It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Strange That FEMA Wants to Buy 140 Million Packaged Meals with a Shelf Life Only 36 Months?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CptObvious

maybe this is what they are preparing for:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

This link has a detailed report of what could be about to happen at Yellowstone...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by EHowardHuntClub
When I was in the Military, we received "C" rations with ten-year shelf-lives, except that they were 15 years old. They said although they were not tasty(and believe Me, they weren't!), but they were U.S. Army certified as edible. I know that MRE's generally have a ten-year window of consumablility, so if you think of a two-week durational catastrophical event, this would allow feeding for ten million victims for up to two weeks, with a ten-year storage outer duration of consumables. This is not unreasonable, but they need to work on 20 year MRE's and save a few bucks.

MREs are nothing like C Rations. C Rations were tin cans. MREs DO NOT have a ten year shelf life. The shelf life is dependant on storage temperature, as per the chart below:

MRE Storage Recommendations
Temperature (Fahrenheit) Months Storage
120°...............................................1
110°...............................................5
100°.............................................22
90°...............................................55
80°...............................................76
70°.............................................100
60°.............................................130

Complete and accurate info on MREs can be seen at:

beprepared.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by consciencious observer

First off thank you for coming out with what you think and feel about the future from your dreams, I do strongly believe that these dreams are ways to help people and not just doom and gloom to keep people amused and frightened.

I did not click the link at the bottom of your post yet, I wanted to reply first.

After reading this thread with my 15 yro the other night, what we planned was to have an update on our fireplan for the entire family and to also incorporate an EQ drill as well with escape routes and safe places to go in the event something really strong happens when NMZ goes off. To me that takes some of the fear factor out with just plain old practicality.

We also discussed how we need to update our bugout bags and medical supplies, we even looked once again at the FEMA website for helpful tips on preparedness to have the checklist ready for our drill.

We discussed how in my personal vision from several yaers ago I saw the great lakes opening and flooding the entire Midwest, the water course found it;s way to every lake, river and floodplain from north to south and we talked about having the boat at ready 'just in case' It would not be a bad idea to have thick bumpers put on it either...

I have to go for now, but we will talk again, I do believe you btw.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by consciencious observer

Ok, back again, I dont know why but I get the feeling you have some special insight to this situation other than from your dreams and visions. I also get that you may have some connections to people and or organizations that have helped you to keep a grounded sense about the future scenarios and your part in those situations when they come.

Alright, that's about it for now, if you want you can always u2u me in private to discuss what you know if you choose.

I have several people and animals dependent upon me for their survival so all the info I can get ahead of time will only serve to prepare me mentally, physically and spiritually.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

The thing is, after 911 the cat was out of the bag and we have seen 'operations' happening on several other occasions where they coincide with 'actual events', so go easy on the people who may think they need to up their preparedness and the first step to that is to be informed, prior to an actual disaster occurring.

I think when all of the alphabet soups make their provisional plans, they do it ahead of time so as to counter any mental or physical limitations ahead of the possible events so as to be centered and ready to step in and help the dis-informed and confused, injured when it does come down.

Practice makes perfect. We all want to survive and to be as informed ahead of time as we can be, that is why threads like these always garner tons of interest, we all sense it, but without validation we are just stumbling in the dark until something happens. For some that is the way they want it to be but for most of us here, we want to know as much as we can before hand.

Shock and awe was performed because when you take people by surprise, it takes them more time to adjust to the reality, when you know ahead of time and have done all you can to be ready, then it is just stepping into the responsibility God has placed on you.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Oh yeah and only 36 months? That's 3 years, it really is a suitable timeframe for such goods methinks.

Ah your typical level of contribution to a thread.

The part I disagree with is the 36 months. That's the equivalent of canned goods, MRE's have a shelf life of 15+ years and freeze dried food has a life of 35+ years. So it seems to me strange to by meals that have a much shorter shelf life than other methods. Yes cost is an issue but unless they know they are going to use them in the 36 month time frame then a longer shelf life would be more useful. Not saying they know of a disaster coming, but they may have enough history that they know they use X per month even when no major disasters happening, but the RFI doesn't seem to indicate that is the case, they are asking for a specific scale of incident.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Oh yeah and only 36 months? That's 3 years, it really is a suitable timeframe for such goods methinks.

Ah your typical level of contribution to a thread.

