It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its Official Now: Radiation from Your Cell Phone May be Killing You

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Its Official Now: Radiation from Your Cell Phone May be Killing You

beforeitsnews.com

After many years of debate over the health hazards posed by mobile phones, a recent report finally establishes it.

The exhaustive report has been submitted recently to the Department of Telecom by Prof Girish Kumar of IIT-Bombay's department of electrical engineering.

Kumar, who has done extensive research on cell phone radiation and its effects warns against excessive use of cell phones as they put users, to increased risk of cancer, brain tumour and many other health hazards.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dnaindia.com

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
...and more so with children.

The article itemizes the effects. Here are a few:

The major health hazards of radiation from cell phones and cell towers are as given below:

- A 400% increase in the risk of brain cancer among for teenagers using cell phones. Children are more vulnerable to cell phone radiation. The younger the child, the deeper is the penetration of electromagnetic radiation as children's skulls are thinner.

- Excessive use of mobile phones can also cause cancer in anyone. Use of cell phones for more than 30 minutes per day for 10 years increases the risk of brain cancer and acoustic neuroma.

- Cell phone radiation causes irreversible damage to male fertility. Studies have found 30% lower sperm count in intensive users of mobile phones.

- Cell phone frequencies can cause damage to the DNA of the body's cells. Radiation causes 'free radical formation' inside the body's cells; the free radicals are known to be carcinogenic. ...

- Electromagnetic fields caused by cell phone and cell tower radiation degrade the immune system and stimulate allergicinflammatory responses, including rashes, sores, biting sensations and lesions. ...

- Exposure to electromagnetic fields can cause sleep disorders and neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease.

- Due to consistent electromagnetic background noise, bees and birds become disoriented and cannot return to their hives and nests. It has adverse effects on animals, plants and the environment.

I knew that. But it's nice to have someone with a background in electrical engineering confirm it.

beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
will my tin foil hat save me

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Ugh............this is most likely dis info to start heavy fear mongering of cell phone use. Everything gives us cancer these days sadly. Man has created it's own destruction in that sense.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I've been working on cell towers for over 10 years and no cancer. How's that work? Towers put out a signal 6-25 times stronger than the phones do so I'd expect the rate to be at least twice-ten times higher than the study.... No?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
I've been working on cell towers for over 10 years and no cancer. How's that work? Towers put out a signal 6-25 times stronger than the phones do so I'd expect the rate to be at least twice-ten times higher than the study.... No?

It's called fear mongering. They control our entire global society through fear funded by dirty/blood money.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

Very true.

edit on 1/23/2011 by abecedarian because: to take back the stars and flags on the thread

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The radio signal doesn't cause cancer cmon guys.

It's the battery pack that is the issue here.

The radiation to worry about is Thermal Radiation.

You don't need a report to figure this out, you just need common sense lol.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
That idea has already been studied extensively and no connection has been established. Of course, this will just be disregarded by the large majority of ATS and other pseudoscience peddlers.

Interphone study on mobile phone use and brain cancer risk

Do mobile phones pose a cancer risk? Coordinated by WHO’s International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), the largest ever international study of mobile phone safety has concluded that the devices do not raise the risk of brain cancer, except for a possible slight increase in tumours among the most intensive users. The Interphone Study Group published their results in the International Journal of Epidemiology. The paper presents the results of analyses of brain tumour (glioma and meningioma) risk in relation to mobile phone use in all Interphone study centres combined. This interview-based case-control study, which included 2708 glioma and 2409 meningioma cases, and matched controls, was conducted in 13 countries using a common protocol. Analyses of brain tumours in relation to mobile phone use have been reported from a number of cohort and case-control studies, including several of the national components of Interphone. No studies, however, have included as many exposed cases as this study, particularly long-term and heavy users of mobile phones.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Why is a laptop bad to put on your lap?

Thermal Radiation.

It cooks your crotch. Thus increased rates of failure in those organs.

