It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Socio-Political Party

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Have you tired of the empty promises of politicians? Have you seen the “divide and conquer” successes in everything from school teams to country identities? Do you want the planet to coexist?

Perhaps you might consider the Ethical Planetarian Party.

What is the Ethical Planetarian Party? What are its goals and platform?

First, we stand for upholding the three Laws:

• Do not willfully harm or kill another Being

• Do not willfully take or damage another Being’s property

• Do not willfully defraud another Being

In other words, we choose to maintain civil interaction, face to face. The biological parent has precedence in the case of our children, unless there is evidence that these same Laws are not kept with them as well. They are Beings, too.

Second, we are predicated on the idea that Humans should be free to take advantage of the abundance of the planet by eliminating money.

Third, we strive to allow religious choice, believing that there are as many Callings as there are Beings, and as long as the Laws are kept, how One approaches that which One is, is to be respected.

Fourth, we expect the use of technology under these Laws, with peaceful intent, including free energy – the key to eliminating money. We know much is presently hidden in fear that we might exact retribution or follow folly, but we are of the opinion, based on evidence, that when Humans have no money, generosity and loving behavior is expended to help those in need. With technology we both have personal awareness of and much science and anecdote grasped, we know we can eliminate money as a necessity and provide abundance for everyone.

We are out to eliminate poverty.

Fifth, we will bring forth a website where problems can be brought up locally and people can “vote” to bump a problem up, down, show apathy by not voting, and chime in with solutions (which can be cheered and booed). Issues will drop off after the original poster indicates that the problem has been resolved or withdrawn, or there has been no activity after, say, six months (that is not set in stone).

Also, issues with some set number of bumps up will be considered issues that need a wider awareness and go to regional sections. From there, continental, perhaps, and then global, as more are needed to be involved in solving the problem. Problems will beget the awareness to solve them.

Without money as a motive, problems will be solved more creatively, directly, harmoniously, and within the three Laws.

Sixth, we are staunch in our support of an organic planet. Though hybridization is an awesome tool, genetically modifying organisms is NOT. Without money, there is no motivation to create GMO. We know that organics can produce on par yield and better nutrition than their petrochemically “fertilized” brethren. Any non-organic approaches to problems will be highly discouraged, unless it is seen that such a solution is the best.

Seventh, we see that, without money, we can build machines – robots – to do all necessary work. Without work as an “ethic,” we substitute a “betterment ethic,” and encourage all to look for ways – within the three Laws and with organic solutions prized – to improve conditions on this planet for everyone, and offer these ideas for consideration and possible action.

Eighth, we understand that virtually all crime is, on one level or another, related to money, and without money as motive, virtually all crime will vanish – leaving the very few, passion-related crimes for us to deal with. We will deal with all crime publicly, and those who care can and will decide each case. Most such choice of behavior will lead to social pariah-hood for the perpetrators.

Ninth, we support open source in all things we program. This allows for many to make suggestions for betterment, and ensures that no one will create outside the three Laws. It also eliminates “back doors,” and other surreptitious software segments that bog down the clean functioning of the program. Without money as a motive, programmers will be proud to offer their work for scrutinization and use, openly and freely. Status will be gained for creating the best programs.

Tenth, we understand that food waste is rampant with food distributed by profit, abundant as it is but poorly and/or untimely delivered. Without money, food distribution will be based on need and not profit, ensuring that waste is minimal, food is fresh for all (no one waiting for the wilted cast-offs), and readily available.

Though these approaches are revolutionary, we understand that if enough people are on board, a fresh, free, fun, and fulfilling life will be ours – and everyone else’s – as we choose. No one needs to change anything except where there is a problem – and then those who care are free to solve it within the three Laws.

Without money, bureaucracy will become unnecessary, vastly reducing paper use, and streamlining solutions. Jobs in banking, insurance, and other such money-related industries will disappear, and in their place, the opportunity to spend time as One wishes.

Transportation will be free – for ourselves, our food and product systems, and any other transportation needs. This offers the ability to go where One wishes, moving food to where it is needed, and other freedom we presently do not have, with transportation energy costing so much.

We are a planetary party and decry any solutions that maintain a “divide and conquer” attitude or outcome, including stateism, nationalism, partyism, teamism, etc. We are one species on one planet, and we seek to benefit the planet ethically and wholly.

edit on 1/23/2011 by Amaterasu because: code

edit on 1/23/2011 by Amaterasu because: typo

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Tenth, we understand that food waste is rampant with food distributed by profit, abundant as it is but poorly and/or untimely delivered. Without money, food distribution will be based on need and not profit, ensuring that waste is minimal, food is fresh for all (no one waiting for the wilted cast-offs), and readily available.

most people have no idea just how much food we throw away . . . there is an overabundance of food on this planet yet people are starving . . .

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Hundreds of thousands of tons are thrown out on a monthly basis (if not weekly) from supermarkets globally. Much more is passed to the poor after it has passed exp. date, or has wilted or turned brown around the edges.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

And that is the best compost in the world, think of the dry arid places which would benefit from good organic soil, it could be sent with seed on a yearly basis until they become sufficient.

