It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli soldiers fired at Gaza aid flotilla in self-defence, says inquiry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Israeli soldiers fired at Gaza aid flotilla in self-defence, says inquiry

www.guardian.co.uk

Israel acted within international law and its soldiers opened fire in self-defence during a deadly raid on a Gaza-bound flotilla of aid ships last May that prompted worldwide protests, a government-appointed commission concluded today.

The 280-page report of the Turkel Commission broadly endorsed the Israeli military and government versions of events on 31 May. Witnesses on board the lead ship, the Mavi Marmara, on which nine Turkish activists were killed, vigorously contested the Israeli accounts.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
You really have to admit, they did a heck of an investigation compared to ours of 9/11. It was just as one sided and focused as the 9/11 Comission and NIST's investigation.

I mean, they did pretty much the same investigation we did on 9/11. Aww, this is just politics.

I'm getting pretty sick of the news lately, and it's almost like watching NASCAR (DISCLAIMER: I don't.) waiting for that next car crash. This could be it.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

No, that's not a car crash at all. No one is going to do anything. American policy toward Israel is mostly dictated by Christian-right fundamentalists and Zionists. Isreal could nuke half the planet and they still wouldn't say a word.

Their investigation was a waste of time. Everyone knew what was going to be "found" anyway.
edit on 23-1-2011 by antonia because: RAWR

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This report is not going to help anyone .

Israel , unfortunately is under the grip of paranoid politics .

edit on 23-1-2011 by 23432 because: repetition

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Just what i thought is anyone surprised - Israel always plays by the rules

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well. that's OK then. It goes alongside the Israeli report that shows all turkeys voted for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Still, there is more credibility in this report than a word that Tony Blair has ever uttered.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well that settles it.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Only thing that will "settle" this in my mind is...

Did Israel fire actual bullets at/into the flotilla before boarding?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

I'm getting pretty sick of the news lately,

If you can call it news.

Is there any wonder why newspapers are going bankrupt and ratings are at an all time low. People have woken up to their ridiculously biased reporting and establishment story lines.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

Tony Blair may as well have wrote it, for all it's worth.

After all, isn't he supposed to be the Middle East peace envoy or something laughable like that?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Witnesses on board the lead ship, the Mavi Marmara, on which nine Turkish activists were killed, vigorously contested the Israeli accounts.

So civilians lie but IDF officers tell the truth..
Why aint I surprised.

I did read somewhere that they would NOT allow the actual soldiers to testify, only the officers..
Anyone know if that's what happened??

edit; Ahh, it was in there...
How the hell can they write a report without questioning anyone who was there??
They didn't believe the activists and were not allowed to question the IDF soldiers that conducted the raid..
Talk about a whitewash!!!!!!

Among those who gave evidence to the commission were Netanyahu, the defence minister, Ehud Barak, and army chief Gabi Ashkenazi. The commission was barred from questioning soldiers.

edit on 23-1-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
So who was in charge of the investigation? LOL LOL LOL LOLOL OL O L OLOL OL OLOLOLOLOL
LOLO LO LOL
edit on 23-1-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (LOL LOL)

edit on 23-1-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So let me get this straight...

Israel sends commandos onto civilian ships outside of their own waters. Is this not considered an assault? How can it be self-defense?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
So let me get this straight...

Israel sends commandos onto civilian ships outside of their own waters. Is this not considered an assault? How can it be self-defense?

Preemptive self-defense... Google announced years ago it could predict the future, of course Israel would possess similar technology. Sheesh.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

It is incredibly disgusting, imo. I mean it's not like I didn't expect did, what country doing an investigation into their own potential crimes is going find themselves guilty. However, the entire thing was broadcast in real or damn near real time.

new topics

top topics

join