It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof God intended us to be Psychic, especially in the end times.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I just wanted to share this, this is acts 2:17-19

"I guess the inquisition got it wrong to burn the witches"

17 “‘In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.
18 Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.
19 I will show wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.

Thanks,

-Matt

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
IMHO,, right on the money Matt. That word of knowledge gift is rarely discussed in depth, and that very interesting word of wisdom has little air time.Would be fun to intelligently get into that stuff some time, bUt this might be the wrong place.kudos.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
You say they got it wrong...
But wouldnt burning someone incur blood, fire, and billows of smoke?

Of course I jest.
Interesting as I have experienced visions of the future in my dreams and my grandfather has had weird dreams lately as well.
I take everything with a grain of salt though.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by matthewgraybeal

I saw "proof" in the thread.....I'm still waiting.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Unfortunately, that's not speaking of our times, today. That was Peter quoting the Prophet Joel and saying it was being fulfilled THEN, in Peter's time. Read all of Acts 2 in context (I do mean all of it). The pouring of the spirit was fulfilled at Pentecost (Acts 2:1-4), and the gifts (prophesying, etc.) was also fulfilled at Pentecost (and in the years immediately following).
And, before anyone says that "the last days" refers to our time, consider this:

Hebrews 1:1-2
In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

The "last days" began when Christ came the first time.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Yet The gift of prophecy is undeniably here.

Contextual basis is great and all but the bible needs to be applicable to today as well.

CLPrime your thoroughness is appreciated though.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

Not everyone knows how to interpret the pouring out of gods spirit, many of us are just too distracted by our gadgets, media, and need to be socially acceptable.

Thank you for Contributing DisturbedToo.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Let's not mix up the gift of prophecy with the five fold governmental office of a prophet. I have also witnessed thousands of prophetic words that are meant to stir-up,build-up,and cheer up His people.not predict world events, that not what the "gift " is intended for.much more to explain on the subject.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by matthewgraybeal
19 I will show wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.

And here I've been so worried about quitting smoking!

Seriously, in all truth that sounds like 9/11..

Which, being part of a big lie, cannot be from God, so strike that idea.

edit on 23-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Xzorter

Feel free to add more Xzorter.

This topic is open to all to interpret as they see fit, this group of passages are chilling to me and truly feel are relevent to christian and pagan alike. We as a race have the gifts the bible talks about.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TasteTheTruth
You say they got it wrong...
But wouldnt burning someone incur blood, fire, and billows of smoke?

Of course I jest.
Interesting as I have experienced visions of the future in my dreams and my grandfather has had weird dreams lately as well.
I take everything with a grain of salt though.

You are the salt of the earth, but if salt loses it's saltiness, it's good for nothing. Therefore be either hold or cold never lukewarm, and say yes, when you mean yes and no when you mean no, anything else is from the evil one (who divides and separates by dumbing down into confusion and a low order of freedom).

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

D
Its rare to see someone who actually understands The Word. Not just the misquoted Jeremiah stuff. When I read peoples quotes.of NT and thoughts regarding Christianity but are naive or ignorant I feel like most or these guys when the Constitution is misquoted or interpreted to suit ones own needs. Many don't understand how satanic it is to twist The Word to suit one's own needs. It is equivalent to televangelists or even better instances where we have recorded satan twisting the word and. Michael saying, the Lord will rebuke you which to me is the same as saying the very Word which you just twisted will rebuke you. It is safe to say when you dont understand something as seriois as that leave it alone unless its a discussion. If it is an attack beware of the words you sow and how you sow them, sometimes you reap a whilwind. Nice to see your reply.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
Unfortunately, that's not speaking of our times, today. That was Peter quoting the Prophet Joel and saying it was being fulfilled THEN, in Peter's time. Read all of Acts 2 in context (I do mean all of it). The pouring of the spirit was fulfilled at Pentecost (Acts 2:1-4), and the gifts (prophesying, etc.) was also fulfilled at Pentecost (and in the years immediately following).
And, before anyone says that "the last days" refers to our time, consider this:

Hebrews 1:1-2
In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

The "last days" began when Christ came the first time.

Yes. And he's the alpha and omega of Revelations already, since that's all-inclusive and enveloping.

Maybe we're just catching up to the truth about the thing itself, and then, fully understood of fully grokked, does it "come again" from everywhere and all directions, with no one being able to point in any one direction and exclaim "there, there he is" or "I am he", it does not and cannot work that way.