Older cellphones get hot fast, and that cooks your ear and that side of your brain.

Use them less, and you will be fine.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This link provides a list from highest to lowest radiation levels produced by cell phones. It discusses at some point, the level emitted will need to be posted on the phone for consumers to see.

It is recommending that the phones with the lowest levels are slightly safer.

www.suite101.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
How does non-ionizing radio waves cause brain tumors and cancer?
That's the question I would like answered.
Until someone comes up with a solid theory I will remain convinced
that cell phone transmissions are safe as long as the RF output power
is within specifications.
Otherwise any radio transmission near a human would cause cancer and tumors and so on.
Even if that was true that doesn't explain how those ailments existed long before
wireless communications came into use.
The article reads like sensationalist propaganda to further peoples fears of the unknown.
Hey while we're at it saying how dangerous cell phones supposedly are without solid evidence
why not toss in the microwave oven, near by radio stations, on and WIFI devices. Hey lighting
causes large EMF spikes, I suppose that causes cancer to

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Lots of devices besides cell phones put out signals in the same frequencies, specifically 802.11b/g/n wireless devices yet I haven't seen anything serious linking those to increases in cancer. If there were any serious truth to this so called study then most of places like DC, NYC, LA, etc would be totally dead because not only are they awash in cell signals but radio transmissions of all types, wireless internet, cordless telephones and probably a whole host of other things I'm not even thinking of, yet these areas still seem to be full of living breathing people who aren't deaf, blind, sterile (though that might be beneficial) or otherwise impaired by radio transmissions.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by majestic3

No itll amplify the radiation and cook you faster....

edit on 23/1/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

Actually, wi-fi signals are not in the same frequency range as cell phones. Wi-fi uses unlicensed spectrum (2.4 [b/g/n] / 5.8 [a] GHz) whereas Cellular (800-900 MHz) / PCS (1840-1990 MHz) frequencies are licensed.

edit on 1/23/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Well I doubt this will much change cell phone usage. Cell phones are so ingrained into our society and daily lives now people will just have to deal with the effects. Either that or new methods of transmitting the data will be found.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Maybe it is some sort of huge ruse style propaganda campaign.

Keep the focus on the "danger" of radio waves, which is pretty non-existent, and make sure no one worries about the thermal radiation (heat) dangers posed by putting a hot piece of plastic on your skull for a few hours a day.

I don't think the heat is causing cancer per se, I think the issue is more of simple organ damage due to being cooked. The human body has specific temperature range before the cells in your body start to die as a result of the heat.

These phones can get really hot, I have had a few fireball phones in my days.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I could believe the thermal radiation, my old Nokia 6630 didn't half leave me with sweaty ear, only took a 10 minute call too. Still, my brain cells have took a beating over the years, don't think mobiles are gonna make it any worse, besides, I've been using them since 1995.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

This is true, however I think a lot of the underlying issue here is the stigma of "microwaves" and their effects on people. I've got a co-worker for example who nearly refuses to use a microwave for any reason because of the perceived dangers of it (rather than the issue of quick food and its inherent lack quality). A huge number of devices operate in what I will call the microwave range, and it seems to me that because of the old fears of microwaving food people are now turning to cell phones and wireless for their misplaced and uninformed fears.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Can't do a health piece without bringing up prions. (It's expected.
)

Radiation can cause proteins to misfold into toxic shapes, or become prions. Misfolded proteins are implicated in cancer as well as a host of other diseases.

In addition to genetic causes of protein misfolding, it is believed that environmental insults, either physical (heat, pressure, radiation) ...cause proteins to misfold into toxic shapes.

The Prion Link to Cancer:

...many links have been found between prions and various types of cancer. In 2009, researchers found a prion biomarker for pancreatic cancer (Li et al., 2009) and in another report it was demonstrated that prion protein (PrP) antibodies slowed the rate of tumor growth in colon cancer (McEwan et al., 2009).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join