It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: 3 Detroit Police Officers shot; Gunman Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
BREAKING: 3 Detroit Police Officers; Gunman Dead

Local 4 has learned that three Detroit police officers, including a commander, were shot Sunday afternoon inside a station in the department's Northwest District.

The conditions of the officers were not immediatly known.

The gunman who opened fire was fatally shot.

The station, which services the 6th and 8th precincts, is near Plymouth and Warwick roads.

More Detroit insanity.

Of course will probably make the MSM since COPS were shot... but most of the time, when people die at the hand of cops, the MSM cover it up. Or say the citizen deserved it.
edit on 23-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/1/11 by masqua because: Replaced quote tags with 'ex' tags for external content

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It's early and there's not really any details in your link, but I would say if you go into a police station and shoot 3 cops- yeah, you can expect to go home in a body bag....
It sort of sounds like you're blaming the police before any real details are even known about the incident.....

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Big thumbs down OP! Three people killed who have gone to work that morning and you're trying to make it political. There's people inside those uniforms with families just like you and me. Poor judgement

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by onetruesaxon
reply to post by Vitchilo

Big thumbs down OP! Three people killed who have gone to work that morning and you're trying to make it political. There's people inside those uniforms with families just like you and me. Poor judgement

The cops are alright from what I hear. The scumbag gunman is dead. All is well.

I was just making an observation.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Looks like the wild west cowboys days are coming back. I'm not sure if it's related but Google reported a spike in "buy a gun" search.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I was just making an observation.

Wrong Forum?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think I'll wait until I find out why he shot them before I make a judgement here.

Detroit cops have been pretty bad in the past, so who knows whether he was justified or not? It strikes me that someone who walks into a police station shooting might have a pretty damn good reason for doing so.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
I think I'll wait until I find out why he shot them before I make a judgement here.

Detroit cops have been pretty bad in the past, so who knows whether he was justified or not? It strikes me that someone who walks into a police station shooting might have a pretty damn good reason for doing so.

You know how it is, the reasons wont make sense, he'll be shown to have recently started acting crazy, and before you know it, he'll be a patsy setup by tptb to pull off a false flag operation to do something or another and people will start looking at pictures of him saying it's shopped, or how he was this or that... the same thing every time.

There is no such thing as a mad man these days - they're all puppets of the puppet master don't you know..

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Wonder if the guy walked in and looked around first then said to the guy at the desk "I'll be back".

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

It strikes me that someone who walks into a police station shooting might have a pretty damn good reason for doing so.

TRANSLATION:

Violence is sometimes justified.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Sure is, sometimes.

There was a story on CNN recently about a Florida police chief who shielded a buddy from a rape charge. Some cops do some pretty bad things and get away with it. We had a rapist cop in my community a few years ago, he got off quite lightly in my opinion. If a cop had harmed one of your relatives, and you couldn't expect justice from the legal system, you'd be forgiven, by me at least, for shooting the perps yourself.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

reply to post by kinda kurious

Sure is, sometimes.

There was a story on CNN recently about a Florida police chief who shielded a buddy from a rape charge. Some cops do some pretty bad things and get away with it. We had a rapist cop in my community a few years ago, he got off quite lightly in my opinion. If a cop had harmed one of your relatives, and you couldn't expect justice from the legal system, you'd be forgiven, by me at least, for shooting the perps yourself.

Yeah I agree but somebody could get hurt or killed in your response too which would be very wrong. Yeah plenty of dirty cops but a lot of good ones too. We had a guy here who was skimming meth off folks he pulled over and finally got busted high as he drove his cruiser off the road into a tree. He was fired and put on probation is all.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
sadly I see more and more of this in the future. This guy was either a complete nutcase or was really pissed at the police to go on a suicide mission like this.

The bad thing is that we and the cops are being crushed by unfair laws and the thugs on both sides and those thugs in charge

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Who goes into the cop shop and unloads? That is madness, and suicide! Clearly, the assailant had lost their mind. It is insanity pure and simple. The shooter was killed and we will never know for certain what was going through his head. Chances are the so called head doctors and MSM will have no trouble filling in the blanks about why this tragic event happened.

Then the politicians will chime in about restricting access to firearms and ammunition. Why can't we just consider that these incidents involve people who fallen off their rocker and stop all the rationalization of these shooting sprees. There is no rationalization, excuse, or logic behind any of these incidents. Nuts are among us, and they will act out from time to time. It is a tragic fact of life.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

What kind of scary logic is that? I guess Hitler must have had a pretty damn good reason for killing all those Jews.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Gainsayer

Pretty simple logic actually.

Either:

A. He's crazy.

or

B. He felt he had sufficient cause.

What's hard to understand about that?

new topics

top topics

join