The part I disagree with is the 36 months. That's the equivalent of canned goods, MRE's have a shelf life of 15+ years and freeze dried food has a life of 35+ years. So it seems to me strange to by meals that have a much shorter shelf life than other methods. Yes cost is an issue but unless they know they are going to use them in the 36 month time frame then a longer shelf life would be more useful. Not saying they know of a disaster coming, but they may have enough history that they know they use X per month even when no major disasters happening, but the RFI doesn't seem to indicate that is the case, they are asking for a specific scale of incident.

Sorry, I find it discouraging that so much dis-info is foisted upon us here regarding critical emergency information. See my previous post. MREs have a shelf life of anywhere from 1 month to 130 months, depending on TEMPERATURE. What is described in this government doc referenced in this thresd is MREs. MREs are desired because unlike freeze-dried foods they require no water and are really MEALS READY TO EAT.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
There shouldn't be anything to fear. FEMA is merely attempting to look ahead, and plan ahead. Imagine how many people would cry foul if FEMA did NOT look and plan ahead should a disaster strike. It's actually quite heartening to see that they are looking ahead to potential disasters.

Further, procuring this amount of MREs ahead of time is insurance should the worst happen. There is nothing to say that these MREs can only be used for a New Madrid fault crisis. should a disaster befall any part of this country (or overseas), we have millions of MREs to ship to the needy.

My thoughts: Since when have they "prepared" for a major quake along a fault that has been virtually quiessent - why not the San Andreas Fault? It's MUCH more active. To demand food that will spoil in a couple of years to address problems foreseen on a quiet fault...

Seems extremely fishy to me.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I understand why FEMA would want to do a drill (after what happened with Katrina/ they want to show people they are preparing for another event), and maybe i'm wrong but shouldn't they already know of / have a place to get all the food rations that they would need? Why would they need to do a RFI for a drill? It seems they should already be able to get these supplies they would need in light of a real event.

Also, if it's just for a drill, why would they need to buy REAL food if just a drill? It seems like a waste. I'm sure they could use something else to simulate rationing food out to survivors.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It seems that "they" have inadvertently released a puzzle piece that we here at ATS have picked up on (thanks OP). In the past, before the internet was so prolific, this puzzle piece might have been noticed by a small click of "conspiracy theorists." Even in 2001, before 9-11, the internet was not so prolific. Heck, eBay was new to me, as was Amazon.com. Now, with the internet literally *everywhere* and the decent amount of legitimacy ATS brings to the table, word spreads more quickly than "they" can control. Thus, such a nugget is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden.

Granted, emergency rations with a 3-year shelf life can be used around the world... BUT... This RFI (request for information) is a red flag of sorts because the government does not make such requests without having some desire to procure. This is the first step in the "red tape" of big government. However, one would imagine that the government would have made such a request via the black ops budget or in a more secretive manner. That being said, maybe they thought that this would quietly slide by.... Maybe they underestimated the VIGILANCE displayed by members of ATS who have beccome a kind of *watch dog* that the press has backed away from.

If so, then this could be something that warns us to be on the look-out for MORE strange requests (although now I bet they are going through more discreet channels). So, what should we be on the look-out for? Possibly chemtrail spraying in the mid-west, centered over the New Madrid fault area. Look to the skies for strange lights. If an earthquake happens, you'll know that, but the press may not report it outside of the affected area. I lived in Blytheville, Arkansas for about 4.5 years, and experienced my first and only earthquake there. The paintings on the walls shook and we all thought that it was a low-level B-52 flying over us or something. It turned out to be an earthquake, a minor one. Even a minor one illustrates that terra firma is not so "firma."

So, be on the lookout for anything out of the ordinary, even in surrounding regions. Maybe there are some now FEMA detention camps? Does anyone know of the nearest FEMA camps in regards to the New Madrid (Mississippi River) area?

Another thing to be on the lookout for are MILITARY EXERCISES. Heck, civilian/government ones too, like the ones that foreshadowed 9-11. I mean, C'MON, having a military exercise about hijacked planes on the SAME DAY PLANES ARE BEING HIJACKED? That **screams** fowl play and pre-coordination. Anyone ignoring that FACT should go play the lottery with those impossible odds in mind. So, be on the lookout for anything unusual. I hope this is all just hype.

