It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello to all!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hello,
I have been lurking here for about 2 months now and just got the courage to register. I / we (wife) live on my sailboat currently off the texas coast and I have sailed around the world in a 3 year adventure starting in 1993.

John

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Wow, talk about living off the grid. Must be quite an adventure. Sounds like fun....mostly.

Welcome... what topics interest you the most?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself. Feel free to send me a U2U if you have any questions or concerns.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

Hey fellow Texan...
Welcome to ATS!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
welcome bud , living on the boat with the fam , traveling the world numerous times you say ? that sure would be one of my things i would defeintaly want . Sounds so peaceful but im sure has its ups and downs like everything lol

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

We have a few solar panels and a wind gen that seems to do the job. I met a man who m he has lived on an abandon oil rig for over 6 years. He has a garden on the helipad as well as a few fruit trees. He has a refrigerator, stove and satellite TV. Get this. He has chickens. Yes he really does! He comes inland to fill his gas bottles every month. Now that is off the grid.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Well, living with someone onboard a 40ft boat is not easy. I can tell you we work out our differences real fast! A few times she got the itch to move back inland. When she does this I just take her to the local mall on a weekend and the chaos changes her mind real fast.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Welcome. I am glad to join. now if we can just get a football team.

join