It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cop repeatedly punching a 53 year old woman in the face

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans

Originally posted by 23refugee
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

That's how we differ. Even if she ran me off the road, I'd still have enough self-restraint to keep me from hitting a 53 year old woman repeatedly in the face.

Well I bet if you or your child were hurt or worse killed after she ran you off the road I'm sure you would have such utter support for this "victim".
I'll assume the same eye-for-an-eye reaction would be justified should an officer beat my diabetic mother senseless.
edit on 23-1-2011 by 23refugee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthXninja

Originally posted by Gainsayer
If you want to run from the Police, that's your choice. You don't have the right to endanger countless other citizens, however. What if she would have ran over a child? YOUR child? Your grandma, or sister, or brother? I don't support police brutality, but if striking a resisting woman in the face to ensure she doesn't floor the gas pedal and run over a Peace officer, I'm fine with that.

Well I hope you're okay with me punching you or your wife in the face for speeding in a school zone. Could be putting children at risk. Definitely warrants a punch to the face by a concerned citizen...

But seriously though. The cops also don't have the right to take the law into their own hands and punish criminals. She was stopped and outnumbered. They could have detained her easily at that point, which is their job. The courts would have decided her punishment. That is the way it is supposed to be. You can't tell me you really think he didn't hit her out of anger... She pissed him off and made his job tougher... He got angry and hit her when he had the chance hiding behind the law... If I hit every customer that made my job hard and pissed me off I'd be fired and in jail.
edit on 23-1-2011 by stealthXninja because: (no reason given)

Do you deal with drunks, drug addicts, murderers, psychopaths etc who also carry weapons and have no respect for the law and its your job to stop them every day?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

That's how we differ. Even if she ran me off the road, I'd still have enough self-restraint to keep me from hitting a 53 year old woman repeatedly in the face.

Well I bet if you or your child were hurt or worse killed after she ran you off the road I'm sure you would have such utter support for this "victim".

It doesn't matter if she hit someone or not, cops can't attack people. It isn't their job to punish anyone. The more they get away with it, the more they will do it for less and less reason. It sets precedents when people don't outcry against it. Like I said in an earlier post, it would be like if someone killed your wife or child. You don't have the right to take the law into your own hand and kill them. If you did, you would be in jail.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
All these people claiming they do these things just to "keep us safe".

Punching a little ol' lady several times through the glass with black leather gloves....hmmmmm.

Shootin' a little ol' man on a no-knock raid as he scrambles for his only defense....

Wrong address again...

Sorry again...

Some of these cops are on steroids and some the same drugs as the people they are after when they claim to be protecting US?!

The same rules should apply, many people are more afraid of aggressive cops than the crooks!!!
edit on 23-1-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

And I bet that if this happened to you and you punched the driver repeatedly in the face for it, however much you feel it's justified, you would definately go to jail - guaranteed. You still assaulted someone, whatever the reason.

So why shouldn't this 'perp' go to jail too.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I don't work at a job like that but it doesn't matter. That isn't relevant to the topic. Being a cop is their career choice. That doesn't give them the right to break the law and abuse their power. If they can't handle the stress that the job brings without remaining professional then they need a different career path. The job is not an excuse... They don't have to be cops. Nice try though. Why can't anyone at any job act like that then? If someone breaks a law then anyone should be able to beat the crap out of them? At my first job, we had druggies steal from the store all the time. We caught them and called police. Should we have beaten them? Is that our right to punish criminals while on the job?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

It is up to the judge and jury to decide her guilt and punishment - not the cops. That is true even if she killed someone, which she did not and in fact, was not even charged with any crime at all! The cop needs to be charged with a crime. Her beat that woman and he has no legal right to do that. The rule of law matters!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

It doesn't matter if she hit someone or not, cops can't attack people. It isn't their job to punish anyone. The more they get away with it, the more they will do it for less and less reason. It sets precedents when people don't outcry against it. Like I said in an earlier post, it would be like if someone killed your wife or child. You don't have the right to take the law into your own hand and kill them. If you did, you would be in jail.

LOL. How do you suppose cops get handcuff on people who resist? Beg? He didn't attack anyobody he was ending the situation. If he jumped out of his car and started punching somebody through the window who was just sitting at a light then that would be an attack.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
i salute you and dooby for your patience , it seems to me a lot of people cant seem to grasp that
cop does not = JUDGE
judges get paid serious dough so let them do their job yeah ?
Finally if we dont speak out NOW the cops will become worse PLEASE dont defend them you are giving them carte blanche to play gods . I go back again to rodney king , the camera, so important, the only real non lethal weapon we have USE IT !!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

And I bet that if this happened to you and you punched the driver repeatedly in the face for it, however much you feel it's justified, you would definately go to jail - guaranteed. You still assaulted someone, whatever the reason.

I beg to differ. I most likely wouldn't go to jail and if I did would be found not guilty by a jury if charges were filed.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

Amen! I have been trying to get this point across for several pages. It's nice to read your posts. The reason cops do abuse their power so much is because so many people hail them as superior beings above all others. People forget that cops are just people like us and their title is just a job. The more times this stuff happens, the more people will run. They will be scared of what could happen if they pull over.

link   
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

I can see that you've only recently signed up to our little site, and I am sure someone out there is fine with your adolescent comment. However, the mentality, or lack of, by you is the very thing I wish to see removed from this world. So, it's against the law to run from the police. As well, there are very specific punishments in place for doing so, and no ordinance anywhere says that running from police carries a beating as a sentence.

Since you seem to think that someone like. . .say your Grandmother. . .should be punched, sorry "slapped", by and officer for not listening is absolute immoral stance to take on what is supposed to be your fellow man, I assume that your personality immaturity would allow YOU to beat an old woman with no remorse as well, were you the cop.

