that the PTB have declared covert war on the civilian populace.. Depopulation will likely be the ongoing priority for those unspeakably twisted b**tards after such an event, and people who are aware of what's happening will have a responsibility to inform others, and to prepare for any and all eventualities.

Evil triumphs when good men and women do nothing.

Note the recent decimation of your constitutional rights in Atlanta's courtrooms. No replacement of government allowed! Welcome to your friendly neo-fascist state - comply, or die.

God be with us all.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

im in southern Illinois too!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
So they are making enquiries into buying these meals - they aren't bought yet - maybe they want you to think that they will buy them and that is why this has been publicised.
(I have read that they tend to say the opposite of the actual fact)

If they do stockpile meals, it will not conform to the guidelines on the Georgia Guidestones i.e. they want a population cull .......don't they?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
well i sir have to say remember ww2?

maybe a nice camping trip to a warm place more like a hell i suppose.

keep these people out of this world

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I live in Arkansas, and have seen this coming since Nov. all the birds, squrriels, deer, and ants are gone, What really scares me about this Gov. articile is their deadline. They want contracters to have 14million meals a day for 10 days and by Jan 26, 2011 no later than Feb 3, 2011. They do not say anywhere this is for a drill. This is preparing for the real thing. The only bird I have seen since the end of Sept. is black birds. I usually have to put seeds for the birds feeders every 3 days not a feeder has been touched since Sept., Squirrels did not store nuts this year, and between them and the deer all the acorns are gone by Dec. 1st. The yard is covered in acorns. I even put out corn for the deer during the snow. It was untouched. So I have been expecting a major quake of the New Madrid since Nov., I live close to Hot Springs and there was a quake north of us where we never had one before just about 2 months ago. I have been getting can goods and other things together with my neighbor for about 2 months. Do I think HAARP could be involved? Yes ! Since Janet (Big Sis) of Homeland Security warned a friend to put up goods for 6 months, I watch the New Madrid every day. Plus, this would be the Perfect Sinerio for Marshall Law in so many states at once, and just like New Orleans they will go door to door confiscating guns. To put just a week deadline away is something to think about. If the Mississippi River becomes 50 miles wide people better decide which side they want to be on. I am not trying to scare anyone, but I am definitely prepared.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
There shouldn't be anything to fear. FEMA is merely attempting to look ahead, and plan ahead. Imagine how many people would cry foul if FEMA did NOT look and plan ahead should a disaster strike. It's actually quite heartening to see that they are looking ahead to potential disasters.

Further, procuring this amount of MREs ahead of time is insurance should the worst happen. There is nothing to say that these MREs can only be used for a New Madrid fault crisis. should a disaster befall any part of this country (or overseas), we have millions of MREs to ship to the needy.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

I use to work in Yellowstone, and you could bet when it is about to go are even close all the animals in the park would be gone. The rangers monitor the park animals and the rangers would be gone also. The last big quake in Yellowstone was the first of 1960 or end of 1950. There would be major quakes before the whole thing blew.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

I'm very level headed on these subjects...and try not to jump to any gloom and doom conclusions..however..I have to agree with you that we have less bird activity this year too. My feeders are still full since I filled them up on Halloween weekend 10'.

Not nearly as many of those pesky blackbirds here either..usually the yard is covered with them and I haven't seen them this fall or winter..?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Is this something that FEMA does on a regular basis?

It would seem to me that to be an agency that manages emergencies that they should have food stockpiled at various locations throughout the county.

Then if there is an emergency, people can be provided food.

I don't really understand why this would be strange.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

In reply to your post, this is not true, there would be tremors as the magma rises. At the moment we can see that the magma has risen slightly but not at any critical point, HOWEVER, all it takes is a tectonic shift and we could be facing something entirely unseen on this planet for years.

Here are articles from 2008 - 2011, it is clear after reading them in succession what is happening below the surface. My family began preparing 1 year ago, the hardest part was which food we should select. But I believe that when the time comes we can not only help each other but help others also. You see I used to think that those who weren't prepared should be left to fend for themselves, but I realise now that I could be in a position to help many and after all how many times can I say "I told you so" before I get bored.

Even if people read this and think this person is having a laugh HUMOUR ME and keep some rations at home for any eventuality. WATER is essential.

Yellowstone National Park's supervolcano just took a deep "breath," causing miles of ground to rise dramatically, scientists report.

The simmering volcano has produced major eruptions—each a thousand times more powerful than Mount St. Helens's 1980 eruption—three times in the past 2.1 million years. Yellowstone's caldera, which covers a 25- by 37-mile (40- by 60-kilometer) swath of Wyoming, is an ancient crater formed after the last big blast, some 640,000 years ago.

source

The nearly 300 small earthquakes that have rumbled underneath Yellowstone National Park during the past week seem to have subsided for now, according to data from the Yellowstone Volcano Observatory.

The swarm of small earthquakes, the largest in more than two decades, began during the last week of December, and include three quakes that happened last Friday -- a magnitude 3.5 quake at 11:30 a.m., followed by quakes measuring 3.2 and 3.1 at 12:40 p.m. and 1:15 p.m.

Source

CHEYENNE - Scientists were closely monitoring more than 250 small earthquakes that rattled Yellowstone National Park over the weekend and into Monday.

Swarms of small earthquakes happen frequently in Yellowstone. But Robert Smith, a professor of geophysics at the University of Utah, said it's very unusual for so many earthquakes to happen over several days.

Source

DENVER — In the last two weeks, more than 100 mostly tiny earthquakes a day, on average, have rattled a remote area of Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming, putting scientists who monitor the park’s strange and volatile geology on alert.

Source
edit on 24-1-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join