It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds come knocking for home inspections

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
A shower filter is necessary if you have city or municipal water to keep from absorbing chlorine through the skin.
A good reverse Osmosis filter can be had for a few hundred to filter out "legal levels" of contaminants along with our favorite and most widely used neurological poison - fluoride.

Good luck.

Yes indeed, our favorite. Well put.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofast

That's the part that is strange. They aren't looking for "bad" water (which one would think since they claim this is a drive by the EPA), they are looking for "clear water" - that means your gutters dumping rain water into the sewer system or sump pumps from basements pumping water into the sewer system.

Why do they care? Volume. Sewer systems are not Storm Collections systems. If hundreds or thousands of homes/business are dumping/pumping water from rain storms into the sewer system, then during a large "rain event" the sewer system can get hammered, clogged, and overflow (that's the part where the EPA comes in).

When the sewers overflow they can spill into ground water supplies, creeks, etc., and that's what the EPA doesn't like.

So to prevent that, it is actually illegal to connect "clear water" sources into the sewer system. They have a separate "Storm Water Collections" system to handle that stuff.

But here's the B.S.: they are saying EVERYONE will be considered violators UNLESS they can inspect your home and PROVE you are INNOCENT.

Like I said, they are walking a thin line there, legally, some could argue even crossed the line.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I think you just nutshelled that whole article, and gave your take on it. Well said sir.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

well, i'm no "sewerologist"
but here, i don't think it's done that way, but, i could be wrong. i think all of it just goes into one system, but then again, the city is only a few hundred thousand, so "overload" might not be a problem. but. i still fail to see exactly why they would think the water from you ran gutters, which is the same rain water landing on the ground, in ponds and resevoirs, is anymore dangerous than the water in the treatment facility. i mean, i understand the overload, flooded streets etc.

but.. being me.. they're looking for something more.. maybe wanting to actually test the water? i haven't read anything about any possible contaminates in the area, but if it was small, or swept under the carpet, then someone in mississippi wouldn't hear about something supposedly minuscule that happens in pennsylvania.

but then again, maybe it is on the up and up, flooding can lead to cracked pipes which can lead to contaminated drinking water.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Ef that!

I don't care who you are, or where you're from..
If I don't know you..
and you can't give me a good, logical reason for why you need to enter my home..
You are not going to enter it.

and this is not "logical",
or "legal".

as harry said..
I believe this is indeed
"crossing the line".

Sorry,
This is "my line", and you're not crossing it.
I promise.

GTFO and go do something that will actually help people. (besides yourselves)
Idiots.

edit on 25-1-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join