I'm with you. The original great work is ALREADY complete, in fullness and entirety, and so it might be profitable then to move to the end of the Book of Revelations and see what's there, what wonder and awe in eternity here and now at the end of time, in understanding and recognition.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I didn't really, think of 9-11 when I was posting. I was thinking more of ecological changes.

Again Im no expert, but i do my best within the limits i was blessed with to try not to screw up too much in the eyes of god.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
There is another mention...

2 Peter 1:21

For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

If you are a believer that God's Word is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow then prophesies and psychics would still exist today.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Psychic in the end times. IMHO the gifts will be used by the believer to avoid and stay out of danger and death.The word of knowledge for instance can steer us away from danger and discerning of spirits can help to avoid certain people with un holy motives, and the gift of prophecy will encourage the people to stay strong and positive.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The CREATOR (GOD of ALL) DID create nature. Animals and insects within nature carry abilities to sense danger or celestial interactions, weather ect. Original human or mammal had same abilities/powers. Abilities may have been enhanced from genetic modification of original mammal/ancient human from E.T good/Alien bad(Fathers).

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Sirjunlegun and NewAgeMan, I have to agree with you...it is rare to see someone who actually understands Scripture and allows it to interpret itself. Too rare.

And, not only was Peter talking about his own time, but Paul also indicated that what started on Pentecost would end:

1 Corinthians 13:8-10
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

The last prophecy (at least, the last one we should be concerned with) is the Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show his servants what must soon take place (Revelation 1:1). This is the end of Scripture, and no prophecy since then should even be taken into consideration.

We can look around at all the visions being seen nowadays and we can easily say that these mean that God is still giving the gift of prophecy, but how many of these visions are actually to be trusted? How many come true? How many are accurate, and how many are ultimately wrong? Nothing from God is ever (EVER) wrong. So, how do we determine which of today's prophecies are truly from God, if, indeed, any are?
There are 2 ways to test a prophecy:

1) does it agree with known revelation?
and 2) is it ultimately fulfilled?

However, we can't know if a prophecy is going to be fulfilled before its time of fulfillment has actually come. This leaves the first test, but if we're testing all of modern prophecy by Scriptural prophecy, then the only modern prophecies we can believe in are those that agree with Scriptural prophecy. And, if that's the case, then the only prophecy we really need are those already revealed in Scripture.

So, it's pointless to listen to modern prophecy. Stick with Scripture.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
When Paul talked that prophecy would cease "when the perfect comes" that is true...but the we have not yet been perfected, so that argument (it seems to me is not accurate).The challenge with modern day prophecy is receiving it from a proven seasoned prophetic voice. Yes we need prophets in these times as well as Apostles, and the other three five fold offices.When Gods perfect Word is spoken through imperfect vessels there needs to be judging like Paul talked about in one Corinthians.mostly IMHO the "gift" is the part of prophecy we need more frequently and should not concern ourselves with other global "words". If and when God needs to tell us something, His followers will have little trouble hearing from Him personally.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Xzorter

That assumes that "perfection" is the perfecting of all things at His return. In fact, the word for "perfection" here is "teleios", which is also used in the following verses (among others):

Matthew 5:48
Be PERFECT, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Matthew 19:21
Jesus answered, "If you want to be PERFECT, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Hebrews 5:11-14
We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain because you are slow to learn. In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the MATURE, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

1 Corinthians 14:20
Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be ADULTS.

This word, "teleios", carries the meaning of "maturity". It is not used (when speaking of men and women) in reference to absolute, final perfection, but means spiritual maturity here on earth. Paul is telling the Corinthians that the gifts of prophecy, knowledge, and tongues would cease because they are gifts for the immature and are not needed when a Christian reaches spiritual maturity (the gifts are to teach and spread God's wisdom to those who need it...those who are mature in the Body of Christ don't need it).

When did the Church reach full maturity?
It reached it when John received the final revelation, and, to a more physical extent, when Rome was defeated in AD 476 and "the kingdom of the world [became] the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ" (Revelation 11:15). This wasn't some minor vision, it was the Revelation of Jesus Christ, and it contains imagery from all other major prophecies in Scripture. This is (or should be) the end of the "mystery". For those who understood it, it was the ultimate revelation, bringing the Church to its full maturity. Anything since then is beyond the scope of His revelation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join