It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHy they never came out with ultima online 2.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

"They" thought pvp..Player vrs player like what UO had was antisocial.

Please soemone...I hate wold of war craft...

Bring it back to it's origins...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
OMG! I miss this game so badly! First online game that I ever played. I still think about it all the time!

I've never played WOW or any of the newer MMO's. Ultima Online will always be the best to me. It would be awesome to play it again.
edit on 23-1-2011 by Hektik1 because: Add to..

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Old school PVP is what it was about. Factions, and Guild Wars. Being red and hanging out in Felucca in Yew or Buccaneers Den. Ah good ole days. I don't remember it being anti social. It was quite social in my opinion. Always doing something with the Guild or Faction.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hektik1
OMG! I miss this game so badly! First online game that I ever played. I still think about it all the time!

I've never played WOW or any of the newer MMO's. Ultima Online will always be the best to me. It would be awesome to play it again.
edit on 23-1-2011 by Hektik1 because: Add to..

We should be able to have fun in online worlds!?

Why did they move this to video game its much ore than a video game. It's what we will use while traveling to other worlds. It should be in general conspiricies.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Too much griefing, trolls, and very little role playing.

It was pure anarchy. Sure its fun for some people, like criminals in real life.

It isn't fun for everyone else.

These games are only profitable when as many people as possible pays the monthly fees on them like WoW.
There are not enough griefers to sustain profitability.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Thing is though, it did something no other MMORPG has been able to do...a player based economy.
Besides, with a combination of PvP vs. non-PvP servers, the idea could really work. I actually remember being on the dev board for a new Ultima MMORPG, but not sure what ever came of it. (was years ago)...

I'd bet it'd work well in today's WoW environment...if it was done right. (customization level, houses, etc.)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Thing is though, it did something no other MMORPG has been able to do...a player based economy.
Besides, with a combination of PvP vs. non-PvP servers, the idea could really work. I actually remember being on the dev board for a new Ultima MMORPG, but not sure what ever came of it. (was years ago)...

I'd bet it'd work well in today's WoW environment...if it was done right. (customization level, houses, etc.)

Well... Eve online (sci-fi) has a full player run economy, but yes, nothing quite beats UO in terms of originality and god damn fun....

Oh i miss those days...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Man i loved UO, just the system itsself, i like not having levels, and skills isntead, and instead of you get X XP from doing X, the more you mined, the higher your skill went up, the more you tammed, the higher you skill went, character customization was practically unlimited.

Chesapeake FTW

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Yeah I remember playing this game, and it was my first online game as well. I went through a lot of servers but eventually moved to greaner pastures.

Tried Runescape but that was real chaos and was full of griefers.

Played AO (Anarchy Online) for about 3-4 years.

These days I play LOTRO which I still think it's a good game and have many good friends. That new game Rift seems to be a rip-off LOTRO, some reviews even say that they took entire dungeons where you find hobbits, and characters and places from LOTRO etc.

Every time a newer online mmorpg came out it seemed like the best to me.

I don't play these games as much as I used to as a teenager, which there are times that I miss.

*sigh* having no responsibilities except to get good grades in school, make my bed and play UO or AO...those were the days...

edit on 2-3-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Prior to WoW coming out, I actually ran a guild in EQ, but those were my single days..

No time to devote to this kind of game anymore. I'm lucky if I get a couple hours to game at any given time, so I now stick with games where I can accomplish something in those two hours.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If you liked uo with all the pvp, open looting you should check out darkfall online, it doesnt fit all the things but its the first mmo i have enjoyed as much as uo and i have tried alot, i love it

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
atlantic > yourface

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Terms777

UO became bad game when they introduced that crappy 3d i preferred it when it was only 2d

top topics

join