It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Agers are the False Prophets of Revelations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

If there was any such "revelation" waiting in the wings, so to speak, then surely it must be comprehensible and available to the scrutiny of logic and reason, even intuition.

But the all-inclusive "great work" of Jesus Christ, doesn't require belief in him to redeem. However a free gift of incalculable value, to be functional, needs to be first recieved as an act of love, and then courageously opened up, to be useful for the recipient! Intriguingly and perhaps ironically, the fundamental nature of the gift is that of rediscovering our true self as accepted by God in eternity, with nothing left to fear, and that kind of childlike wonderment ought not be missed by people, but hey to each their own..

There is another problem too, when it comes to Christianity shared, and that is what it's sent to treat, and to heal whereby it may be said that the best defence is a good offence.

It can be highly offensive to the willful pride of arrogant and ignorant man, and there is a type of mind (I refrain from calling it "satanic") which very powerfully rebels against the truth at the very heart of the Christian message, so sharing appropriately then becomes quadrupally difficult, making it even MORE worthwhile still, given the challenge that presents!

All Truth I've discovered is just wrought with paradox, and the truth of Christianity is no different, but it is resolvable, thank God, comprehensible (however unfathonable the love) and therefore available for grokking.

edit on 23-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I am no biblical scholar persay but, i wanted to share with you a passage which may well open your eyes.

17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

New agers are because of god, all of the race of man are his children. This passage is also proof to me at least for a divine right to psychic gifts for humans. But note how the passage starts. This is Acts 2:17-18

Thanks,
-Matt

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by matthewgraybeal

17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Thanks for the quote, it brings up this point:

If at the end of days there should be many prophets, but also many "false" prophets, who is to say which is which?

I think that, because of our lack of perspective and understanding, we have and still do label prophets as heretics. People who could be saviors have often been given labels such as "Anti-Christ".

So I offer that we look more into why we fight amongst each other about "who speaks the most Truth" (aka who is right versus who is wrong). Our egos have grown monstrously and will not allow us to accept other egos. A large part of this is due to our lack of knowledge regarding the symbols used to label and direct us.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
New Ager or Old Ager are but labels imposed upon by another.

What matters is TRUTH.

Who is or are the Anti-Christs? Seek deep within your heart, you don't need to know 'esoteric' beliefs to understand the SIMPLE few rules and guidances our Creator had for us all His children. Those that turn us away from our Divine Father are the evil ones who must be cast aside.

We flawed mortal men imagine and actually had add on more often rigid laws to that which was taught by divine teachers sent, enboxing ourselves and our mind in blind rigid programming akin to robots, where there will only simple rules to life. And such programming had only turn us away from our Creator and His teachers sent.

The rabbi or the muslim cleric will claimed that they were following the rules when they blessed suicide bombers to do His work. But, read the holy texts again, written during a turbulent period and meant to overcome those periods, WHOSE rules had the suicide bomber and the rejector of Divine Teachings been only obeying?

Our Divine Father awaits us to call upon His Name, and return back to His fold, but only on our free will. Although we must pay the price for our mistakes so that justice be served and learn from it, there will be mercy and compassion from Him, for He will never abandon His children who calls upon Him.
edit on 23-1-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I find most exoteric fundamentalist Christians (I sometimes call them modern traditional Christians) hang thier hats on certain passages of scripture dogmatically interpreted as black and white by some pastor or perceived leader.

I do see many more people rejecting dogmatic religions and more willing to step outside the box. There is still a lot of Piscean energy left in the churches though. It will take time to dissipate. In the mean time we can lead by example. Saturn X's post was a great example IMO.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
New Ager or Old Ager are but labels imposed upon by another.

As is Christ and Anti-Christ. One of those labels is over-used and one is under-used. Which do you think is which?

Who is or are the Anti-Christs? Seek deep within your heart, you don't need to know 'esoteric' beliefs to understand the SIMPLE few rules and guidances our Creator had for us all His children.

Denying the need to understand the esoteric currents in world religion and myth is like a sailor denying the need to understand ocean currents. A mystic sailing on the seas of world religion and myth must understand what is going on beneath the surface.

