It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Behind the Moon? Jan 22nd

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
ok I took the video, converted it to an AVI, watched it full screen and screen grabbed the point where the object appears from 'behind' the moon. To my surprise the moon actually curves inward at the point of visibility indicating some graphical artifacts that would not occur if the object really did come from behind the moon.

So although I was happy to keep an open mind, I now believe this to be a cgi hoax.
edit - oh and before someone suggests a crater, the previous and post frames show a flat curve.

edit on 24-1-2011 by digitalf because: edit as shown inline

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalf

How many people are really doing CGI hoaxes? It seems from what I read on many forums is that 2 out of every 3 people have an abundant supply of Chinese lanterns, flares on balloons, RC planes with multi-colored LEDs, and very good CGI making software. Are these likely scenarios or scenarios that 'could be' true but likely are not?
edit on 24-1-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by digitalf

How many people are really doing CGI hoaxes? It seems from what I read on many forums is that 2 out of every 3 people have an abundant supply of Chinese lanterns, flares on balloons, RC planes with multi-colored LEDs, and very good CGI making software. Are these likely scenarios or scenarios that 'could be' true but likely are not?
edit on 24-1-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

Sites like ATS are a bit of a target for hoaxers, CGI isn't as complicated as it used to be as some of the basic video editing software is open source. I don't like calling out hoax, if I were to capture that image and post I'd be quite upset that no-one would take me seriously. On the flip-side part of the OP's questioning of the image was, is it a cgi ? so even the OP was ok with that potential outcome.
Even though we see posts like this frequently on ATS I don't go around actively discouraging them, it's just a pity they come with little background story or factual information to base our analysis.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Hmmm. I'm no physicist or camera expert but...

1st point: The "anomaly" occurs in different places in each video. I've seen numerous videos on youtube that were debunked as a reflection of light off of the camera, and they tend to be the main focus of the video. In the linked video(not the OP) the anomaly is off to the lower right part of the camera. Maybe I'm wrong, and I'm sure if I am somebody will correct me) but wouldn't the reflection be more towards the center?

2nd point: You state that the object is stationary. However, if there were 2 objects, one very close and one much further away, and they were moving at the same rate of speed, wouldn't the object that was further away appear to be moving much slower? The object is clearly behind the moon, as it comes into focus after the moon moves out of its way..and its only visible for a couple seconds. So there isn't much of a window to judge how fast it's moving(if it is moving at all).

Just some food for thought

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
reply to post by Human_Alien

I don't know....I visit those countries very often. And they are pretty far behind the US when it comes to culture. Sure, they have cell phones and computers.....but they are watching Happy Days and Welcome Back Cotter, lol. So it is no surprise that as they enter the workforce they start on things that other parts of the world have done decades ago. Granted, they do it better with modern day electronics.....but breaking real new ground....I don't think so.

Did I tell you the last week I was in rural Asia being assaulted by 20 something's wearing "hammer-time" pants and doing the dance at a club? Future scientists they were......I KID YOU NOT.

So yeah, the modern third world suddenly flexing their legs towards the moon should surprise anybody who lives on the internet and is not a world traveler. Again, don't kill the messenger unless you are in my shoes, lol. I recently completed a project in SA where they were JUST starting to.....well, never mind you wouldn't understand. But let's just say is tied right into your post real easy.

I hear what you're saying but they're all doing it NOW. They've had 40 years to collect cans to get enough money together.
China is already up there taking photos. As I believe India too.

I just find the synchronized timing interesting not the fact that they're finally doing this. Just seems everyone got rich at once.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Very cool post this is interesting! OP what type of cam did you use? also if you follow the moon as it moves from the first red flash until the bright star like object you will notice that they are vertical in position. you can see this easily by placing your index finger on the first red blip and follow along as the moon moves with your pinkie LOL!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It looks more like something emerging into view from in front of the Moon. It could possibly be a derelict satellite like "The Flasher" which is very bright and tumbling, with a very bright flash, then a lesser one and then nothing all in a few seconds. The sequence is only repeated a few times as it crosses.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Now this is interesting. Here is another Moon-UFO (that I doesn't allow embedding) that has the same 'dot-UFO' showing up on the lower right side.

The title of this video says:
"2 UFO FLIES BY MOON APRIL 23 2010 CAUSED BY REFLECTION FROM LENS"
and although he put cartoon bubbles saying "UFO" I'm not sure what he thinks he captured (or happened) when video taping the Moon.

