It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Pianist Plays Anti American Tune At Obama's State Dinner for China

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
But china doesn't come off looking bad in this one. It's the U.S. led by an obviously naive and out of his league obama that really comes off looking bad.

The only people who look bad here are those getting all whipped up over a song.
It really just illustrates the fact that we still have freedom here, even the freedom to sing a song that doesn't show us in the best light at a state dinner.

Try that in China...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
i think some people need to do a little more research on china. although their economy is growing, they still have over 700 million people living in abject poverty, another 150 million people with "jobs" that barely allow them to survive, massive amounts of air and water pollution, food supplies that have little or no oversite as to their safety.
politically, they are fighting off the element of freedom that is manifesting itself in the form of protests and anger at the centralized government. china's legal system is fueling alot of distrust and animosity toward the government, their police and local law enforcement are corrupt, and excepting bribes is a common practice. all is not so rosy in china, believe me, they are still in a precarious situation with their own internal problems.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
i think some people need to do a little more research on china. although their economy is growing, they still have over 700 million people living in abject poverty, another 150 million people with "jobs" that barely allow them to survive, massive amounts of air and water pollution, food supplies that have little or no oversite as to their safety.
politically, they are fighting off the element of freedom that is manifesting itself in the form of protests and anger at the centralized government. china's legal system is fueling alot of distrust and animosity toward the government, their police and local law enforcement are corrupt, and excepting bribes is a common practice. all is not so rosy in china, believe me, they are still in a precarious situation with their own internal problems.

It seems that America has a lot in common with China, after all !

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by FlyersFan

Damn. Ashton Kucher should have popped out and announced "you got punk'd!"

That would have been freaking funny as hell to see... LOL

Maybe, the Chinese Govt' should have hired him as well as paying for all those students to come welcome their chairman..hehe

This is an Idea they should keep for the next time...hehe

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
China does not own a thing in the USA, there just rude very very very rude do you expect the leader to be any different?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I mean seriously all the USA has to do to stop China is stop feeding them. Or stop all production there and the war is won.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Chinese people are wise people.

But unfortunately, the illegitimate govt of China - CCP - are only fools.

They knew that song would be played, and thought they had stage a remarkable propaganda coup against the 'jackals', s'n-word'ing with each other during an official invited State dinner.

They are fools. 2 can play the game.

While they were s'n-word'ing away, and their 30 million cardwaving bootlickers laughing outright, it is the Americans who will have the last laugh with that song being played, a remembrance of the korean war, for it only reminds the CCP of its defeat in Nkorea.

Had Gen MacArthur, the aknowledged American Caesar, been listened to, and allowed to press on with reinforcements, there would have been no CCP govt at all, and the chinese masses freed to live under a democracy led first by the KMT party, then followed by more matured form of representatives of govt. The mighty post world war 2 era USA chased the NK troops back to the north, and China's CCP nearly had a heart attack and feared Gen MacArthur will surge beyond Nk and into China mainland.

The CCP should have been embarassed by that song instead of laughing at a supposed coup, for those who in the know who had been born during that precarious era They were peeing in their pants with their pathetic rifles.

That the song had been played, the message to the CCP is that if its bullying and rudeness continues, and play-offs are necessary today, courageous Americans will gladly take to the field and finish what Gen. MacArthur was denied to perform.

And to think that the CCP buffoons are laughing. The joke had been played on them. And not a whimper. Told yer the CCP clowns are fools.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black
I think about those rounded up, as they wear their winter clothes, a hand made sweater, a leather coat, standing at the walls of a grave, in full sunlight. And then I consider the bullets piercing the heads, shot by uniformed goons in stylish, wide, sunglasses. Sometimes I reach for a guitar.

In full sunlight.

Don't they know what this means?

science.nasa.gov...

edit on 23-1-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

I read your NASA link. What are you going on about?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
China owns the USA anyway

USA and Islam owns Britain

Get used to it, far worse to come.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

The song is a patriot tune, but it's association to that movie is merely the same way that "ride of the valkyries" is associated to apocalypse Now.

So yes, there is doubt.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
We need some Anti-Chinese songs to get back at them!!!

Hrrmmm...

Maybe, we can get Kanye and Wayne to preform a couple of their auto-tune songs featuring the Dahlia Llama next time we decide to roll into the corporate-toxic-waste-dump that is China. That sure will piss em off..

edit on 23-1-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

Haha, That would atleast certainly piss me off..
To insult Dalai-lama with that kind of a lame feature. Fo real..