But then we have the landlubbers, the religious fundamentalists, the non-sailing non-mystics, who don't know what it is to feel the currents running deep under the surface and who can't see that the hidden currents transcend their land-based and purely localized view of the water.

Such a land-based localized view has its place. Some people just can't handle sailing. Its a full-time job. But let the landlubbing non-sailors avoid the temptation to tell experienced sailors how it is out there on the seas. They only end up looking like ignorant fools.

Those that turn us away from our Divine Father are the evil ones who must be cast aside.

There is a difference between turning away from Divinity and turning away from one particular localized conception of it. God is non-local, after all. If someone rejects the oversimplification of exoteric religious fundamentalism, it is not the same as rejecting our Divine Father. But it can sure feel that way to a rejected exoteric apologist with a tribal mentality, eh?

A baby must grow up and reject simple milk in favor of solid food. But the problem is, organized orthodox mainstream religion has little solid food to give. As a result, some people stay on a spiritual diet of spoiled exoteric milk all their life, and others who can't stomach spoiled milk and can't find solid food have a starvation in their soul.

edit on 24-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by prepared4truth

Paul was a soldier. Is there anything in the bible that indicated that Paul understood or had any esoteric practice before he went out on the road to Damascus? The last time that I read the bible I read Leviticus in a hotel one evening.

I agree with you when you mention the new age simply because there are some charlattans using this to con the gullible. Also the new age is an alphabet soup of older practices and inventions that make a complete mess of spirituality and esotericism. Some people find themselves in places where they are in genuine spiritual discomfort as a result of new age practices.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

There is a difference between turning away from Divinity and turning away from one particular conception of it

Yes, and I think the failure to make this disctinction underpins the insiduous tendency to demonize those of another belief to one's own.

I would also add that often it isn't even a matter of turning away from any particular conception of Divinity, but simply an act of embracing another.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
reply to post by prepared4truth

Paul was a soldier. Is there anything in the bible that indicated that Paul understood or had any esoteric practice before he went out on the road to Damascus? The last time that I read the bible I read Leviticus in a hotel one evening.

It was my understanding that Paul was a Lawyer of the Pharisees, and a tentmaker, nothing else, not a soldier, although he went in pursuit of these new cultists who he loathed, initially, and then he found himself "kicking against the goads"! What's interesting is that there are so many who claim that Jesus never even existed, yet who take Paul's letters as historically authentic, when Paul was contemporary to the elder Peter, with whom he argued, so there were no doubt deciples and apostles and a whole cadre of early followers and communities, many of them Jews willing to die for this new faith before renouncing their Yeshua, but we're to believe that there was no Jesus..
That makes no sense at all, within the larger historical context, which includes this Saul of Tarsus turned Paul the servant of Christ.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I have thought for awhile that the beings of different religions have been manifesting to eachother and interacting, because more and more people of different tribes with different cultures/religions are living together or in eachother's awareness through various media.

Comparing all human psyches combined as one big computer divided into smaller parts where each part contains the information gathered by a particular religion, in these times there seems to be a grand exchange, the Newagers don't actually have a part for themselves but are like the parts connecting the other parts so they can exchange. That is why they appear parrot like most of the time, echoing another's truth without making it their own as some of the other faiths sometimes do.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
www.thewatcherfiles.com...

''The New Age of Disgrace''

By Sherry Shriner

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by prepared4truth
reply to post by masqua

Well Paul understood what he spoke because of Esoteric practice. Many New Agers do not have the esoteric background behind what they've learned. This is the key difference (in my opinion).

Just another argument to support the idea of a "chosen few" who are worthy enough, or educated enough, or esoteric enough, or good enough to tell the "truth". Keep your ohhh so special, insider knowledge of a silly old book. No one cares.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Student X
Denying the need to understand the esoteric currents in world religion and myth is like a sailor denying the need to understand ocean currents. A mystic sailing on the seas of world religion and myth must understand what is going on beneath the surface.

But then we have the landlubbers, the religious fundamentalists, the non-sailing non-mystics, who don't know what it is to feel the currents running deep under the surface and who can't see that the hidden currents transcend their land-based and purely localized view of the water.

Such a land-based localized view has its place. Some people just can't handle sailing. Its a full-time job. But let the landlubbing non-sailors avoid the temptation to tell experienced sailors how it is out there on the seas. They only end up looking like ignorant fools.

