It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Uncovered Enron Doc's to be printed in Wash. Post. Scandal Ensues.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It has come to the attention of ATSNN that classified documents about the Enron scandal are to be printed in tomorrows Washington Post. These documents are expected to reveal Tom DeLay's redistricting efforts

Drudge
DeLay requested donation come from 'combination of corporate and personal money from Enron's executives,' with the understanding that it would be partly spent on "the redistricting effort in Texas," said the e-mail to Ken Lay... The e-mail, which surfaced in a subsequent federal probe of ENRON, is one of at least a dozen documents obtained by POST that show DeLay and his associates directed funds from corporations and Washington lobbyists to Republican campaign coffers... MORE...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The story will be run tomorrow as a WP Exclusive with much more content, it is expected that the revealed segments are acting merely as a teaser to a front page 3200 word article that will spill the beans on the acitivies of DeLay. and the involvement of "Kenny Boy" Ken Lay.

This involvement of House Majority Leader DeLay and the Enron scandal could further destabilise the Republican party in this vital election year. Furthermore, it has been revealed that the Republican party may have profited from Enron directly.

How deep does this rabbit hole go? Well I guess we'll just have to wait till tomorrow.

[edit on 11-7-2004 by Nerdling]

[edit on 11-7-2004 by Nerdling]

[edit on 7-13-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

How deep does this rabbit hole go?

Nice scoop Nerdling!

I've been asking the same question in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is anyone else thinking that the July 13 predictions fit in nicely? i.e. To sweep this story under the rug? Terror alerts go out every time this administration is in trouble. Example: around the same time as Kenny Boy's arrest.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Interesting! I'll be following this story....wonder if we'll get the truth?

Conspiracy!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Good work.

Nothing will be "the truth", but a mosaic is made from many pieces.

Respects,

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It is about time all this speculation become reality, I keep hearing about the scandals and liaisons but nothing concrete now, what better than our Washington post to print the truth, not wonder Bush is so desperate as to plan a way to stop elections, he must be really getting stress and some people under stress can be dangerous.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
It is about time all this speculation become reality, I keep hearing about the scandals and liaisons but nothing concrete now, what better than our Washington post to print the truth, not wonder Bush is so desperate as to plan a way to stop elections, he must be really getting stress and some people under stress can be dangerous.

We will have to see what will be brought up. But it is not as if democrats are exempt from scandals and manipulations.

Democrat Memogate: The Beginning of Political Scandal

As political scandals go, the case of the U.S. Senate Democrat memos is difficult to assess thoroughly, for the moment. The evidence is currently under lock and key by the Senate Sergeant-at-Arms. That evidence consists of some three to four thousand memos from or to Democrat members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, believed to detail collusion between Democrats and leftist groups to block confirmation of many of President Bush�s judicial nominees.

The tiny fraction of memos that have been released reveal a cynical, no-holds-barred manipulation of the process by leftist groups, which have amassed gigantic war chests for their efforts. The most egregious memo exposed thus far, written by a staffer to Senator Ted Kennedy, bluntly discusses an effort to affect the outcome of a then-pending case by delaying confirmation of an appeals court judge. The memo specifically recognizes the impropriety of delay for that purpose. Another memo attacks Miguel Estrada, who subsequently withdrew his nomination. His offenses: his career has left no paper trail to be picked apart; he�s Latino, and was thought being groomed for the Supreme Court.

Excerpted from.
Link

You wat to vote for a political party that is not involved in some form of scandal and manipulation? you won't find it.

[edit on 11-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This continues to confirm my suspicion that the republican party is being set up for a huge downfall with a bush assasination and an kerry victory. Obvisously the Bush administration is in HUGE trouble along with the rest of the republican party and with the talk of terror attacks and all... well it could be martial law really quick.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
i think it is bizzare how both cnn and aol are runnning stories about election "delay" due to terrrorism. now tom "delay" on front page in am.
think maybe we are being told something.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Democrat Memogate: The Beginning of Political Scandal

You wat to vote for a political party that is not involved in some form of scandal and manipulation? you won't find it.

I remember that old scandal. It went nowhere and Republicans screamed bloody murder when Dems pointed out they had broken in and illegally obtained those documents. I remember FOX NEWS pushing it now... it shouldn't matter how the Republicans came by that information.

MemoGate? More like WATERGATE.

So when nothing happened, they blamed "diversion tactics" of the Dems.

I certainly hope Republican Majority leader DeLay has a better "diversion tactic" than bringing up the nontroversy you just did to make this go away. No wait. I hope he doesn't.

This is pretty bad.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It would be great if you post the link to that info Rant.

Sorry to tell you my friend, this is what sucks in politics, either side will do pretty much almost anything to win.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Here is the Post article:www.washingtonpost.com...

Delay has already hired two criminal defense attorneys. Humm....

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
What you people is talking about? I love politics they are nasty, dirty and fun
It is great to see the to be leaders of this great nation exposing their dirty secrets, so far all bush appointees to the judicial area are nothing more than religious narrow minded women haters freaks, in my point of view this president is boarding on insanity when it comes to his Christian agenda pushing. If he wins the elections again he will be the new US pope ruler with a new inquisition, because god talks to him

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
It would be great if you post the link to that info Rant.

Are you asking why the scandal went away? The memo theft I was refering to? I thought that was pretty public at the time.

It's alluded to (without admitting Republican wrongdoing) in the link you posted..

When that first group of memos was made public, Democrats Ted Kennedy and Dick Durbin immediately went into full attack mode, successfully changing the subject from the content of the memos to how they were obtained. Great tactic; aggressively and loudly executed; amply supported by the Democrats� amen corner, including the editorial pages of The New York Times and Washington Post. Self-righteous hyperbole gushed, as is typical of a Kennedy/Durbin exercise. The perfidies of Hitler and Stalin were invoked; comparisons to Watergate were made; "criminal" acts were alleged.

There are much more indicting editorials I could link you too, but they're expectedly partisan. Here's the Fox News acknowledgement...

The Real Crime behind Memogate

Miranda says he didn't steal the memos, but saw them on an unsecured computer. The Justice Department will now investigate.

It has named the top federal prosecutor here in New York, David Kelley to conduct a criminal probe.

But of course being Fox, it then goes on to point out the "real crime" wasn't the theft, or cyber hack or whatever happened...but the contents of the Dem memo drafts.

Meaning you're right. Everything boils down to a mexican standoff at some point since dirt can always be answered with dirt.

df1

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
What you people is talking about? I love politics they are nasty, dirty and fun
It is great to see the to be leaders of this great nation exposing their dirty secrets, so far all bush appointees to the judicial area are nothing more than religious narrow minded women haters freaks, in my point of view this president is boarding on insanity when it comes to his Christian agenda pushing. If he wins the elections again he will be the new US pope ruler with a new inquisition, because god talks to him

It is quite scary having a president that talks to God, particularly an intolerant fundametalist christian God. It appears that he is more ayatollah bush than pope bush with all of the trappings of fundametalist islam. And he appears to be nearing a breaking point as more republican scandals emerge, making the fact that somebody like him has his finger on the nuclear button should cause grave concern even among his supporters. Unfortunately many that support bush seem to welcome the idea of hastening the christian end times and the return of jesus.

top topics

join