It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Strange That FEMA Wants to Buy 140 Million Packaged Meals with a Shelf Life Only 36 Months?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I live in Central Kentucky. The thought of this happening really freaks me out. There is no way anyone here is prepared for it. I can see thousands of people- like katrina- wading through floodwaters with a dazed look on their face waiting for FEMA to come and "rescue them". Its hard to know what to do. If it floods - what option is there? I cant move, husbands company is here. So- hopefully things will work out- and the New Madrid wont go off. And here I thought I was safe from the coastal flooding of the pole shift ;p Jeez
edit on 24-1-2011 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

You can rest assured that what ever FEMA is planning for that you and all your buddies are not invited.
Jamie Dimon, Lloyd Blankfein, Ben Benacke will be at the top of the list.

link   
I think the question should be...

Is it that they only expect 7 million people to survive TOTAL in the US?

(As in Edgar Cayce's predictions and many others...that this large quake would trigger all major faultlines including California's...killing most of the population.)

So the 7 Million are the survivors?

Or is the 7 Million the ones affected by the disaster?

I live in Los Angeles....not the best place to be if this goes down. Looks like Colorado, West Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, etc are the safe places. I wouldn't want to be near water on EITHER coast, or near the Madrid Fault Line.
edit on 24-1-2011 by JRockABM1 because: oops

link   
reply to post by JustinIowa

I think most people here absolutely value life...that's the reason we're here talking about things that could be perilous to it.

The poles are shifting, the Earth's magnetosphere is in jeapordy, there are major happenings in the solar system and the universe which are directly affecting Earth and could cause literal obliteration. Yellowstone is bulging, the bees are almost gone, birds are dropping from the sky, all the volcanoes, earthquakes, extreme weather, the recent floods in Australia, 800 dead from landslides in Brazil etc. are all causes for concern.

This is a conspiracy forum where most, rightly believe, they aren't being told the facts by corrupt governments, here we have the chance to share the information we have.

I thank the OP and others that bother to care for bringing these things to our attention.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Back in the mid 90's, they came out with reports that the new madrid was expected to go at any time, that was 16 years ago. They had alot of people scared and worried, then it all died down and went away. If new madrid goes off, I'm going to be suspicious.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I dont know for sure, but the MREs that we used to get issued, were enough protien etc to last a man one day.

it makes little sense to stock up rations which will not be used, or expire before use so the timing of the expirey may be simply because they will rotate the stock in and out as it becomes short of shelf life.
The recent activity at yellowstone, and pacific ocean vulcanism, and earthquakes,as well as accellerated small quakes elsewhere in the last few months,certainly may have built up a catalogue of events which the scientists can find usefull in building a pattern, and predicting future activity.
There may be some forewarning that we are not being privy to.
I sure intend to keep a sharp weather eye on whats going down in all the danger zones for a while.

If they just made 140 million extra MREs they would not go to waste.
Besides the military the forest service and BLM firefighters around the US use MREs in the fire-lines and even small volenteer fire departments get them when fighting major fire like we have in calif.
A have ate many MREs while working fires. Back when i was in the navy(1970-74) we had C-rations left over from the korean war. i will take MREs any day.

There is also Humanitarian daily rations (HDRs)that FEMA has used before and cost about 1/5 of the cost of MREs.
Nen.wikipedia.org...
Not as tasty but they will keep you stomach full

Both MREs and HDRs have a shelf life of 36 months at 80º but the government stores them at 40º and there shelf life is 60 months at that temperature.
And the government does rotate the stocks using the oldest first so they always have meals on-hand.

I would even eat the Humanitarian daily rations (HDRs)as long as i had some tabasco sauce.(i have a bottle in my BOB)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

It won't devastate all of those states.

We are looking at a triangle of Memphis, St. Louis and Indianapolis. (Based on fault line data)

Memphis metro: 1.2 million
St Louis metro: 2.8 million
Indianapolis metro: 1.7 million

Plus all of the towns in between.

Roughly 7 million.

140 million APack meals, is enough to support that area for roughly ten days.

