It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Strange That FEMA Wants to Buy 140 Million Packaged Meals with a Shelf Life Only 36 Months?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The new madrid staged earthquake event possibly?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

edit on 24-1-2011 by RadioKnecht because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

I hear you, thank you for the links.

It does appear they are preparing for something.
A real event, which just to look at the other side of the coin is the "job" of FEMA.

I picked this up from Crytogon.com, and honestly did not realize the RFI also were
out there for water, and blankets. Even so, I think calm is best, and keep an eye out.

There is plenty of time in any case.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by boondock-saint

You might wanna read this. Don't believe him? Request the information yourself, you can do so as per freedom of information act

the link u posted only states that FEMA did NOT have knowledge
of the 9/11 attacks. But nowhere in it does it say they were
not in New York on Sept. 10, 2001 which is what I was stating.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

You might wanna read this. Don't believe him? Request the information yourself, you can do so as per freedom of information act

Thanks for that great link.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestlessNRG
Perhaps this has something to do with news regarding Yellowstone, scaremongering perhaps but maybe they know more than they are letting on....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Could you post that in breaking news? Thats a good one.
Really scary title and all....

Frustration is there are very few scientists opinions our there right now on it, I am seeing a lot of
emotion among the people since the bird and fish dye offs. Newspapers could try to capitalize on
just that alone, add in Yellowstone, and there she blows.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
PLEASE.....READ THIS, YES, I AM SCREAMING NO ONE IS READING MY POSTS. THE OFFICAL FEDERAL WEBSITE ABOUT THESE MEALS, STATE FOR NEW MADRID DISASTER. NOTHING ABOUT A "DRILL" OR "YELLOWSTON PARK." FEDS. POSTED THIS ON GOV. SITE JAN. 20 THEIR DEAD LINE IS FOR JAN. 26, 2011 AND QUESTIONS NO LATER THAN FEB, 3, 2011. "NOT A DRILL" "NOT YELLOWSTONE" YES. FOR NEW MADRID FAULT "ONLY'. I LIVE IN ARKANSAS.
GOVERNMENT LINK AND QUOTES
[url=https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=eaea338540a0aea155a48a650a077352&tab=core&_cview=0]

supply for meals in support of disaster relief efforts based on a catastrophic disaster event within the New Madrid Fault System for a survivor population of 7M to be utilized for the

Very possible this is in conjunction with the Great Central Shake Out on Apr. 2011. If they identify a supplier, they can be tested during the drill. I know the RFI doesn't SAY drill, but it is a possible explanation.

www.shakeout.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RestlessNRG

If this was about Yellowstone, they would need a heck of alot more than 140 million meals.

Yellowstone is a game ender. If it goes off we will have a global Malthusian collapse.

The 7 million number is consistent with the triangle of cities, expected to be affected by a New Madrid quake.

People should be glad that FEMA is at least trying to do their job. A New Madrid quake will be catastrophic and could flatten St Louis, Memphis or Indianapolis. Its better to be ready for it.

To fail to prepare is to prepare for failure.

edit on 24/1/11 by MikeboydUS because: n

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Only my second post on here...but just finding it really freaky that fema picked may 2011...and on the internet I keep reading that according to the bible and what people have worked out that the world is going to end may 2011..is this just all coincidence................

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

OH, THANK YOU ; THANK YOU ! IT HAS TO DO WITH THE NEW MADRID. MANY OF US HERE IN ARKANSAS HAVE BEEN PREPARING FOR THIS SINCE NOVEMBER. FEMA AND HOMELAND SECURITY ARE PURCHASING THESE MEALS AND WANT THEM READY BY JAN 26TH 2011. I KEEP TRYING TO POST THE GOVERNMENT SITE BUT HAVE TROUBLE GETTING IT POSTED. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY "DRILL" OR "YELLOWSTONE PARK" ONLY THE NEW MADRID FAULT, I KNOW THAT I AM NEW ON ATS, BUT FOR WE PEOPLE IN ARKANSAS IT IS REAL. OVER 600 QUAKES IN ARKANSAS ALONE. THE MOST IN ONE YEAR BEFORE THIS WAS 175. ALL THE ANIMALS ARE GONE, YARD FULL OF ACORNS, BIRD SEED, DEER CORN, BUT NO ANIMALS SINCE SEPT.. PLUS IF THE MADRID DOES A BIGGIE !! THEN MARSHALL LAW FOR ABOUT 8 BIBLE BELT STATES AND GUN CONFISCATION. THE GOV. EITHER KNOWS SOMETHING IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN OR THEY KNOW IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. JUST GO TO URBANSUVIVAL.COM THE LINK TO GOV. SITE IS THE FIRST ONE ON THE SUBJECT OF MEALS.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jameshawkings
Remember FEMA arrived in New York the evening BEFORE 9/11

This has been debunked as a rumour AGES ago...nice try though

transcript from 9/11 Commission Report.
From Rudy Gulianni

Did Rudy say something wrong?

