It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish Circumsision - Child Molestation or Religous Freedom?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I came across this article the other day, Its from I thought it was kind of shocking. This is not to debate weather circumcision is child abuse or anything, but the simple fact that Rabbi's actually put their mouths on the child's penis after performing the procedure.

The practice is known as oral suction, or in Hebrew, metzitzah b'peh: after removing the foreskin of the penis, the practitioner, or mohel, sucks the blood from the wound to clean it.

www.nytimes.com...

I see alot of talk about crazy muslim rituals, but this one seems to take the cake in my opinion. If I got caught doing this I'd probably be thrown in prison.

For the record I'm not taking up for Islam, I think all these religions are a little wacky.
edit on 23-1-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
A grown man sucking on a bloody baby penis sounds like sadistic child molestation to me.
Second verse same as the first.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

This is strictly a Jewish practice. And it's quite old. It's called a "blood ritual". Personally, I think it's abominable. But I'm sure orthodox Jews see it quite differently. Anyway, heres a link for further study if you want a better understanding of it.

Blood Ritual

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
For all your information and more: Ask the Jew on ATS!
Circumcision
Brit Milah
Why do we have circumcision?
OUCH!!

When in doubt ask the Rabbis (Experts)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

edit on 23/1/2011 by PinkAndBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I wouldn't call it molestation as much as genital mutilation. It removes nearly all of the fine touch nerve endings on the penis and it gets rid of the protective covering of the glans as well as the inbuilt glide motion...

It's pure and simple genital mutilation of infants. It's removing of functional tissue.

Now, if you want to do it when you're an adult...well...it's your penis, not mine. But forcing it on a children?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
A classic Marx Brothers (cut) gag.

Groucho gathers up a lady friend's bags.

Lady Friend: Got everything?

Groucho: Haven't had any complaints yet.

Don't cut the frenulum, and everything will be just be fine.

Ask the man who drives one.

Groucho, I mean.

BTW, the thread title refers to "Jewish" circumcision, I guess to get that image of the mohel going down on the infant. They actually have other ways of dealing with the blood. And Gentile circumcision is not uncommon in the United States. Not so much in Europe, and variable from place to place elsewhere.

There are plenty of secular public health reasons to consider circumcision.

But I suppose any excuse to accuse believers of outrage must be exploited. Those fanatical public health people must be stopped.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Firstly circumsision is not Jewish , this pratice was taken from Ancient Egypt! And is depicted in art in the pyrmids long before they left for the land known as ISRAEL, ISIS-RA-EL .Even the end of prayer is Egyptian AMEN .Google Amen and Egypt and you will find millions of referances .The blood drinking ritual was and is forbidden , yet they continue to practice vampirism.
Back on topic , as a circumsised male I have no mental scars or disfunction .In fact I heartedly recommend it .Their is no loss of sensation and I tire of hearing this it is false .Once a circumsised woman once told me that she could not climb a set of stairs with out climax .It is far more hygenic and healthy and statisticly is shown that those who have this done are less likely to catch disease including HIV.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

I think the question is whether or not you consider this particular ritual "religious freedom" or "molestation".

What's your opinion?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Yes the topic was, is a grown man sucking fresh blood off of an infant's penis, child molestation? If not why?

I am against circumcision myself (even though I am circumcised). I didn't circumcise my son. I didn't make that the subject because there are many threads on that here.

Also on those threads, there were a few posters who got circumcised as and adult (for medical reasons) and they said it was the worst pain they've ever experienced in their life, even days after.

Personally someone drinking another's blood gives me the heebie jeebies as it is. hehe

EDIT: as you can see from my link, blood drinking is still practiced. Not sure what vampirism is, can you explain.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
For me religion does not even enter into the equasion , but as far as the vampirism that is indeed a violation on many levels that would be a new thread in it's self even going beyound sexual molestation .This is not even a question in modern Western Hospitals where this proceedure is done .I don't think this helps your question though .

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You are way out of line to question circumcision. It has nothing to do with Judaism. It is a procedure that insures hygiene. Non-circumcised men have a much higher rate of STD's and infection from uncleanliness as the foreskin traps all manner of bacteria, bodily fluids and germs. All you did was post a link to the NYT; a notorious anti-semitic rag of a newspaper. You should do your homework before showing your ignorance on a subject.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewanger
You are way out of line to question circumcision. It has nothing to do with Judaism. It is a procedure that insures hygiene. Non-circumcised men have a much higher rate of STD's and infection from uncleanliness as the foreskin traps all manner of bacteria, bodily fluids and germs. All you did was post a link to the NYT; a notorious anti-semitic rag of a newspaper. You should do your homework before showing your ignorance on a subject.

I could be wrong but isn't the publisher for the NYT Jewish? Arthur Ochs Sulzberger, Jr.

Maybe not.

Anyways, I didn't question circumcision that isn't the debate. The debate is (I'll say it again)
When a grown man Rabbi sucks blood off an infants penis is it child molestation? Or is it ok because of his religion.

Are you saying this practice doesn't exist?

en.wikipedia.org... ?????

I have done my homework.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Yes the topic was, is a grown man sucking fresh blood off of an infant's penis, child molestation? If not why?

I am against circumcision myself (even though I am circumcised). I didn't circumcise my son. I didn't make that the subject because there are many threads on that here.

Also on those threads, there were a few posters who got circumcised as and adult (for medical reasons) and they said it was the worst pain they've ever experienced in their life, even days after.

Personally someone drinking another's blood gives me the heebie jeebies as it is. hehe

EDIT: as you can see from my link, blood drinking is still practiced. Not sure what vampirism is, can you explain.

The drinking of blood is vampirism , example vampire such as dracula ( Oprah Winfrey and the Queen :lol
.Vampirism is not fictional , and is practiced in many cultures past and present .

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Christ fulfilled the need for circumcision, bringing it to that of the heart; but there are still many so ready to molest that part of the innocent, too.

It will be a joyful Day, when this perversion is all blotted from our existence. The only comfort is that it is temporal.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I think your picture says it for itself. You embarrass yourself.

new topics

top topics

join