It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its Official Now: Radiation from Your Cell Phone May be Killing You

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The radio signal doesn't cause cancer cmon guys.

It's the battery pack that is the issue here.

The radiation to worry about is Thermal Radiation.

You don't need a report to figure this out, you just need common sense lol.

Seriously? You're talking about common sense?

Thermal Radiation huh... more commonly known as "heat"? You're telling me that I'm going to get a brain tumor from putting a gel heat pack on my neck at night? That I better stay out of the sauna and switch to cold showers? How have I been so lucky as to not have throat cancer I don't know, because I've been eating food with high amounts of Thermal Radiation for my entire life.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by withopeneyes

Honestly I'm getting impatient with this kind of dismissal. Fact is we've contaminated our world and yes, everything DOES cause cancer. Those who escape cancer end up with chronic debilitating diseases and eventually, dementia.

How 'bout we all just admit, out front, that we've made one royal mess of our environment in just about every way possible? ...and we're gonna pay.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

Thanks Shirak. Great info.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Hi Soficrow.
Good to make your aquaintance. I'm sorry you feel the way you do about my being dismissive of this, but that is how I feel. I take nothing away from your post, nor the passion you show towards the subject. Frankly, I don't post very often, but I read quite a bit here, and you seem to have some sort of a medical background. You know more than I, and I admit it freely. However I see quite often what was cancerous yesterday is safe today.

I still say that I don't put much credence in the conclusion scientists have come up with on this topic. No reflection on you.

I would hope that we can be debate buddies rather than foes.

edit on 7/2/2011 by withopeneyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I'm glad i use the Speaker Phone function on 100% of calls not made in a public place

i find the Speaker feature very good...as i can keep browsing the internet even as i speak...
i'm also very glad i'm not addicted to the phone, and have something like 13 hours of airtime
left on my monthly 1k minutes every month--- but other family members burn up 5k minutes
each and every month without fail, their brains gotta be getting fried real well

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I forgot to post this but as a someone who worked daily with this technology I feel I have more to add. The radiation specs have been approved. However if you read the fine print as far as they are operating within specs.
Ok consider this. Who has ever had a phone malfunction?
One of the major problems with Cell phones is that the PA or power amp malfunctions pumping out to much or to little rf.

When this happens the handset is not operating withing safe specifications. Usually the user will consider this a bad area.

The other thing is that a phone will pump out more radiation the farther from a tower you get so please consider this optimum radiation exposure time my fellow ATS community.

Consider this as fact water absorbs radiation this is why your head heats up and you can get bad reception while under eucalyptus trees or in a bessa block room.

While working on malfunctioning cell phones I have personally witnessed the insides of phones cooked around the rf components from excessive heat. The standard way to deal with these cases is for the warranty provider to have the phone shipped asap from the repair center and a new phone provided no questions asked no controversy.
I used to keep a file of models/manufacturers as the technology took off new models cam out I realized it was moving to fast to do a case study over time for any particular model. Please know this is not scare mongering this is first hand experience from someone who worked in the industry for many years. I hope this information helps in how you take precautions with your tech.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I heard an old episode of C2C AM a few years ago in which a Stanford University professor talked about scientific testing and study they had done in the field of Bioelectromagnetics .

Bioelectromagnetics is the study of how electromagnetic fields interact with and influence biological processes; almost the same as radiobiology of non-ionizing radiation.[citation needed] Common areas of investigation include the mechanism of animal migration and navigation using the geomagnetic field, studying the potential effects of man-made sources of electromagnetic fields, such as those produced by the power distribution system and mobile phones, and developing novel therapies to treat various conditions.

The term 'Bioelectromagnetics' is somewhat similar to bioelectromagnetism, which deals with the ability of living cells, tissues or organisms to produce electrical fields, but also includes "the response of excitable cells to electric and magnetic field stimulation".

What he stressed was the inconclusive nature of some of the results but he also talked about tests results that suggested long-term exposure to certain frequencies/wavelengths of electromagnetic fields can have a wide variety of negative effects on human physiology.