"... the reason Pier 92 was selected as a command center was because on the next day, on September 12, Pier 92 was going to have a drill, it had hundreds of people here, from FEMA, from the Federal Government, from the State, from the State Emergency Management Office, and they were getting ready for a drill for biochemical attack. So that was gonna be the place they were going to have the drill. The equipment was already there, so we were able to establish a command center there, within three days, that was two and a half to three times bigger than the command center that we had lost at 7 World Trade Center. And it was from there that the rest of the search and rescue effort was completed."

whatreallyhappened.com...

The reason FEMA was in New York on Sept. 10, 2001
was to commence Project TRIPOD.

So FEMA lied when they said they found no documentation
to support FEMA being in NY before 9/11 in that FOIA request.

link   

Coolottie thank you for the first hand information.
I understand your concern, and especially what you are saying about the animals.

Also, there have been many people concerned since the Arkansas bird deaths linking that
to the Fault Zone. Here, I found an article for you with an Illinois resident stating the same concerns.
www.associatedcontent.com...

Is there a FEMA presence or agency in your area that is keeping your state up to date on the earthquakes?

link   

I can feel your frustration as you are living this right now. Your account of the animals and the increase in earthquakes is evidence enough for me. Please be safe and get out of the danger zone? I will pray for you all tonight...God Bless

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

the link u posted only states that FEMA did NOT have knowledge
of the 9/11 attacks. But nowhere in it does it say they were
not in New York on Sept. 10, 2001 which is what I was stating.

You do realize they have an office in NYC...so yeah, of course some were there

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

They don't want them ready by Jan26th!! It's an RFI for crying out loud, the 26th is the deadline for the RFI, nothing more. You do realize it'll take a lot longer to fullfil those orders, right?

Also, caps lock isn't cruise control for cool

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Coolottie,

Also, I searched using the date ending before New Years, 2011. If you dont search leaving that date out, you have to search through thousands of posts about the Dead Birds etc.

I found this article for you, and I hope it helps.

This map is with the article.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b253cb4fda13.jpg[/atsimg]

Odd Earthquakes Not Letting Up In Central Arkansas

Central Arkansas has been hit with a series of earthquakes recently, more than 500 since September 20.

According to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), most were hardly noticeable but one stood out prominently when it hit the Richter scale at a 4.0 on October 11.

Geologists can't say whether the quakes will end anytime soon.

Dr. Horton of the University of Memphis feels that the ample amount of earthquakes in this state is quite unusual.

"In the New Madrid Seismic Zone there's approximately 200 per year, so if we had that many in Central Arkansas in less than a month, something is going on," Dr. Horton told CNN's Sarah Hoye.

www.redorbit.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I think I need to scream this too..as it is getting missed. THIS IS NOT A PURCHASE ORDER, IT IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) for bids. There is nothing to confirm they are actually making a purchase. THEY AREN'T ACTUALLY BUYING THESE MEALS, THEY ARE TRYING TO SEE WHO CAN SUPPLY THEM AND AT WHAT COST.

no need for shouting

I completely understand what
you said and ur right. This is a RFI.

However, do folks go out and get
a price on a gall bladder operation
if they do not NEED gall bladder
surgery ???

A Planned Operation touts budget concerns by bids?
Whereas an actual emergency does not.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

You do realize they have an office in NYC...so yeah, of course some were there

but they do not have a command post on Pier 92
which is what happened prior to 9/11.
Why is there a need for a command post
on Pier 92 if there was not an exercise planned?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Also, here are some other articles I had not seen before, about the New Madrid Fault Zone.

Study Changes Picture of U.S. Quake Hazards

www.insurancejournal.com...

Study paints grim picture of New Madrid quake
www.stltoday.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sjrily

Hope this isn't like the exercise they were having the day the Twin Towers came down!!

just sayin..

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join