It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psionics - What do think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'm a new member to this board but I have been reading it for the last few years now... I recently became deeply interested with alot of the stuff being discussed here (especially psionics) and deceided to sign up. Before I countinue with my post I just want everyone to know that I'm not the greatest writer to grace this fine board lol.

Anyways, I have always been interested in the so called "unnatural" abilites of the human mind and body. I, for one, have always felt that I have untouched powers within me - that could just be from watching to many movies, playing to many games or being on here for far to long... Who really knows? Ok, anyways so being that I have an intrest with all that blah, blah I've recently started looking into the field of Psionics (Telekinesis, Pyrokinesis, RV, Telepathy etc. etc.). It all has a legitatmet reseaoning imho. There are so many things that we dont really know about in the universe and so many things science can not proove (or totally denies the exsistance of). So why couldent psionics exsist? Its very plausable seeing as most of the theories behind it just invovle controlling energy and being able to manipulate it (it also requires a better understanding of ones self but I'll leave that to the people who are more into RV, telepathy and the such since that invovles more with the human mind then energy). I mean, energy is all around us and we already have ways to manipulate it for things - so why can our mind not do the same? After all, our mind is really just one big power plant (Thats the way I look at it). The only thing holding alot of people back from possibly believing in it is God. That is wh I do not believe in God (I used to, but not anymore... Rather not go into it
). The way I see it is that if we were created by some god then why would he/she ever fathom giving us such immense powers? I know he gave us (this is if he even exist) the ability to differ between right and wrong but as far as something as powerful as psionics just goes beyond my intellect. Now if we were to go to the reverse side (as I believe) then everything is a possiblity including psionics... If we were created from something else such as evolution or just "appearing" then we have no defined limit to what we can achieve. We would only be limited to what the powers of what lies in the universe and our minds (which as most of you ATS'rs know - those two things are probally two of the most powerful and unknown fields in existance).

So what do you guys all think about it? Is it a possiblity or is totally out of reason?

BTW, good site to check out (altought it is a pretty fringe website): www.psipog.net...

Thanks,
Mitch

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I disagree with the way u are ststing things.
You refer to "special" abilities as unnatural-unnatural is something artificial-these abilities are natural, unless you have taken a drug or done something else to get them.
I have an ability called telepathy-learned what it was called here. It is a totaly natural thing/ability.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The only reason I used "unnatural" to describe these abilities is because usally when I talk to my friends about this kind of stuff they take it as being not possible and say things like "only freaks would be able to do sh*t like that" and so. So I likened it to being natural - things that I know can happen etc. and unnatural - things I do not know about yet. Yes, my train of thought is somewhat warped... Sorry for any misunderstandings.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I agree I think psionics are possible and that it is a natural ability. Natural meaning that everyone could do it if they had the dedication and desire to hone the skill but yes unnatural in the sense that it is rare in our society.

But having said that the ability is natural by no means implies that it is easy to harness. To even begin to master this you would have to have a deep understanding of who and what you really are outside of your physical body. That is just the very first step but a very large one. For some people it takes years and years, some an entire lifetime, for most - multiple lifetimes.

Of course if you just want to move paperclips and other small objects around it won't take as long but you seem to be alluding to something greater. And I wouldn't discount God just yet, I believe in psionics and I believe in God, just keep an open mind as you learn more.

And yes psionics could provide amazing power, but that is why there is karma. Its like owning a gun. You could use it to shoot somebody but you better be willing to spend time in jail. The vast majority of the time its best just to use the gun on the practice range or not at all.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I've seen some crazy video's of this stuff in documentaries.. done under research conditions.

I believe that somewhere in us is the ability to do all these things.. it's just blocked somehow.

Alot wierder things are seen as fact among scientists.. like if you put a car in the garage, resting up against the door and left it there a milllion years.. it could seep though to the other side... intact.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Many people have psysic, telepathic abilities. Most don't know what triggers it or how to control them. I have no control....it just happens. However I have been fairly succesful with remote viewing, this is controlled, but I see more than the target. Sorting it out is difficult. I believe these are natural abilities.

new topics

join