Water treatment plants and desalination plants would create jobs and an economic base while allowing the crops to be watered and clean fresh water for drinking.

But wait, that is not what the agenda is all about now is it?

Also on part 7, I LOVE to work and as my 95 yro Grandpa told me "I would rather be sore and tired from a hard days work, than from sitting in my recliner thumbing the remote control!"

Work 'is' worship for many many people.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Whoa....

sign me up! I'm always ready for a new Party!!

The TPM folks usually need a nap around 3:00 pm.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by JPhish

And that is the best compost in the world, think of the dry arid places which would benefit from good organic soil, it could be sent with seed on a yearly basis until they become sufficient.

Water treatment plants and desalination plants would create jobs and an economic base while allowing the crops to be watered and clean fresh water for drinking.

But wait, that is not what the agenda is all about now is it?

Also on part 7, I LOVE to work and as my 95 yro Grandpa told me "I would rather be sore and tired from a hard days work, than from sitting in my recliner thumbing the remote control!"

Work 'is' worship for many many people.

And if work is worship, there's nothing stopping you from doing it. Unless you're a Loan Officer (other money industry) - in which case I'm sure there are programmers who would love to create games that let you decide whether someone gets a loan or not.

But frankly, having worked in banking at lower levels, I'm certain there are very close to none who would miss schlepping in five days a week to watch others get money while being paid peanuts.

With free energy, all we need is Dean Kamen's water purification device for the water we need... Robots could run anything (along side those who worship doing whatever it is).

And surely, other work would be available - if a solution needs hands, you can offer hands.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Whoa....

sign me up! I'm always ready for a new Party!!

The TPM folks usually need a nap around 3:00 pm.

Two official members now! All one has to do to be a member is to say they are a member - and pass the word along.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I will think about your proposal and give it thought. In the mean time I commend you for trying to come up with a solution rather than complaining! Good job OP

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yes, by all means sign me up also. Sounds very Constitutional to me. And a Constitutional government is just what this country needs right now. Basically a Democrat and a Republican are one and the same, with very little difference in the real world.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Hate to say it, but... this just just pollyannish pipe dreaming. It's sweet and nice and everything, but is also unfortunately unrealistic. You have two major flaws here.

1) The assumption that there is such a thing as "free energy." There's not. And I don't just mean that there will be a profit motive in there, but that all energy production requires resources. Solar, hydro, and geothermal power all require lots of infrastructure and constant care. Hydrogen requires not only infrastructure, but also takes up quite a bit of water. biofuel requires MASSIVE amounts of land and water, making it possibly worse than regular petroleum. Methane is more sustainable since you can make it with garbage... but again you need somewhere to make it and the infrastructure to move it and use it. All this costs resources, and all of it costs energy. Even if, for some reason there are no dollars involved, it's not free.

2) The assumption that all people are basically altruistic and looking out for everyone else. This is a flaw in a lot of utopian political philosophies, such as communism and Libertarianism, that people will be able to "get along" just fine, just so long as everyone else is a True Believer™. The sad truth is that humans are an inherently competitive and tribal species of primate, and have no inherent qualms about taking advantage of each other - up to and including causing direct harm, if the "need" is great enough. Even if the "everyone gets along" notion works out, all it takes is one sociopath to upset the entire system - I hate to draw comparisons to a movie, but Demolition Man could be an educational example of this.

Nice warm and fuzzy outlines, but needs some work.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Amaterasu,

I must say this was a brilliant read. You have put your points across very eloquently and the are defined by basic common sense logic.

On the contrary, the idea is not new. In fact many of you readers and subscribers of alternative media may have stumbled across the film the Zeitgeist. It just so happens that it’s the most watched documentary in internet history and the third installment recently premiered world wide. (To be released free online at www.zeitgeistmovie.com... Jan 25th)

The film advocates for a new society based on a Resource Based Economy originally developed by Jacques Fresco founder of The Venus Project (www.thevenusproject.com...)

For those of you with natural prepotency for intellectual stimulation and are fascinated by what I have said so far, please read my post on the topic of a Resource Based Economy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also please check out a film on the subject of Venus Project titled Future By Design

dotsub.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

So it's ok to harm or kill someone, take or damage their property or defraud them as long as it isn't done arbitrarily or with malice? Ignorance of the law or one's malfeasance would excuse them from breaking the law? How many laws will you have after legislating exceptions to prosecute the inevitable abuses of those three laws?

Looks more like a cult than a new political party. Take a good look around. We're up to our eyeballs in religions! We don't need yet another.
edit on 23-1-2011 by Lilitu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Good beginning plan Amaterasu.

Count me in.

My main concern at the moment is crime.

May I suggest we go back to the old days of public stocks and public hangings.
Yes, I cringe at the thought also.

I do realize this is a beginning project and will take planning to get all the loose ends worked out.

