It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Strange That FEMA Wants to Buy 140 Million Packaged Meals with a Shelf Life Only 36 Months?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Is It Strange That FEMA Wants to Buy 140 Million Packaged Meals?

FEMA specifies in this recently posted RFI that they seek these sources for a "catastrophic disaster event in the New Madrid Fault System for a survivor population "

Posted On January 20th 2011 as an RFI for Pre-Packaged Commercial Meals.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) procures and stores pre-packaged commercial meals to support readiness capability for immediate distribution to disaster survivors routinely. The purpose of this Request for Information is to identify sources of supply for meals in support of disaster relief efforts based on a catastrophic disaster event within the New Madrid Fault System for a survivor population of 7M to be utilized for the sustainment of life during a 10-day period of operations. FEMA is considering the following specifications (14M meals per day):
www.fbo.gov...

cryptogon.com...

In light of all of the recent threads here on ATS about activity in the New Madrid Fault Zone,
there is other information to be peiced into this, will add sources as I locate them
feel free to do the same.

Cracking an eggshell

All fear mongering aside, maybe it makes complete sense.

In any case that is alot of meals. Do the math...

Discuss....

edit on 23-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

+44 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
by saying "routinely" it seems likely to me this is normal, and what they probably do with the unused stuff is donate or feed the hungry (or since it IS the us govt, probably throw it away or donate to another country)

Im really growing tired of all the threads suggesting doom on this website, do any of you appreciate life, and the ability you have to live it right now?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
There was a thread earlier about FEMA buying 14 million blankets with the same statement about the 7million over a 10 day period.

It seems to be related.

They want water too?
edit on 23-1-2011 by daryllyn because: Because I like it.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
VERY interesting...

FEMA "will simulate the catastrophic nature of a major earthquake in the central United States region of the New Madrid Seismic Zone" in May 2011.

FEMA National Level Exercise 2011

National Level Exercise NLE 2011 Private Sector Participation

I'm going to read your links now...

link   
Heres another related article from FEMA for order specifications for a supply for hydration in support of disaster relief efforts based on a catastrophic disaster event within the New Madrid Fault System for a survivor population of 7M to be utilized for the sustainment of life during a 10-day period of operations.

www.fbo.gov...

edit- ^^this is the same link as daryllyn
edit on 1/23/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Found the thread on the blankets. Somehow I missed that.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hummm.....

I know that they are doing an exercise starting in May...but goodness sakes,
are they really going to use all of this stuff just for an "exercise"?

140 million meals?

This exercise will focus on a New Madrid Fault earthquake event and will involve eight states and multiple agencies.

www.af.mil...

edit on 23-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
scare tactics for people like us??
if TPTB were really planning something like this I personally don't think they would be posting articles about it everywhere..
but I admit it is a bit eerie..
I'm not sure.
oppinions??

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

It seems like an awful lot of money to spend on just an "exercise". Like another person said, I agree that if they were really planning something detrimental, they probably wouldn't broadcast it over the internet. But it still seems very suspicious. The numbers are very specific. I was surprised to see that they have their purchases listed for the public to peruse. Very interesting.

I would like to look into it further before I decide what I think.

More links, anyone?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
burntheships, I know you saw the first video about HAARP and the animal deaths, (becuase you posted it) but did you see the second, and especially the third?

I posted links in the thread Strange Radar Images over Area of Arkansas Bird Die Offs, is This Evidence of HAARP?, but I'll quote te post here for the sake of other readers:

Originally posted by sjrily
burntheships started a thread New Madrid Quake Zone; Arkansas, Louisiana, Kentucky Triangulation (may be the one hp1229 was referencing). Direct links to this and subsequent videos are: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3. These three videos total about two hours, but there is a lot of interesting material there. Not sure what I think, or make, of all of it; how feasible this is; or even how credible all the materials are - but it's definitely worth a look. (Some of the assumptions or conclusions might be questionable, but the referenced materials seem to check out.)

I noticed a possible correlation between the direction of the "bloom" in the radar spikey posted and the line moving through the digisonde antennas and the "kill zones." You can see the lines in the first video and about 10 minutes into the Part 3 video (Interview with Ginny).

I have NO idea how all this electromagmojo works, but maybe those with more knowledge about this can comment on whether or not this could be relevant.

And they want blankets and other survival items too? Are they preparing for an "opps?"

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
It could be for all the flood victims but I dont trust anything FEMA does.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sjrily

I have not seen the other parts of the vids.
Thanks for posting!

Aside from the HAARP angle, which I dont want to bring into this, I thought
the first one had a lot of information in it.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
IMO they have an excess of tax payer dollars they need to dump, and quick in order to get more funds they can squander. The Gooberment has a nasty habit of spending the money they don't need to justify keeping the tax rates up. I guess they look at it like kind of an insurance policy. If they do not use the money......they just might have to give some back..... oh my....that will never do.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sjrily

Why have the links in your threads first post disappeared?
I always find that suspicious.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Heh, why is it that we would be suspicious of FEMA?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by wonderworld

Heh, why is it that we would be suspicious of FEMA?

I'm a fast happy clicker today ships and didnt see it was your thread. Hmmm, let me think of the many reasons we feel this way about FEMA.
Those coffins and railroads for one barbed wire, on and on.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sjrily

Thank you for the information. I am a little concerned now because I live in southern Illinois. I usually disregard any doom and gloom information on the New Madrid Fault Zone. I thought I would click on your link. Now I kind of regret it....lol...

But in all seriousness when TPTB announce that they are doing test drills, I get alarmed. I guess I am going to have to monitor this situation so I can maybe have a jump on the impending doom. I do not want to be in some sort of "FEMA Camp," or I mean monitored trailer park.

+62 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JustinIowa

Im really growing tired of all the threads suggesting doom on this website, do any of you appreciate life, and the ability you have to live it right now?

Gee, and you only joined yesterday.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by JustinIowa

Gee, and you only joined yesterday.

Star for you, Sorry for the one liner and off topic, but lmao.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
As has been discussed in similar mass planning threads, FEMA finds itself in a "darned if they do, darned if they don't" scenario. If they do buy all of these supplies and spend money on practicing how to handle such a catastrophe then there are people screaming at the tops of their lungs about wasted money and poor allocation of already limited resources. But if they sit on their behinds twiddling their thumbs like they did during Katrina, then people get upset because no planning ahead or strategy was in place.

It really is only a matter of time before the next "big thing." Especially at the rate the human race is constantly expanding in size (numbers). The more people there are, the bigger the loss of life, damage, etc.

As far as the shelf life? 36 months AKA 3 entire years is a long time. As much as research has begun to tell us preservatives are not the greatest things to ingest, I think that 3 years is plenty time of shelf life. Maybe we could start freaking out if there were giant underground cities with large scale ecosystems in place to nourish us during such an event where 3 years is not enough time (some here on ATS would have you believe such nonsense).

Until then, lets enjoy life and the fact that this training exercise will go smoothly and we won't have to deal with this disaster at least in the short term.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SneakySleuth911

For sure, they are damned if the they do, and damned if they dont.
Maybe they need to get a spiffy new PR campaign going?

In any case, If I lived in the area....like lj01 said .....
better to be prepared as in all honesty a FEMA camp or...uh...ere a tralier park scenario is
very undesireable.

I think my speculation is to the end that perhaps FEMA does know something about the Fault Zone,
and they are keeping it mumm?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join