It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Agers are the False Prophets of Revelations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
New Agers speak Truth, but many of them have no real understanding of the Truth. It just "vibes" with them. When they start threads telling people Truth about who IAM, they are doing a exactly what a Christian "Anti-Christ" would do. They are telling people the Truth of the Christian religion, without realizing it many times, which goes against the purpose of the Christian religion (which is to conceal the Truth through symbolic stories).

I would like to know if anybody agrees or disagrees with this statement and provide reasons why. How would this make you feel if you were accused by a Christian of being the Anti-Christ?

Alright, to help readers look at this more objectively, I am not talking about Esoteric belief in Christianity. I mean Exoteric, mainstream belief.

edit on 23-1-2011 by prepared4truth because: Pressed start thread too early

edit on 23-1-2011 by prepared4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Only New Agers do this? Wasn't Paul the original New Ager then?

Edit to add: I don't mean the Beatles, either. I'm talking about the Paul who had an epiphany on the road to Damascus.
edit on 23/1/11 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Well Paul understood what he spoke because of Esoteric practice. Many New Agers do not have the esoteric background behind what they've learned. This is the key difference (in my opinion).

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by prepared4truth

Or perhaps more because they try to mix up elements of the Christian religion with other things.
Very much like the original Gnostics.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I disagree... Paul decided for himself what Jesus stood for after he hunted down and murdered His adherents and disciples. ATS plug

Anyways, I'll butt out now, simply because I think you'd rather attack New Agers

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

As an esoteric Christian mystic, I find that I have more in common with New Agers and mystics from other traditions than I do with exoteric Christian fundamentalists, whom I consider my brothers even if they don't consider me their brother. In my humble opinion, I think that religious fundamentalism itself is the False Prophet of Revelations.

edit on 23-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Well I appreciated your post, but this thread isn't meant to attack New Agers. If you read the threads I've posted previously, you would see that I consider myself New Age.

Not only that, but this thread is meant to make you think... what does Christianity consider to be Anti-Christ? Like a previous poster (who is an esoteric Christian) said, there is more in common between New Age belief and Esoteric Christianity than Exoteric Christianity.

I personally share similar thoughts from my own research, but this post is not for me. It is to make you think about why calling someone a false prophet of a largely deceptive religion (not on Esoteric terms) means that you are "bashing them".

To consider one who speaks Truth as an "Anti-Christ"? And to then equate a Truth speaker with an "evil" symbolic image, should make you think about how you really feel...

Eh?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I thought I might post a lecture from professor Veith The Wine of Babylon

The Bible speaks about an end-time Babylon that would lead the whole world astray. The doctrines for this end-time power can be found in ancient Babylon. In this video, the ancient religion of Babylon and its origins are traced through historic time to the very time in which we live. amazingdiscoveries.tv...

I posted this on another thread ...They say a picture is worth a thousand words and the professor presents many in this lecture .....peace

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Thank you for your input.

I am interested in hearing different perspectives on this, because it raises many questions about how we view things according to their symbolic meanings...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I do not think it is based on prior knowledge or anything like that.

It is based entirely on common sense and your connection with the universe.

If you look you will find, but most people think they already found it all, so they are essentially heretics to the truth as they become egotistical maniacs.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
If you look you will find, but most people think they already found it all, so they are essentially heretics to the truth as they become egotistical maniacs.

Brilliant muzzle! This is where the correlation between negative connotation of "Anti-Christ" and somewhat hypocritical belief in Christianity comes into play.

Many are turned off from others' Truth simply because it sounds different from the unique Truth they themselves have found.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

To consider one who speaks Truth as an "Anti-Christ"? And to then equate a Truth speaker with an "evil" symbolic image, should make you think about how you really feel...

No doubt most non-christians in the west have faced these kind of judgements at some stage, and I myself have been a target of them since I was merely 5 years old.

It used to hurt me deeply when I was younger, as it reinforced my sense of being misunderstood, but nowadays I have a different attitude.

I have come to understand their viewpoint, and see their judgement as an expression of their faith through the lense of their own humanity, their own imperfection.

The only practical course of action for myself is to try and help dispell some of the misconceptions they have of my beliefs whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Other than that, they are entitled to their own beliefs, and for all I know, they may even be the truth.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

We are all the Truth. It is just expressed in different forms. Why judge your fellow man as "evil" when this fact is recognized?

False prophet is a label that itself is misunderstood.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Jesus seems to have been advocating what might be called a participative eschatology, and thus, any actual believer who is in relationship with Christ is in effect a "new ager" in the sense that it is the purpose of the "Jesus project" to bridge or usher the world into a new age, an age of spirit and reason, and living water flowing in eternity ie: end of time as we know it. As Paul said, we are set free for the sake of freedom, to freely love as we are loved, which is a Golden Rule and from the standard of Jesus Christ, nothing less than transformational, with the mind renewed continually in sympathetic harmonious connection with the Christ mind, what I like to think of as "full spectrum" Christianity capable of redeeming the creation.
If a false prophet speaks truth, and is entirely honest and authentic, even about his own shortcomings and blindspots, then in what way could he continued to be consdered as "false"? And if anti-Christ points to Christ, and willingly submits himself to the Kingship of the Lord Jesus Christ, and seeks to reflect or convey the logos of Christ to others without expectation, then how could he be considered "anti-Christ"?
If I read Jesus correctly, part of our mission is to undo such shinnanigans.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Correct. The damaged link in all this is that many people who are supposed to usher in this age, many who call themselves "Christian", are intolerant of others simply for lack of understanding perspective.

