It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Offshot unit of Minutemen unit raid home, kills entire family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well this is just my opinion, but those scumbags need to hang high. And I shouldn't be calling them Minutemen... they are murderers and thieves who called themselves Minutemen as a cover and illegal immigration as an excuse.

This happened in 2009, but the trial is going on NOW... and it's nowhere in the MSM.

The Shawna Forde trial: Will the mainstream media bother to notice?

There's another infamous shooting of a nine-year-old girl that is making headlines this week in Tucson. This time, we wonder if the rest of the media will bother to cover it.

The little girl's name was Brisenia Flores. She lived near the border with her parents and sister outside the town of Arivaca, Arizona. On May 30 of 2009, a woman named Shawna Forde, who led an offshoot unit of Minutemen who ran armed border patrols for patriotic "fun". Forde's gang had decided to go "operational," which meant they concocted a scheme to raid drug smugglers and take their money and drugs and use it to finance a border race war and "start a revolution against the government". They targeted the Flores home, which had neither money nor drugs, based on dubious information. They convinced Flores to let them in by claiming to be law-enforcement officers seeking fugitives, then shot him point-blank in the head when he questioned them and wounded his wife, Gina Gonzalez. And then, while she pleaded for her life, they shot Brisenia in cold blood in the head. (Her sister, fortunately, was sleeping over at a friend's.)

I suggest you listen to the 911 call on the link, it's quite something.

The scum who did this are giving a bad name to the Minutemen project... and they are just monsters, I hope they get the death penalty.

This being nowhere in the news is quite disgusting really.
edit on 23-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'd be reluctant to use the term minutemen in this case.
These folks are simply murderers if the allegations are correct.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I hope that they get convicted and spend a long time in jail. I wrote elsewhere about rightwing terrorists and someone could not get their heads around such a concept. I hope that some people can realise there must be limits.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Ah yes. The no true scotsman fallacy. Time-honored and always a hoot.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
That is crazy! These people are complete trash! I feel terrible for the victims of these thugs. They don't represent anything patriotic, just completely misguided, racist murderers.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Might want to change the thread title-it says in the article they were "an offshoot" of the Minutemen- real Minutemen would not behave this way.....

edit on 23-1-2011 by Skippy1138 because: Clarification

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The source indicates the title of this thread to be nothing more than hyperbolic tripe.

There was NOTHING listed that would implicate the Minutemen to this. Hell, any group of yahoos can call themselves something mainstream. This is really a poor thread compared to many I've seen and flagged by the OP. Then again, the source itself is questionable at best so I would expect such hyperbole and would then do my own research prior to making weakly based claims.

edit on 23-1-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

Indeed, one of the things we look forward most to learning from this trial is the extent to which Minutemen cofounder Jim Gilchrist was involved: there is a considerable likelihood it will turn out he tipped off Forde that federal authorities were looking for her in connection with the murders.

Should this considerable likeliehood be proven false, Jim needs to sue for libel to shut this sort of yellow journalism down.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Come on Vitch, your better than this! That is unless you have become totally agenda driven.
The website is a wildly liberal blog, who's self proclaimed purpose to drive right wingers nuts.
They say their MIGHT be some connection to a minuteman founder. Staying just short of slander, and probably facts.
They criticize Fox news for not running the story, but they don't condone CNN, MSNBC, etc.
Sorry Vitchy, but ya just lost a whole lot of respect from me and others I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nocents

Sorry Vitchy, but ya just lost a whole lot of respect from me and others I'm sure.

I can think of one other. This was nothing more than a hit piece with libel written all over it based on the exceptionally poor journalism...if you can call it that.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nocents

I don't really care where the story is, I just report it. Yes it's on a hardcore ``left wing`` website. Still, facts are facts, this happened and those scumbags were linked to the Minutemen.

At which degree, we won't know until after the trial.

And as I said in my OP, those people called themselves ``part of Minutemen`` but they were just thieves, racist scum and murderers.

Now of course if a lot of the info in the link is BS and lies from the author, the leader of the Minutemen need to sue them.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by nocents

I don't really care where the story is, I just report it. Yes it's on a hardcore ``left wing`` website. Still, facts are facts, this happened and those scumbags were linked to the Minutemen.

And as I said in my OP, those people called themselves ``part of Minutemen`` but they were just thieves, racist scum and murderers.

Now of course if a lot of the info in the link is BS and lies from the author, the leader of the Minutemen need to sue them.

Still facts are facts??? That piece of yellow journalism was nothing but opinion and almost completely devoid of facts.

Pathetic. I'll triple check anything else you post.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by nocents

Still facts are facts??? That piece of yellow journalism was nothing but opinion and almost completely devoid of facts.

Is this better?

americanconservativedaily.com

Here's where they tried to pin the attacks on Obama.

Husband Also Shot about a week ago
Here’s link to her husband’s shooting: (He also is alive at last report in intensive care ) AK 47 was used in attack ( police source )
www.heraldnet.com...
This is just the beginning, The new administration’s attitude about illegal immigration will only embolden more attacks on anyone who resists this invasion….

Followed later by a correction from the Moderator:

Libertarian Prince (Moderator) on June 15th, 2009 12:42 pm
Update: Shawna has been arrested for murder including that of a 9-year-old purportedly looking for money. Trial will determine her guilt or innocence in the matter.
It should also be noted that MAD or Minuteman American Defense is not “the Minutemen”.

oops.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Absolutely! Thanks for clearing all of that up for us....

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem

If only posters on this board were so vigilant and thorough in triple-checking the stuff they agree with. Really? You're complaining about a piece of, as you put it, "yellow journalism" on ATS? Why, 'cause it comes from a source other than Daniel Pipes or FreeRepublic?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
See here for data and facts..

For example..She was part of the Minutemen.

But the Minutemen kicked her out claiming she was "unstable'.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join