It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Strange That FEMA Wants to Buy 140 Million Packaged Meals with a Shelf Life Only 36 Months?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

If you notice on the map it says Area of Damage.

This would mean any damage, busted water mains, downed power lines, etc.

The epicenter is still most likely going to be somewhere in between Memphis, St Louis and Indianapolis.

This is the 7 million that FEMA is worried about.

In the area around the epicenter, bridges and overpasses will be gone. No electricity or water. There will be pancaked buildings.

Current estimates are 86,000 killed or injured, 7 million homeless, and $300 billion in damages with St Louis and Memphis being the most affected.

You can read the reports below.
Impact of New Madrid Seismic Zone Earthquakes on the Central USA
www.ideals.illinois.edu...

I highly urge ATS members to read those reports and if they are in the potential quakezone to have at least 72 hours of emergency supplies.

If you need to know what to have in your emergency supply kit:
Recommended Items to Include in a Basic Emergency Supply Kit:
www.ready.gov...

www.in.gov...

www.fema.gov...

Here is a link to an Indiana flyer with basic impact info:
www.in.gov...

edit on 25/1/11 by MikeboydUS because: more

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Thank you so much for all the good info. I am not as worried now for myself, but have a lot of friends in Memphis.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been addressed, and I admit that I haven't read this thread past page 11, but further info coming from the person I am dating from FEMA who will be attending the NLE on the New Madrid Zone has informed me that it's not even an exercise in the New Madrid Zone, its in Jefferson City, Missouri, and once again it's a table exercise not real exercise. Still not sure if that makes a difference to some of you but let me assure you, he's "in the loop". And I am NOT a disinfo agent! You can see that based on my profile and the threads I participate in.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

Thanks Burn The Ships, for bringing this awareness ...cowgirl, ema and gov ppl....and everybody for such a great thread.
The guy who started all the commotion in 1989 was Dr. Iben Browning. I remember it well and every earthquake on the fault past above 4 0 in the last 40 years. Everytime it shakes awareness into me. Shakes us all back to reality . We are strong here in this part of America, we ALWAYS will be.We are good ppl here and it won't kill us all. In God We Trust.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

i hate to ruin everyone's day but the FEMA request was for INFORMATION, not supplies. FEMA is obviously running a simulation using the fault-line fracture as the fake "event". FEMA, as part of the simulation, is sourcing supplies and suppliers for the simulation's needs - in this simulation, 7 million. thats why they are doing the simulation - to answer the question: how will we feed/clothe 7 million in 24 hours? it has nothing to do with that area. but a large event IS being prepared for.

NO FOOD OR SUPPLIES WERE ORDERED.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I am thinking the Fuel and Food is for flooding in the area as each year, even with light snow fall they seem to flood in that part of the country.

Just saying, the spring thaw is coming very soon.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by urmenimu2

You need to read the request again. You are right that "they" are not placing an order. They want to know who can fill the order with-in a 24 hour notice...........

To get this information you would not have to put out an RFI

What raises concern is the urgency of this "Sources Sought" RFI

Posted Date January 20th .........Closing Date Feb 3rd.........Not much time for those potential vendors to allocate resources to reply to such RFI.

Typically the way the government works is that they would spend millions of tax payers dollars in a study to answer this question if its just a "Mock" or "Fake" scenario............

Just my 2 cents......

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Maybe the FEMA thing is related to what I found on this weird Templar website. Just take a look at the links. For example: there seems to be a plan / map talking about nuclear attacks and stuff. Weird #, check it out:

www.pccts.com...

Anybody??

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by antar

Antar, thats also very interesting information.
Thanks!

Yes it, its! Thanks Antar!

Interesting too (though meaningless, I'm sure). Not only is this year the 200th anniversary of the big New Madrid quakes, it's also the 100th anniversary of the establishment of the Seismological Service

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

Now, let's look at what also is happening at this moment, such as what others have posted here. Add that to the fact that D.C. is moving it's critical offices to Utah and Colorado (high elevation). So, whatever anyone thinks, we know that our government is preparing to feed somebody and are taking higher ground. The question is who and when

This I did not know. I live on the East Coast...not very far from DC actually. Where would one go for safety? I'm prepared to just "up and leave" with my family, but to "where"????

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

WHY WOULD THEY NEED TO SIMULATE ANYTHING? THERE ARE PLENTY OF NATURAL DISASTERS TOO CHOOSE FROM AT THE MOMENT. I SMELL COVERUP

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOjack033

It takes you to the NSA website on one of its links????

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by UFOjack033

It takes you to the NSA website on one of its links????

Clouds, does it? Not much there, only symbols that are links? To NSA?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Click on the right cross......it takes you here....www.nsa.gov...

Either a hoax site or glitch on the NSA's part.............hhhmmm....or cookie tracker for them

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I agree with the assumption that they'd be handed off to local charities and communities if they arent used. However, thats alot of moola.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

Click on the right cross......it takes you here....www.nsa.gov...

Either a hoax site or glitch on the NSA's part.............hhhmmm....or cookie tracker for them

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by makinit66

Now, let's look at what also is happening at this moment, such as what others have posted here. Add that to the fact that D.C. is moving it's critical offices to Utah and Colorado (high elevation). So, whatever anyone thinks, we know that our government is preparing to feed somebody and are taking higher ground. The question is who and when

What critical offices are being moved to Utah & Colorado?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by UtahRosebud

Originally posted by makinit66

What critical offices are being moved to Utah & Colorado?

Yes, I second that question. What critical offices are being moved?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by sjrily

Thank you for the information. I am a little concerned now because I live in southern Illinois. I usually disregard any doom and gloom information on the New Madrid Fault Zone. I thought I would click on your link. Now I kind of regret it....lol...

But in all seriousness when TPTB announce that they are doing test drills, I get alarmed. I guess I am going to have to monitor this situation so I can maybe have a jump on the impending doom. I do not want to be in some sort of "FEMA Camp," or I mean monitored trailer park.

Carbondale?

I used to live there in the 1983-6 years. my sister owned a typing business, "Wilson's typing service"!

I really enjoyed the Forest, I lived right next to it, Pomona.

Near the end of the years of living there I had an earthquake dream. locale was probably on the area of the Ohio or Mississippi river, probably right there as 'apples" were part of the dream.
there was a maybe Richter 7 earthquake. then next day I watched what looked to be a tidal wave take out a valley large town, I saw fire trucks, trying to put out a quake caused fire, swept away like bathtub toys, with a wall of muddy water.

At first I did not think that a tidal wave could happen that far far away from the sea.
But!
later I knew what i saw. within the 150 mile radius of Carbondale are about 30 to 60 dammed up lakes and reservoirs, some of these are nearly 20 miles long.

the dams fail!!
fail maybe days after a quake and indeed a wall of water sweeps down the valley, wiping the whole valley out!

Thus the quake is "nothing", the aftermath is total!

thus I caution you about, even within 20 miles of Carbondale, there are maybe five to six major dammed up lakes!
many with earth berms and built 20 to 40 years ago: who knows how they might hold up!!

freestone

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
may I ask a question that relates to the possible outcome of this thread .
If as some of you are saying and I agree it looks feasible , they use an event like this to bring about martial law, what about the rest of us ? What I mean is this event would solely affect America , so In essence you guys will be at war proper nwo ish , and in Uk well be free ? the nwo is about global domination so how are they going to bring the nwo to europe and elsewhere .
Im not bashing or doubting anyone im simply concerned and want to be prepared like you guys are .
Thanks for your time .

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join