Keep up the good thinking my friend.

S&F

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Two official members now! All one has to do to be a member is to say they are a member - and pass the word along.

OK - - you got me.

There is zero REAL reason that every person on this planet's basic needs are not met.
edit on 23-1-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame

Good beginning plan Amaterasu.

Count me in.

My main concern at the moment is crime.

May I suggest we go back to the old days of public stocks and public hangings.
Yes, I cringe at the thought also.

I do realize this is a beginning project and will take planning to get all the loose ends worked out.

Keep up the good thinking my friend.

S&F

If we change are thinking. If every person's basic needs were met.

If both breakfast and lunch was available to every child at school - - nutrition feeds the brain - - these children's brains are our future.

If medical was available to every human.

If every person had a purpose

What would be the main crimes? Emotions and Jealousy?

What if there was free counseling and arbitrators.

Just thoughts.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

I will think about your proposal and give it thought. In the mean time I commend you for trying to come up with a solution rather than complaining! Good job OP

Thank you. Please tell your friends - send the link to this page, or copy it and send it in an email...

I want to bring change far greater than even Obama promised (and has failed in keeping).

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Yes, by all means sign me up also. Sounds very Constitutional to me. And a Constitutional government is just what this country needs right now. Basically a Democrat and a Republican are one and the same, with very little difference in the real world.

Awesome... Three of us committed to this now. Will read further. I hope there are more!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Hate to say it, but... this just just pollyannish pipe dreaming. It's sweet and nice and everything, but is also unfortunately unrealistic. You have two major flaws here.

1) The assumption that there is such a thing as "free energy." There's not.

Um... I have personal knowledge that there IS. [shrug] It has been hidden in Black Ops for over 50 years. This is NOT an assumption.

Sure, we will have to build devices - but since money is merely the representation of energy spent - with infinite energy, money becomes effectively infinite, and infinite money has no social application. Money will become more trouble than it's worth to mess with.

2) The assumption that all people are basically altruistic and looking out for everyone else. This is a flaw in a lot of utopian political philosophies, such as communism and Libertarianism, that people will be able to "get along" just fine, just so long as everyone else is a True Believer™. The sad truth is that humans are an inherently competitive and tribal species of primate, and have no inherent qualms about taking advantage of each other - up to and including causing direct harm, if the "need" is great enough. Even if the "everyone gets along" notion works out, all it takes is one sociopath to upset the entire system - I hate to draw comparisons to a movie, but Demolition Man could be an educational example of this.

I recommend you look into a book called A Paradise Built in Hell by Rebecca Solnit. In it the true, money-free nature of Human behavior is brought to the fore. Turns out that we are generally only nasty MFers when there is profit to be made.

And just because we compete does NOT mean we must compete for profit. We can and often do compete merely for the status. As we are tribal, in the view of the Ethical Planetarian, we will become "tribes" of common interest, "tribes" of problem-solvers, and so on.

And frankly, no. One sociopath will cause a local problem and will be dealt with. Planetarily, one sociopath is statistically non-exietent. (Sociopathy will diminish radically in this system, since those who love children will care for any who need care - without money constraints, this becomes an easy thing to offer our children.

Thank you for your input.
edit on 1/24/2011 by Amaterasu because: to add

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisrand
On the contrary, the idea is not new. In fact many of you readers and subscribers of alternative media may have stumbled across the film the Zeitgeist. It just so happens that it’s the most watched documentary in internet history and the third installment recently premiered world wide. (To be released free online at www.zeitgeistmovie.com... Jan 25th)

It's being released on my birthday! LOL!

Yes, I am fully aware of the Zeitgeist Movement. But in their view, we still have to pay for things in some fashion, and there are still those who control others.

In the Ethical Planetarian view, no one will have to pay for anything - except rare items, which might be requested (as a gift) or some other thing might be exchanged. But these are specialty items and not required for maintaining health and basic comfort. Power over others is supplanted by complete power over self.

Thanks for your input.
edit on 1/24/2011 by Amaterasu because: to add

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu

So it's ok to harm or kill someone, take or damage their property or defraud them as long as it isn't done arbitrarily or with malice? Ignorance of the law or one's malfeasance would excuse them from breaking the law? How many laws will you have after legislating exceptions to prosecute the inevitable abuses of those three laws?

Looks more like a cult than a new political party. Take a good look around. We're up to our eyeballs in religions! We don't need yet another.

It is this kind of twisting of logic that can destroy the best ideas. No, it's not "ok to harm or kill someone, take or damage their property or defraud them as long as it isn't done arbitrarily or with malice." There are accidents - which are not "ok" per se. Any other behavior which causes these things to happen must, therefore, be willful. And, how ignorant must one be to fail awareness of three Laws? (With the billions of laws presently on the books, ignorance of any given one is highly likely - with three? Really now.)

Cult? Really? Cults follow leaders. Who is the leader t5his "cult" will be following?
edit on 1/24/2011 by Amaterasu because: additions

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join