It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bath Salts; A Growing Drug Problem?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
(FULTON, Miss. — When Neil Brown got high on dangerous chemicals sold as bath salts, he took his skinning knife and slit his face and stomach repeatedly. Brown survived, but authorities say others haven't been so lucky after snorting, injecting or smoking powders with such innocuous-sounding names as Ivory Wave, Red Dove and Vanilla Sky.

Some say the effects of the powders are as powerful as abusing methamphetamine. Increasingly, law enforcement agents and poison control centers say the advertised bath salts with complex chemical names are an emerging menace in several U.S. states where authorities talk of banning their sale."
(Copied from The Huffington Post)

I have never heard of this before! Does anyone know if these are just regular bath salts or a drug packaged as bath salts? I mean if they are just bath salts, and people are snorting them to get high, should they be made illegal? If people started to drink hairspray to get high would they try to regulate that too?

I have a hangnail that got infected and I'm soaking it in hot water and epsom salt. I not going to smoke it, snort it or inject it, just soaking in it! I promise.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I think the people dumb enough to misuse bath salts like that need to die thats less stupid in the world right there. Since America has gone ban happy I can see a nationwide ban on bath salts for the protection of the more of the useless of the useless eaters. It's stories about people that stupid that make me long for the days of natural selection, not to mention I'm sure crack and meth are cheaper than bath salts.
edit on 23-1-2011 by Silverado292 because: Grammer

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Bath salts are no more than doctored up rock salt,with added fragrances. Salt added to your bath makes the water more soft and leaves your skin feeling smooth. I once witnessed someone snorting salt once,and it wasn't pretty! It will make your nose burn and make mucus run out for a while.

I think this Bath salt they are talking about may be some kind of designer drug like a type of X or meth combo. I doubt snorting bath salts would be worth anyone's while.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Theres another thread on this here

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Ive never heard of this before i cant imagine snorting bath salts..Im wondering if this is just the name of the drug and its something else..but a good thread thanks! I watched this progam once on tv about addicts that were huffing duster the spray can stuff used to clean your key boards that blew me away ..I just cant imagine doing any of this to ones body but this kinda stuff goes on every day..

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join