It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its Official Now: Radiation from Your Cell Phone May be Killing You

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

The heat from phones wouldn't do anything I wouldn't think. Even if it got hot enough to cause discomfort, that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to harm you.

The idea isn't that these problems will occur right now. The idea is that these slow, constant barrages of wifi/cell phone radiation could cause problems 10-20 years from now and beyond. Someone getting exposure at 15, 20 years old is going to be at greater risk than someone older for developing health problems.
edit on 24-1-2011 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

Yep. It's the long term effects.

Prof. Girish Kumar has a background in microwaves, towers and the bio-medical impacts of electro-magnetic radiation, and has published papers for respected international journals and conferences.

In case you missed it:

According to a paper published by Kumar, the short-term and long-term affects of radiation include memory loss, sleep disruption, headache, depression, irritability, ill-concentration, and appetite loss. “All are related to changes in electrical activity in the brain. The other effects include Alzheimer’s, Parkinson, DNA damage, irreversible infertility and prostate cancer.

Here's a vid of him speaking. I have a bit of trouble understanding, but you may not.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I guess i will live i dont own a cellphone never have..Im still in the darkages with the old landline ive never needed a cellphone ..

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Lol I really don't get you guys sometimes...

I mean if they deny cell phones cause cancer.. "COVER UP!!"

When they do admit they cause cancer... "FEAR MONGERING"

just cant win can you...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Thanks Sofi!!

I've been on the rampage about health affects from cell phone usage for years.

I don't give a phuck if we don't have a known mechanism yet to fully understand how supposedly non-ionizing radiation is detrimental to our well being. Common sense tells me this is real, and all the weedwackers in the world couldn't possibly convince me otherwise.

Don't put the cell phone in your pocket and use speakerphone. That's what I do. It's not that difficult guys.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
I've been working on cell towers for over 10 years and no cancer. How's that work? Towers put out a signal 6-25 times stronger than the phones do so I'd expect the rate to be at least twice-ten times higher than the study.... No?

Please tell me you don't honestly think your one person case example should be thought of as being a logical extrapolation onto the whole affects from cell phone radiation, be it the towers else the phone itself. This is very poor logic on more than one account.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
What is sad is many of the youth are taking to them (cell phones) as a new trend so considering the future medical needs this data should of been released and excepted as truth.. Feels a little less bad for not getting my teen a new celli for Christmas. Man when you look at it harmful issues are everywhere and WE MADE THEM I think?????

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Yes, and the youth are most susceptible to the potential damaging effects.

This stuff is retarded easy to figure out. There is supposed conflicting data mostly because studies that conclude: it is our BELIEF that these findings don't constitute significant health effects come from industry funding. The ones which are independently funded clearly show health damage.

So we have an industry who's survival in it's current form depends on the people's continued ignorance. Then we have people in high positions ... tptb that are rightfully (imo) concerned with controlling population. We see a health affect is reduced sperm in people who keep the phone next to their junk. So everyone is happy, except the people get sick. This is glaringly obvious for anyone paying attention.

Screw it. Let the willful ignorant ignore the findings. Obviously, they are the weaker of us. Those who are smart enough to see through the lies, and wise enough to act accordingly, will be minimally affected. So what of it?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
did anyone read the phrase from the WHO study:

"the largest ever international study of mobile phone safety has concluded that the devices do not raise the risk of brain cancer, except for a possible slight increase in tumours among the most intensive users. "

Isn't tumor a cancer ?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

Lol like that play on words.. Thank god it will just give me a tumor right?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Hilarious how they use the word "OFFICIAL" and "MAY BE" in the same phrase... that means that IT'S NOT OFFICIAL!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by svetlana84

did anyone read the phrase from the WHO study:

"the largest ever international study of mobile phone safety has concluded that the devices do not raise the risk of brain cancer, except for a possible slight increase in tumours among the most intensive users. "

Isn't tumor a cancer ?

No... first off cancer starts as a cell... and can grow into a tumor...

But no, tumors are not all cancerous...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Does anyone know how far away your house needs to be from the cell phone tower to be out of range from the electromagnetic radiation?

About 17 years ago my father died of cancer, he was an Electrical Engineer who was exposed to electromagnetic fields at Westinghouse at Pittsburgh, PA in the 1970s., and then later on with his own business. He was also exposed to farm pesticides like DDT in Indiana in the 1950s and 1960s.