There is a difference between turning away from Divinity and turning away from one particular localized conception of it. God is non-local, after all. If someone rejects the oversimplification of exoteric religious fundamentalism, it is not the same as rejecting our Divine Father. But it can sure feel that way to a rejected exoteric apologist with a tribal mentality, eh?

A baby must grow up and reject simple milk in favor of solid food. But the problem is, organized orthodox mainstream religion has little solid food to give. As a result, some people stay on a spiritual diet of spoiled exoteric milk all their life, and others who can't stomach spoiled milk and can't find solid food have a starvation in their soul.

There are no esoteric teachings in the messages sent by our Creator. The words are in plain view for all to see. It is only those who seek to profit from it do they turn such simple truths into complex added instructions, determined fully by them, mortal man alone, as they had once done when they forbade the masses from reading the sacred book.

There are no undercurrents in the spirtual life for child of our Creator. He can be a sailor, a landlubber, or a scribe like you, but the messages are clear and easy to understand, if you would but honestly read, listen and comprehend the original sacred texts. Such teachings from the sacred book does not teach one to harm or hurt another, but more often than not, it helps one to live meaningful lives.

The only undercurrents that exists are man-made, and the faster we humanity realizes it, stay away from dumbing down attempts by others whom seemingly portray 'intellectualism' which are only semantics word games, the more we will turn our faces into the direction of our Heavenly Father and fulfill our destiny.

We, with outside divisive labels of old or new agers, are still children yet, when compared to the vast age of the Universe. It would be presumptous to even believe that we are ready for solid foods. Look into the current scientific endeavours of mankind and you will weep in shame at how little we know, with so much, much more to learn...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ossminid

reply to post by masqua

Well Paul understood what he spoke because of Esoteric practice. Many New Agers do not have the esoteric background behind what they've learned. This is the key difference (in my opinion).

Just another argument to support the idea of a "chosen few" who are worthy enough, or educated enough, or esoteric enough, or good enough to tell the "truth". Keep your ohhh so special, insider knowledge of a silly old book. No one cares.

I hope you realize what you just said... no one cares? So you don't care about your soul?

To use the "I think I'm so special" defense, when talking about a specialized field of study is naive. I do not think that New Agers aren't worthy enough to speak Truth, but if I had no clue what they were talking about ("uninitiated") and I wanted to know more from them, they would fall short nearly every time.

It is like a professor briefly and intelligently discussing a theory of time travel, but when you ask him after class to talk more about it, he claims that he hasn't really studied it enough to know more. As the once interested student, I would be immediately turned off from learning more.

And so it is with the soul. When people speak Truth without esoteric understanding, they show the "uninitiated" that this whole New Age thing is just a trend and not worthy for further research.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

New Agers speak Truth, but many of them have no real understanding of the Truth. It just "vibes" with them. When they start threads telling people Truth about who IAM, they are doing a exactly what a Christian "Anti-Christ" would do. They are telling people the Truth of the Christian religion, without realizing it many times, which goes against the purpose of the Christian religion (which is to conceal the Truth through symbolic stories).

I wouldn't exactly call myself a "New Ager," more like an "Old Timer." I grew up in a Church of God scenario, my Mom was so fundamental it was pitiful. I have always, since childhood, seen the dead, and was always a very avid reader too. I read the King James Bible cover to cover at age 15, and left Christianity right then, I mean, who could worship such a cruel God anyway? In '85 I got hurt, and thought perhaps a little religion would not hurt me any, and may even help me, so I began to study them all, looking for one that suited me. I soon found out that all of the Book Religions had many things in common, mostly they were all based on Sun Worship, dating back to Ancient Egypt. I researched the Holy Bible to death, looked up root words, cross referenced everything, studied on the Ancient Sumerians and the Annunaki, and decided that the Biblical Gods were nothing but Aliens, even if they did create our human bodies as a slave race.