Unconditional love is what can make this happen, but the message is getting lost in translation, so to speak. Many speak love until the time comes to demonstrate this love- love is seldom found in these hypocrites.

So the term "Anti-Christ" becomes a mirror reflection of what these people are. They represent the "Christ consciousness" of love and understand, yet they cannot love or understand fellow men.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I agree with all of that, but I think in order to qualify as a false prophet of Christianity one would have to be professing themselves to be Christian in the first place. In my opinion, those that flash the cross and spit out sermons designed to influence politically/economically, rather than to save, would more closely fit the bill.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Except that one who does not love as Christ loves, doesn't have such love, since love that excludes, isn't love, you're right it must be unconditional, and I would add, all-inclusive, this is the problem with fundamentalist exoteric Christianity, according to a misinterpretation of the spirit which said "no one comes to the father but by me". Jesus cannot be used as a weapon, as a point of leverage for purposes of domination and submission, there's no Christ-love in that, and so it's not the mytics who are anti-Christ, but if anything, the fanaticism of fundamentalism.
One who extends Christ as a loving invitation does the work of Christ.
Christianity must also be reasonable and accessible to reason, so that the logos can be read and understood or "grokked" (appropriated), and in this way, with people becoming "so one" that we can understand Jesus' sent calling from the father as a first/last cause, the principal personified may become like a torchlight, or more properly like a pearl in the gate, something attractive, inviting, but also entirely free and non-coersive (no small feat).

And hey no one's perfect, we are a work in progress. A true Christian does not have to be without any sin, to share the gospel or the good news. Anyone who claims otherwise, is a hypocrite, and is not being honest.

At the same time, principals must be proven right by their application, and so it's incumbant on Christians to operate as models of what Christian transformation looks like, since the heart is made apparent in it's activity.

"You will know them by their fruits."

Also the attacks against Christians and Christianity by many, can be very hurtful, to one who understands, and so it's understandable, to a degree, if he responds forcefully in the face of those assaults, many which accuse him of being a fool and ignorant, or worse. At the same time however, this is probably where the rubber hits the road and really goes somewhere far and wide, and I'll openly admit to having failed in that regard many times, of having hated my atheist brother with the strong desire to strike back, and that's a failure on my part in presenting something which falls short of the type of demonstration required. It's doubly hard in many ways, which only makes the effort all the more worthwhile. So I'm sorry for my own failings in the matter of authentic Christian love, so you see, that's not "false prophet" material, since I'm being honest!

edit on 23-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

i second this.

it is hard to come to a complete conclusion (at least for me) as to what the real truth is as far as who is "right" or "wrong" to believe what they believe. its come to a point that despite my own inner judgements of myself and others ive chosen to take a piece of everyones complex fractal puzzle called perspective, for i continue to believe that there is information in all energy constructs. physical and non.

despite that. i feel that in a reality fitted by diffrent angles and degrees of gain and lack, of love and fear, of particles and waves,

we shouldnt judge anyones beliefs but our own. because for all we know,

come 2012 or whatever time after that...we will have all been right.

then what...?

namaste.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Except that one who does not love as Christ loves, doesn't have such love, since love that excludes, isn't love, you're right it must be unconditional, and I would add, all-inclusive

I agree absolutely that real and unconditional love must necessarily be all-inclusive.

All the same, the Christians with whom I have conversed insist that the reason that they judge my belief as satanic and anti-christ is because of their love and concern for me. They hope to plant a seed which will one day sprout into a revelation about the truth of their Christian teachings.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
When the moment comes and we're between a rock and a hard place, if I'm a real Christian, I will leave my doctrines of faith on the shelf and bracket all those conceptions, to embrace my atheist brother, or Christian hater of whatever ilk, not to PROVE my Christian love superior, but simply because of what it's made me into, which is a lover of all people. And of course this type of non-judgementalism is the very liberation imbedded in the Christian mythos and logos. And it's great power and virtue in fact eminates from that very liberation, and then, both Christian and atheist alike will together move mountains of historical causation as we walk and talk together while crossing over that bridge, together, and into a new age of reason and spirit and truth. Truth and Love demands nothing less, than the absolute willingness, to freely give of self for the sake of another and for mutuality, and therein resides a Civilized progress for one and all, which is formative, fruitful, and in alignment with the Christian ethos and logos of life and love.

There is certainly no need to convert anyone to a doctrine, but the IDEA at the heart it sure needed communication and re-appropriation and mutual grokking, so that nothing is lost and everything gained, and if it holds water, and dispenses nourishment for the soul, then that's good.

Personally, although I don't think the OP is directed at me per se, but shame on anyone who would call my activities here at ATS that of either false prophet or anti-Christ, how sad is that?

edit on 23-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join