My father in law just died of cancer in the brain and lungs... He was a lifetime smoker. He also had emphazema
and heart attacks/ pacemaker. What an awful way to die slowly... He was sick twenty years. He also had lymphoma twenty years ago and then chemo and kept on smoking. He only lived longer than most because his son was an ER doctor who monitored him for twenty years.

Many people dropped their land lines durring the recession to save money. I know people complain I don't run through the house to answer a phone that's burried in my purse, but the voice mail gets it and I check that daily.
Instant communication feels like a dog on a leasch to me. What ever happened to privacy of one's personal time?
edit on 25-1-2011 by frugal because: spelling

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Originally posted by abecedarian
I've been working on cell towers for over 10 years and no cancer. How's that work? Towers put out a signal 6-25 times stronger than the phones do so I'd expect the rate to be at least twice-ten times higher than the study.... No?

Please tell me you don't honestly think your one person case example should be thought of as being a logical extrapolation onto the whole affects from cell phone radiation, be it the towers else the phone itself. This is very poor logic on more than one account.

I'll honestly tell you, to me it's no longer worth the discussion. People tend to pick and choose the information that suits their argument even when the counter-claims are just as numerous and conclusive. Like said before, complain about it and you're fear-mongering and if you're disproving it you're a disinformation agent. Frankly, I'll rely on my personal experiences with the subject... and the experiences of the hundreds of people I've worked with on towers over the past decade... and if we don't have a higher-than-normal cancer rate amongst ourselves in spite of exposure levels hundreds if not thousands of times higher than someone's precious iPhone or Droid, the chips fall where they lie.

And for what it's worth, as I've said in other posts on the subject, the EMF exposure from overhead 100KVA powerlines is up to 3 times the maximum safe allowable level at 80 feet from the lines and from a typical 3G tower with a EMF the exposure at 80 feet is less than 20% of the safe exposure level. And EMF from household mains can be as high or higher than from a tower or cell phone as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I met a radio-amateur this summer, a bit of an alternative, excentric guy but very friendly.
He explained to me that there is nothing to worry about, he uses much more watts for his radio than a mobile phone could ever produce.
Cancer is something that starts in your mind. Germanic New Medicine, just google it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
If you're worried about this, T-Mobile users can get Cel-Fi, which is a device made by Nextivity that helps to reduce emissions. It was made to increase cellular reception, however it has a few added benefits such as blocking radiation emissions and improves battery strength as well. Right now it's just available to T-Mobile customers through customer service, but by next month will be available to all.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

but you dont wear that mast close to your heart nor do you wear it in your pants for most of the day ,

its the same allegory with cargo ship radars ,
you can in theory operate it from a distance and be in contact for a moment yet you dont hang on to it like a
merry go round for most of the day cause it causes cancer and other nastinesses,

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I used to use my cell phone as an alarm clock, keeping it a foot from my head all night long.

Around the same time i started this practice, i also started going through bouts of insomnia. For some reason it took me over 4 years to put two and two together. The same night that i moved the phone out of my bedroom, i had a full night's sleep. 5 months later, zero insomnia...well past the placebo effect stage imo

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

I knew that. But it's nice to have someone with a background in electrical engineering confirm it.

beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Confirmed My background is electrical engineering. In a study done by Griffith university Brisbane QLD Australia. They found what happens is that the radiation from cell phones causes a decrease in the cell membrane. This leads to intrusions by free radicals and carcinogens leading to increased susceptibility to cancer.
This was published in the lame stream paper and I cut it out because I was working in that industry at the time. If I can find the article I will scan it and post it here.
As a worker in the repair and testing side of this industry I suffered many of the symptoms described and shared a red irritation around the ears and nose as well as the rashes and biting sensations with coworkers.

The day we had the Tel-co radiation tester come into our workshop we mysteriously received no phones to work on that day. They concluded workshop radiation levels were safe. However we were not even testing phones. very very dodgy.
Another side effect we noticed was giddiness in the afternoons amongst all the workers and multiple cases of chronic fatigue including frequent sick days. (This is one perspective I wanted to share) Make up your own mind.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm sure that cell phones are not 'good' for you, but I personally am more trepidacious of the radiation coming from the microwave ovens sitting on the counter tops of most homes, and convenience stores than cell phones. Fear mongering? Maybe. But only in the sense that some lab is seeking funding and threw the cancer label on this. Next month they'll probably have a report showing that brain tumors have been found to go into remission as a direct result of the cell phones acting as a long term, low exposure radiation treatment.
edit on 7/2/2011 by withopeneyes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join