Peace
edit on 24/1/2011 by Triztheone because: ..

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This may or may not be true, regardless of that fact this highlights something simple: individuals are just that, unique independent units and are all susceptible to "backwards" train of thought. There is definitely a sense of the male-dominated, border-line arrogance in aspects of Chinese leadership, and through various individual's beliefs, mostly formed in China, by China (propaganda). People talk about how corrupt and awful the U.S. and the power structure is here, but if you would just give me a f'in break and realize that the level of corruption and anti-humanism in the vast majority of other countries is just as bad, if not worse, then you'd stop giving into an extremely pre-programmed train of thought (when in Rome).

It's pretty ironic, because everyone apparently needs to scapegoat something (U.S.) despite the fact that these Chinese people and some of the anti-American posters here exhibit extreme hypocrisy and anti-humanism.

I live in the United States, and believe me, if some over bearing, power lusting, male-dominated society is attempting or will attempt to destroy the country through any means, both indirect or direct, i will be extremely angry...and yes i am a male, but im personally a believer in balance.

Remember, China does not own the U.S., that in itself was a propagated lie to get people to fear China, the U.S. PEOPLE own by far the majority of our own assets and wealth. We must fight consumer mental programming; if we stop consuming so damn much, and companies stop selling their souls to outsourcing to China for cheap labor and production, and instead focus on quality products, then prices would go up, people would complain like idiots, but then they would consume less, and the debt to China would be paid off so fast it's ridiculous because manufacturing would be back in our own hands. So as long as the China products are rolling in, cheap, lead, and all, then we still fuel them. We essentially created the Chinese economy, Japan has had to follow the lead of the U.S. in terms of banking and regulatory alterations to compensate for economic issue and corruption too. China would do better in working toward what they supposedly are about (harmony) and we all as nations should strive to be helpful toward one another. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

If China thinks taking the U.S. down is the key, they should be prepared for their own destruction, whilst those individuals that were subjected to their form of tyranny would finally be allowed freedom of knowledge and thought...anything but is a crime against humanity.

Don't be foolish. The eye is always watching you China, as it does the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
The song is a patriot tune, but it's association to that movie is merely the same way that "ride of the valkyries" is associated to apocalypse Now.

So yes, there is doubt.

Did you read the article? It sounds like it symbolizes anti-Americanism for all Chinese.

It doesn't sound like just a "patriotic" tune that people play all the time for no particular reason, with no particular meaning behind it. They KNOW what it represents.
edit on 24-1-2011 by Riposte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by subject x

I agree. So what, we (America) have TV shows making fun of the Chinese, seems fair that they are able to criticize us as well. If it makes them feel good go for it, they wouldn't be the only nationality with anti-American propaganda.

China does not own the US, that is just a ridiculous exaggeration of our countries economic ties.
edit on 24-1-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Triztheone

[color=#00CCCC]Let the Lamas sing. Sing Lamas, sing.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
we (America) have TV shows making fun of the Chinese, seems fair that they are able to criticize us as well.

- what TV shows do we have making fun of the Chinese?
- don't you think that a State Dinner at the White House is a different venue than a hollywood sitcom?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Wow

What a fragile combined ego you all have to take this so badly.

Get over it, it's a traditional chinese song that is actually played in public meetings / state dinners ALL THE TIME !
You're nothing special, you just can't take other peoples cultures the way they're intended.

It's not all about america.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Well, watch comedy central for a while and you will see a few of them. Yes, it is different, more people pay attention to Hollywood than they do publicly translated state dinners, why do you think nobody cares except the people on ATS and similar boards?

reply to post by Dachende

We ARE something special, you get over it. How do you think the modern world came to be?

Every government in the world has its problems and everybody has some issues with all of them. I'm sorry if I sound like a bigot, but that's not illegal here or on the internet.
edit on 24-1-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
LOL, too funny, and I say that as an American. Maybe next visit Obama can get a pianist to play the opening song from "Red Dawn". All other communist movies pale in comparison of its awesomeness. WOLVERINES!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Oh .. one last thing .. FREE TIBET!!
There .. I said it. The Communists made sure the signs weren't seen in DC.
But I can still say it here .. (for now anyways).

See you are jumping on the "free tibet" band wagon. Yeah, free tibet then watch it turn into the mess it was before the Chinese took control. Im not saying China has been perfect in tibet, but most people shouting the "free tibet" don't even know what tibet was like before Chinese control.

I guess you think that the tibetin people lived in peace and harmony under the lama?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join