It's only 3-minutes.
UFO shows up @ 59 second and 2-minute mark

www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: added 2-minute mark

edit on 24-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This is from the video above.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
This is from the video above.

Strange that, nothing is moving except the moon, and there doesn't seem to be any light scatter usual in reflections, just a single point of light.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
The title of this video says:
"2 UFO FLIES BY MOON APRIL 23 2010 CAUSED BY REFLECTION FROM LENS"
and although he put cartoon bubbles saying "UFO" I'm not sure what he thinks he captured (or happened) when video taping the Moon.

He initially thought he captured a UFO in his film, then he realized what that dot is so he changed the title (added the caused by reflection part).

I posted about it several pages ago.

Look further into the comment section to see he already posted himself that

"I thout it was a UFO but after watching other YouTube videos I now think it's a reflection off the lens"
and
"When I filmed this I thought It was a UFO but after Cheking YouTube I found some body else that filmed the same thing and he was using a canon camera so I know believe it's cuasd by a reflection from the lens so this can't be a space ship like I thought when I filmed it it just goes to show you that not every thing you see is what you think it is"
edit on 24-1-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Yea,until nasa bombed the thing into hell. How many years ago was that,1? 2?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Errrrrr. I posted that video 4 pages ago top of page 3.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dude are you reading your own thread?
We're rehashing the same stuff. Just sayin.
edit on 24-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

To me, it obviously looks no where close to the moon. The lack of focus and the fact that it shakes differently from the moon lets you know it was way closer than the moon or added in post.

If it was really recorded in camera, could easily be a reflection, even if the operator didn't see it in person.

So, be honest. Do you sit there for hours and hours trolling youtube for these useless videos? If you are so interested in what people think of these videos and personally like them yourself....why not spend a little time and money on learning about simple editing programs, photography and cgi? You can get plenty of free programs online to get you started, and it would help you to become a more intelligent poster.

Why does ATS let people like this here? What a jerk.

Deebo

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

reply to post by deebo

I didn't know it was rude to recommend someone actually learn some things that might aid them in their understanding of a subject that they post in multiple times every day. I know when I wanted to learn about all the useless youtube videos I went out of my way to learn video editing, cgi effects (well, o.k. this was well on it's way before youtube was big anyway, but you get the idea.). The whole point it, if your interested in something to the point where you want your ideas, thoughts and opinions to mean something...then why the hell not learn how a camera works, how cgi works.....hell, go out and buy a telescope. Doing any of this over the internet, or running outside at night with your 3$ sony nightshot isn't exactly educating yourself, now is it?

I mean, we are here to deny ignorance, right?!?!?!?!? Not just to post stuff in order to hear other member opinions no matter how far they fly in the face of common sense, reason and logic? If we never draw the line concerning the basics, then why bother....this place will continue to turn into nothing more than an ignorant madhouse.

edit on 25-1-2011 by IgnoreTheFacts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I mean, we are here to deny ignorance, right?!?!?!?!?

The more I visit ATS, the more I suspect we are here only to post stuff like
"WOW THAT IS AMAZING IN UR FACE TBTP!!11 DEBUNKERS WHAT NOW HUH???"
edit on 25-1-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Forgive me if this has already been covered but aren't their a bunch of satellites orbiting the Moon? I know the Chinese have some up there and so do we for mapping and measuring the solar winds and such. Looking up at the Moon isn't the same anymore there are thousands of satellites orbiting Earth and more and more the Moon. Filming space from the Earth and expecting everything you see is a UFO is just ludicrous.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MechEng09
Forgive me if this has already been covered but aren't their a bunch of satellites orbiting the Moon? I know the Chinese have some up there and so do we for mapping and measuring the solar winds and such. Looking up at the Moon isn't the same anymore there are thousands of satellites orbiting Earth and more and more the Moon. Filming space from the Earth and expecting everything you see is a UFO is just ludicrous.

I kind of agree with you but what is even more ludicrous is debunking suggestions and providing no evidence to back it up then insult anyone who disagrees!

No-one said they were alien space craft.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
A few nights ago I was watching the new moon in my reflector and noticed a object flying from the dark to the light side of the moon. I have decided to purchase a Cam lens so I won't miss it next time....
Great find by the way very intriguing.......Yes its obvious really the only place that's never in view ever, the perfect hiding place and observation post.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Errrrrr. I posted that video 4 pages ago top of page 3.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dude are you reading your own thread?
We're rehashing the same stuff. Just sayin.
edit on 24-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

You must have posted it as I was advancing through the thread. Sorry man!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join