It's mentality such as yours, or yours as you project, that degrades the foundation of humanity. Now, of course I mean this as no insult, mind you. It would be an insult if what I've said were not founded on evidence provided by your post.
As well, you haven't considered the possibility of a medical condition from which seizures may be present, or any other sort of situation that might compromise her state of mind. It does happen.
Should I be so wrong in jumping to conclusions, then I most sincerely apologize, however, I do not believe this to be the circumstance. Do you mind if I ask just what it was that brought you here?

edit on 23-1-2011 by Divine Strake because: (no reason given)

link   
I can't wait till the Cartels start having huge turf wars in the USA....

Than maybe the cops will have REAL CRIMINALS to worry about for once.

They are getting real soft and bored obviously, beating up old women and shooting innocent people etc.

They need something legit to deal with, that's all I'm saying.

Beating up old ladies is pretty lame...

link   

I don't work at a job like that but it doesn't matter. That isn't relevant to the topic. Being a cop is their career choice. That doesn't give them the right to break the law and abuse their power. If they can't handle the stress that the job brings without remaining professional then they need a different career path. The job is not an excuse... They don't have to be cops. Nice try though. Why can't anyone at any job act like that then? If someone breaks a law then anyone should be able to beat the crap out of them? At my first job, we had druggies steal from the store all the time. We caught them and called police. Should we have beaten them? Is that our right to punish criminals while on the job?

Ah so it doesn't matter yet you don't deal with what they do. Did they know she had a weapon or not, she was jacked up on PCP who knows. When you run all that comes into play so don't judge until you wear others shoes.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123

It is up to the judge and jury to decide her guilt and punishment - not the cops. That is true even if she killed someone, which she did not and in fact, was not even charged with any crime at all! The cop needs to be charged with a crime. Her beat that woman and he has no legal right to do that. The rule of law matters!

Gotta get em to the judge first. I guess they should have just let her go at the scene? In your eyes it seems like a yes to me. Of course he has the legal right to suppress a person who is running from the police via whatever means he thinks is necessary. Guess she should have remembered that. Oops she was to impaired to remember much of anything according to your previous post.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Ah so it doesn't matter yet you don't deal with what they do. Did they know she had a weapon or not, she was jacked up on PCP who knows. When you run all that comes into play so don't judge until you wear others shoes.

He could have just as easily pulled her out of the car and cuffed her. There were enough hands there to get some cuffs on her. You really think he needed to hit her five times in the face? Give me a break. I don't hope that you become the victim of police brutality, but maybe that would give you a different outlook.
And again, no I don't deal with what they do, but if they can't handle it they can find another job.. All you gave me were what if's... So it's okay that they treat everyone like they have a weapon that they are going to use? Well just in case they have a weapon, better to just beat them to a pulp rather than find out... Awesome logic...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divine Strake
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

I can see that you've only recently signed up to our little site, and I am sure someone out there is fine with your adolescent comment. However, the mentality, or lack of, by you is the very thing I wish to see removed from this world. So, it's against the law to run from the police. As well, there are very specific punishments in place for doing so, and no ordinance anywhere says that running from police carries a beating as a sentence.

Since you seem to think that someone like. . .say your Grandmother. . .should be punched, sorry "slapped", by and officer for not listening is absolute immoral stance to take on what is supposed to be your fellow man, I assume that your personality immaturity would allow YOU to beat an old woman with no remorse as well, were you the cop.

It's mentality such as yours, or yours as you project, that degrades the foundation of humanity. Now, of course I mean this as no insult, mind you. It would be an insult if what I've said were not founded on evidence provided by your post.
As well, you haven't considered the possibility of a medical condition from which seizures may be present, or any other sort of situation that might compromise her state of mind. It does happen.
Should I be so wrong in jumping to conclusions, then I most sincerely apologize, however, I do not believe this to be the circumstance. Do you mind if I ask just what it was that brought you here?

Ah so you are te arbitrator of the site now? I'm degrading humanity by saying this woman running from the police was in the wrong? If that is your stance I suggest you move somewhere anarchy reigns. You appear would fit right in. If she was having seizures she shouldn't be driving in the first place.

What brings me here is none of your business nor mine why you peruse this site. If you don't agree thats fine but saying that I want my grandmother slapped around and I'm taking some sort of immoral stance on society is simply ridiculous. The one immoral is the one defending law breakers in my eyes if you want to play that game.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

He could have just as easily pulled her out of the car and cuffed her. There were enough hands there to get some cuffs on her. You really think he needed to hit her five times in the face? Give me a break. I don't hope that you become the victim of police brutality, but maybe that would give you a different outlook.
And again, no I don't deal with what they do, but if they can't handle it they can find another job.. All you gave me were what if's... So it's okay that they treat everyone like they have a weapon that they are going to use? Well just in case they have a weapon, better to just beat them to a pulp rather than find out... Awesome logic...

Like I said when one runs from the police all those scenarios are put into play. If she simply pulled over none of this would have happened. SHE brought it on herself no matter how much you want to blame the evil cops for what transpired.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

I beg to differ. I most likely wouldn't go to jail and if I did would be found not guilty by a jury if charges were filed.

So maybe you should instead be punched repeatedly in the face by a cop as punishment for your crime?

You can't possibly disagree. This is your logic.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Like I said when one runs from the police all those scenarios are put into play. If she simply pulled over none of this would have happened. SHE brought it on herself no matter how much you want to blame the evil cops for what transpired.

You didn't really answer much there... You think it's okay for cops to beat people for disobeying them... It's just wrong. I don't really wanna go back and forth anymore as we obviously strongly disagree. Unless a cop is defending themselves from an attack, they shouldn't be punching anyone in the face. Running away is hardly an attack that warrants a beating...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join