The water preparations deal with the Mississippi River. The flow will most likely reverse temporarily in the event and significant flooding will also result in areas between Memphis and St Louis.
edit on 24/1/11 by MikeboydUS because: m

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Maybe FEMA is connected to the corrupt US politics of deception and is also connected to a company which will gain a lot of American tax payer money for producing millions of packaged meals.

Let's not forget, this type of corrupt US politics have been seen before, for example the airport scanners.

I truly feel sorry for Americans, in all honesty.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

In 1911, Rev. Frederick L. Odenbach of St. Ignatius College in Cleveland established the Jesuit Seismological Service. This network of stations reported earthquake data via postcard to the central office. In 1925, the Jesuit Seismological Association was formed during a meeting of Jesuit geophysicists at Loyola University of Chicago. The Association cooperated with other national and international organizations to report and study seismic activity throughout the world.

libraries.luc.edu...

Nicolas Steno (Danish: Niels Stensen; Latinized to Nicolaus Stenonis, Italian Niccolo' Stenone) (11 January 1638 – 25 November 1686) was a Danish pioneer in both anatomy and geology. Already in 1659 he decided not to accept anything simply written in a book, instead resolving to do research himself.[1] He is considered the father of geology and stratigraphy

en.wikipedia.org...

Steno changed his religious views to incorporate his inside information relating to his intense interest in Geology, where as it would fit in with not only his discoveries but also work well within a Biblical prophecy network.

Are the Jesuit Geologists of today able to control the geological integrity of fault lines in order to justify the end times and the fulfillment of the return of Christ?

If there is a plan to set off the fault lines could it be to usher in the final prophecies?
edit on 24-1-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar, thats also very interesting information.
Thanks!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I'm sure that someone's already mentioned this, but maybe some of the stock they bought three years ago is about to expire and they're just replacing it? Part of their mission is to be prepared and that includes making sure that food stocks are current and at certain levels at all times.
edit on 1/24/2011 by ~Lucidity because: typo

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Actually I think that is a very valid aspect of this, reassuring at that.

Although, do the blankets have a shelf life?
if you follow.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Well, just to play the devil's advocate, wouldn't people be complaining or suggesting conspiracy just the same if FEMA didn't do any training/planning with all that tax payer money? I'm sure they don't want to take # for another katrina or w/e else cause they were unprepared so it seems obvious they would do things like this. Are they supposed to sit there and twiddle their thumbs till something happens and then be unprepared for it? So no, I don't think its "strange".

Seems they can't win either way ey? Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
edit on 24-1-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
Back in the mid 90's, they came out with reports that the new madrid was expected to go at any time, that was 16 years ago. They had alot of people scared and worried, then it all died down and went away. If new madrid goes off, I'm going to be suspicious.

This was based on some ones prediction that a alignment of planets in our solar system could cause seismic activity here on Earth, I'm sorry that I don't remember who predicted this event that never was. The state of Missouri took it seriously, and according to a friend in the national guard the state bought at least 5 circus tents to house the expected 500k homeless,they also expected that 90% of bridges and overpasses would be destroyed.

If the New Madrid goes off whether naturally or man made, I will be among those affected as I live in a major city that is expected to be destroyed by such a event.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

What is really weird is most MRE's are good for 5-10 years if stored well.

Why would they reinvent the wheel?

Well, this is the federal govt we're talking about. Not exactly the top 5 of the class!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Good point, however, I think these meals are freeze dried, and freeze dried food can last a lot longer than 3 years I think?

Valid point none the less

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Have we shipped any blankets to help in places that are flooding or being affected by earthquakes that we need to replace? A possibility.

Also, I don't disagree that things like this can give us vital clues and we should keep an eye on them!
Just wanted to add that.

edit on 1/24/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Also a very good point about the blankets.

Very thought calming.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
the only reason i see ,.
is that they have to keep spendings at the same as last year inorder to get the same funds next years,
hence they buy all sorts of stuff no one really needs or has usage for ,

or they for see usage of them in that time, what if they are going camping ?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I try not to panic...99999 out of 100000 this stuff is benign. It's that 100000th time that makes it worth keeping an eye out for though.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join