It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Secret" English base in Northern Enlgand, P.S hi.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by superteve

Sorry to ruin your fun dude

Oh welcome to ATS by the way

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

No more fun guessing what it might be, but yes, I kind of new if it was anything even remotely secret it wouldn't be within eye distance of the M25.

*Sigh*.

Another "mystery solved"

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Cheers!
I've been on here for a while, never joined as most "good" topics end up being ruined by nonesense, unfounded claims and irrational thinking.

I guess I become irrational, mistaking water for something more....

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by superteve
reply to post by PuterMan

No more fun guessing what it might be, but yes, I kind of new if it was anything even remotely secret it wouldn't be within eye distance of the M25.

*Sigh*.

Another "mystery solved"

Well... don't forget a LOT of secret bases are disguised as other things. I mean... Burtonwood air base is supposedly unused these days, although some people still see vehicles coming and going to supposedly empty hangars.

Don't be perturbed, your curiosity is very welcome on ATS

edit on 23-1-2011 by mr-lizard because: typo

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Actually people this isn't a reservoir, I'm in the army I was based at Preston fir four years it's used as storage I can't tell you what for but it's nothing that's of intrest, you would walk in and say to yourself is that it?

Don't worry nothing that's secret or extravagant lol

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I shall try to be level headed and insightful, too many people here are irrational and overlook the obvious.
Everything can be twisted, by anyone, there has to be some sense of reality, even if reality itself is questionable.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Yeah, Theres actually a Military Bunker near me That is completely hidden and Not Known about , Apart from by people round here

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples
Actually people this isn't a reservoir, I'm in the army I was based at Preston fir four years it's used as storage I can't tell you what for but it's nothing that's of intrest, you would walk in and say to yourself is that it?

Don't worry nothing that's secret or extravagant lol

So is it a former water storage location, or was that something thrown around to divert from it's former usage, perhaps military related, before this now "uninteresting" use you describe?!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

Yeah, Nothing extravagant...Meaning Water

edit on 23/1/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

If you say so I know what's there I've been inside it's nothing special

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Ah, I give up on the wrenched thing. I just don't see the need for such security around water,- I mean there are enough cameras there to secure a nuclear power plant.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Never has and never will be water storage

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

What's inside then?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Sounds stupid but I can't tell you but I promise you it's nothing top secret I can hint you in the right direction it's used for storage of things that would harm in the wrong hands that's it and dint start thinking nukes lol

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Its quite a substantial Pumping station for the area as well, With a fair amount of equipment in there it would seem, I would expect it to be Guarded, If you think about it why would they Make something that "Apparently" Is been kept secret to be So obvious Especially if it was a cover-up, Then again whats the point in a cover up if theres Nothing in "Amazing" In there?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm done here not wasting my time anymore I've told you what's in there don't believe me I don't really care, ok it's water storage happy.

Happy investigating all you might find out there's aliens in there

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

I've not hinted at aliens, or nuclear weapons or anything. I've said, all I am wondering is what is inside or a rough usage.

There's a link there, which suggests pretty solidly, that it is water storage, which figures.

You've said it has this use, again nothing really interesting.

I just wondered what it was used for, or who by, i'm not alluding to any conspiracy. My OP says that I doubt this is anything "secret", hence why secret was in quotes too.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
That reservoir is just near Weeton Barracks, there's more likely to be something there if anywhere

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Just one thing. Can you tell me why BOTH of these structures have an entrance 3 metres below the roof line? You would not expect that for a reservoir.

That may have been it's original purpose but it could now be a storage facility.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
WESTBY & WEETON RESERVOIRS

Westby Reservoir was brought into service on 22nd February 1929 with a capacity of 36 million gallons to receive water from the Hodder Aqueduct. When originally constructed the reservoir had no roof and the Fylde Water Board employed a full time seagull scarer!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join