But he also stressed what little we know about bioelectromagnetics since it hasn't been studied enough.

He talked about how certain companies have a vested interest in assuring the public that electromagnetic fields are harmless to humans, which absolutely makes sense.

Think about it though. Let's say "Verizon", for example, hired an independent firm to study the potential negative health effects of long-term use of their products. That company has a vested interest in assuring us their products don't effect us negatively in any way. Thus, the potential at least exists that alot of these studies are completely falsified and/or swayed to reassure the public that everything's O.K..

If an independent study were to suggest otherwise, Verizon or AT&T could just point to the results of their own "independent" test results in an effort to dodge any kind of legal accountability.

A strong changing magnetic field can induce electrical currents in conductive tissue, such as the brain. Since the magnetic field will penetrate tissue, it can be generated outside of the head to induce currents within, hence Transcranial magnetic stimulation. These currents will depolarize neurons in a selected part of the brain, leading to changes in the patterns of neural activation. Essentially, the effect of TMS is to change the information content in the neurons. There is no structural or heating effect that may damage the tissue; only natural signals (action potentials) are generated in the target area. If there are any risks, these are due to the arrival of action potentials to synapses and the natural activation of the postsynaptic cell.

A number of scientists and clinicians are attempting to use TMS to replace electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) to treat disorders such as severe depression. Instead of one strong electric shock through the head as in ECT, a large number of relatively weak pulses are delivered in TMS treatment, typically at the rate of about 10 pulses per second.

If very strong pulses at a rapid rate are delivered to the brain, the induced currents can cause convulsions. Sometimes this is done deliberately in order to treat depression such as in ECT.

The human body acts as both a generator and a conductor of electricity. What some might call "mind control" is scientifically supported to the degree that behavioral changes can be induced externally if that external electromagnetic field (or fields) has the proper characteristics.

However, long term, negative health effects related to electromagnetic fields haven't really been studied enough to give us enough information one way or the other because, specifically, the field of bioelectromagnetics is a relatively new field of research and we know very little about what might harm us and what won't.

It certainly isn't reassuring to know that we are, essentially, the guinea pigs to our own technology.

Thus, the lack of conclusive data points to the real problem. It is now 2010 and we're using all of these different products all the time. Our bodies are being penetrated by electromagnetic fields of all kinds pretty much 24/7 and we have no idea what negative effects that might have on us? This begs the question: Why hasn't this been studied enough to give us some answers? Very few people are out there trying to give us the real answers and those people face a mountain of resistance.

-ChriS
edit on 7-2-2011 by BlasteR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak

Originally posted by soficrow

I knew that. But it's nice to have someone with a background in electrical engineering confirm it.

beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Confirmed My background is electrical engineering. In a study done by Griffith university Brisbane QLD Australia. They found what happens is that the radiation from cell phones causes a decrease in the cell membrane. This leads to intrusions by free radicals and carcinogens leading to increased susceptibility to cancer.
This was published in the lame stream paper and I cut it out because I was working in that industry at the time. If I can find the article I will scan it and post it here.

Another side effect we noticed was giddiness in the afternoons amongst all the workers and multiple cases of chronic fatigue including frequent sick days. (This is one perspective I wanted to share) Make up your own mind.

I did some research on a Gov website and found some more supporting evidence page 14 of a paper on
Electromagnetic field effects on cells of the immune system The role of calcium signalling
www.osti.gov... ge=0&osti_id=5261345&Row=0

The long and the short of it was that it was found that emf could be used to affect the function of the cell membrane of lymph cells which would in turn affect the immune system. As per my previous post we noticed abnormal amount of sick days in our workshop and chronic illnesses present in employees that lasted for weeks.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by withopeneyes

reply to post by St Udio

reply to post by Shirak

reply to post by BlasteR

Thanks all - and I'm so sorry - I forgot about this thread! withopeneyes - of course, friends! Shirak and BlastR - GREAT information. Thank you.

Please, check out this related thread, and contribute if you can:

Weird Health Problems Related to Geomagnetic Storms, Earthquakes? Watch Thread.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join