Hype could be what TPTB (The Powers That Be) might want to be generating, after all. They might be sitting back, reading all these posts, sipping their aspartame-laced diet sodas and laughing at all the EXCITEMENT they created by putting through an order for 140 million pre-packaged meals...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I am with FEMA...and they just dumped a ton (not literally) of MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat) at our Emergency Management Office in Southeastern Michigan. We had to find room elsewhere.
Blankets, food, 1st aid kits...they send them with no explanation and whenever. Hey. It makes us wonder too.....

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
It seems that "they" have inadvertently released a puzzle piece that we here at ATS have picked up on (thanks OP). In the past, before the internet was so prolific, this puzzle piece might have been noticed by a small click of "conspiracy theorists." Even in 2001, before 9-11, the internet was not so prolific. Heck, eBay was new to me, as was Amazon.com. Now, with the internet literally *everywhere* and the decent amount of legitimacy ATS brings to the table, word spreads more quickly than "they" can control. Thus, such a nugget is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden.

Jay Rockefeller did say that the interweb is Their biggest threat. So I am sure you're correct.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The Government is also asking for 135,000 gallons of gasoline and 24,000 gallions of disel fuel for each these states: NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS and TX. The Government wants this fuel , on a 24 hour notice. The original post about the food, stated it was for a disaster of the New Madrid Fault. [ nothing about Yellowstone was mentioned.] This notice for fuel is in all the states surounding MO, AR, TN.

Here is the Gov. Link:

www.fbo.gov...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Here again is the original posting from the Gov. request for the 140 million meals,

www.fbo.gov...

supply for meals in support of disaster relief efforts based on a catastrophic disaster event within the New Madrid Fault System for a survivor population of 7M

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I still don't get why people act all weird just because the government orders emergency food and fuel??? Every government has those emergency rations and fuel!! In my country they have to restock every 10yrs, and for the past 60+ years it's never been used...them ordering is a PRECAUTION and if you believe they do it because they KNOW something will happen you're a bit paranoid imo.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Here Is the site of FEMA BLOG, discussing a 7.0 mag quake in the New Madrid.

"As the graphic above shows, an major earthquake in the New Madrid zone (of magnitude 6.0 or more) would severely affect Arkansas, Tennessee, Missouri, Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio. Several other states would be affected, ranging from Minnesota to Florida." quote from FEMA site

Here is a link to it

blog.fema.gov...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

yes and if you do the math that is 7 million feed 2 times a day =14 million times that for 10 days = 140 million =not enough food.

edit on 25-1-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Someone mentioned the quake in St.louis mo in the late 80's early 90's. I recall when that happened. I was in ST.L on a business trip with the hubby and it was a snap and roll.. it was NOTHING. Certainly NOT a big one. We had a larger one here in Illinois year before last.. with several aftershocks. We'd know when the aftershocks were coming because the dogs would crowd around the kids and my American Bulldog would stare at me like she was saying WTF...

The New Madrid is ready to go. It has been for a while and everyone knows certain very populated areas will be almost 100% destroyed and areas will be essentially cut off for aid, medical and food. Where I am Im a first responder only due to my previous career. I also life very close to a mil base now and I guess we will see what happens. I do know this... given the areas surrounding me and many areas in STL youll be begging for martial law. If the murder capital STL/East St.Louis suffers a catastrophe, these animals out here will definitely take advantage of it. Youll also be happy with the dreaded fema camps. WHen the infrastructure is totaled and fires, etc are out of control you can not stay in that area. ST.Louis is a loss if or when this hits.. and thats a hell of a lot of people who are displaced. Ive seen the possible scenarios and projections. Its a mess. The epicenter ( at least where they believe the epicenter will be) is pretty far from STL but its the geography that makes the area so very dangerous if a decent sized quake hits.

The reason I center on St.Louis alone in the post and not the other people who will be effected is because we have several sensitive military things which are located in STL its a main hub of travel ( though the super highway goes to Kansas City.. for a reason) and the geography of ST.Louis is asking for trouble. Much of the sensitive ops located in ST.L ( mapping and planning, records, etc) have been transfered to Scott AFB, but not all. Mil involvement will be heavy and necessary.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Now thats interesting. Do they do this often, have they done this
before during your stay with them?
edit on 25-1-2011 by burntheships because: format

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Yes they do. With no real explanation. We take it as handouts. Gratefully too...."Here ya go"...and we too think....What the hell...?"Whats even scarier...is that what they do send...isnt even enough for the team itself.

PS. The Metro Detroit area has trailers standing by at a central location...just a few....not anywhere near what is needed in case of.....

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join