It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earnings onslaught coming - but Wall Street may not care

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Earnings onslaught coming - but Wall Street may not care

money.cnn.com

Nearly half of the companies in the Dow Jones industrial average are scheduled to release quarterly reports this week, and expectations are very high. But don't be surprised if stocks have a muted reaction to stronger-than-anticipated profits and sales.

The stock market has grown "complacent," traders say, and it's going to take more than blockbuster earnings and strong economic data to move it higher. What that could be, though, no one was certain.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
QE = Booms. Booms = Busts. This is the formula you can expect to live with, as long as there is a central bank.

Watch out for "higher than expected" returns, followed by total collapse.

They will use snake oil like "tired", and "resting" to describe a lull between the norm, but don't be fooled. It is the norm.

Get your money out of speculation. Get it into energy. Get into water. You are probably not rich enough for gold and silver, ignore them except for enough to trade with.

I reccomend a "Survival Dime Bank" of sorts. Some brokers sell them, and with tax return just around the corner, it's worth the investment. Silver will go up for another year, but it will not be sold on any market as a commodity when you really need it.

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Silver is 27 dollars on spot right now. If that is too expensive you are just broke. You can go to a local coin dealer right now and get it.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I am starting my own business myself... a holding company..

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
What is a "dime savings bank"? Never heard of it. Are you suggesting buying silver dimes 1 by 1?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

I am also starting my own business. I am easing into it now as I slowly ease out of my old job. I plan to make the full transition before the end of the year.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Duplicate post, sorry.

edit on 23-1-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
What is a "dime savings bank"? Never heard of it. Are you suggesting buying silver dimes 1 by 1?

a Survival Dime Bank is a product offered by some silver brokers that is essentially $2,000 in current USD converted to dimes.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Thanks for the clarification.

top topics

join