Since that time, armed with the information, I have attempted to get any Christian I meet to do what I did. Sadly, most tell me it is a Sin to question God, or to research the Bible, and truthfully, if you talk to an average Christian for long, you soon discover they have not read their Bible, even though they hold it like a shield.
They go about "preaching the word," but sadly, there is no word to teach, except for the words of men with an agenda. They try to "save my soul," even though it doesn't need "saved" from anything except their own version of the afterlife, created by them for them to enjoy. I have seen firsthand the hate they harbor, for Gay people, Wiccans, any music not Christian, and anyone or thing that doesn't fit their idea of what is right. Who are they to judge, anyway?

I became a Wiccan a long time ago, simply because that was one "religion," if you can call it that, that knows about "As Above, So Below." I think Christians have forgotten that principle, even thought it is in the book that they fail to read. Another thing they seem to forget is this: "What you hold to be true on Earth, I will hold true in Heaven."

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Religion is a personal journey that only one person can and must undertake by himself on his own free will and not at the influence or instruction from anyone else.

We humans were not meant to be sheeps or robot to follow commands, but to gain a more profound understanding in our relationship with our Heavenly Father, a far stronger bond that way that no other man can break, to keep to the path of light.

The Messiah had said, "seek..and you shall find, ask..and it shall be answered'. Only thing is, what you seek and ask may not be that which you are expecting and looking foward for, for that's the truth.

Once you began that journey on your free will with the sacred texts as guide in your daily life, you will eventually reach a sense of profound understanding from your heart where the true temple lays, on the veracity of the wisdom from such simple and easy to comprehend texts.

You are absolutely free to share your personal journey with others, but NEVER to impose it upon others, for each is gifted differently with the gift of life, to touch others differently than others. Thus, the choice to make that journey is yours alone on your own free will, and at no imposition from anyone else, and you alone fully responsible for your own actions.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
You are absolutely free to share your personal journey with others, but NEVER to impose it upon others, for each is gifted differently with the gift of life, to touch others differently than others. Thus, the choice to make that journey is yours alone on your own free will, and at no imposition from anyone else, and you alone fully responsible for your own actions.

I only wish Crusaders, Witch Hunters, and Commie Persecutors had gotten that message a little sooner. Although, it is in the Bible which many of these people claimed to live by...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I only wish Crusaders, Witch Hunters, and Commie Persecutors had gotten that message a little sooner. Although, it is in the Bible which many of these people claimed to live by...

Each are responsible for their own actions. Blame not our Creator for the crimes done by flawed mortal men hiding behind the sacred book to perform their lust, abusing their own gift of free will, but seek out for the truth always, as those whom are in the light equally using their gift of free will found out about the evils of the spanish inquistions, the harm of slavery, the radicalism from a religion of peace and the domination of tyranny by such beasts in men's skin.
edit on 24-1-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

It is like a professor briefly and intelligently discussing a theory of time travel, but when you ask him after class to talk more about it, he claims that he hasn't really studied it enough to know more. As the once interested student, I would be immediately turned off from learning more.

Doesn't say much about you as a student....

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101There are no esoteric teachings in the messages sent by our Creator. The words are in plain view for all to see.

Just saying that doesn't make it so. Especially when I can provide passages from the Bible that indicate otherwise. What is plain for all to see, is that there is secret Wisdom in the Bible:

"Behold, you delight in truth in the inward being, and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart." Psalm 51:6

"But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory." 1 Corinthians 2:7

It is only those who seek to profit from it do they turn such simple truths into complex added instructions, determined fully by them, mortal man alone, as they had once done when they forbade the masses from reading the sacred book.

I have not made any money from my studies of esoterica, or from my studies of the fields of comparative mysticism-religion-mythology which I consider a necessary component of esoteric understanding. So I guess my life puts the lie to your words, since I don't seek to profit. I only seek Divine Wisdom.

For some the exoteric layer is good enough. It is there for a reason - not everyone can be a mystic. Its a full-time job, and there are other jobs that need doing. So it makes sense that there would be an exoteric layer for the man-on-the-street.

But now we are living in the age of information. Cross-cultural comparison and analysis is possible in a systematic and deep way, and it has shown that esoteric currents flow under the surface of world religion and myth. The only valid way to interpret a sacred text is in that light.

Face up to it. The exoteric layer is corrupted by fundamentalism and the esoteric layer is coming to light. God can help you to make the transition.

"The Christian of the future will be a mystic or he will not exist." -Karl Rahner

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join