It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Behind the Moon? Jan 22nd

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Nice find, H-M.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by vikki_nnd
now where are those skeptics?

as said above: the plot gets thicker.

It is difficult for them to show up every time someone posts a video of something they found which has near to zero details on it and they haven't even begun to conduct their own rudimentary research of the video (like about the Canon lens video making it appear that two UFOs were seen by the videos author, liked under their profile details for example).

Originally posted by Namaste1001
Ignore Ignorethefacts, I've seen him along with others post in other threads where they try to discredit information by using ad hominem attacks. It's a cheap trick and really shows them up for what they are.

There has to be a decent slice of irony pie to eat along with that statement.

Short and narrow is the OP asked "Did he' CGI'ed it?"

Disregarding the syntax train wreck that the question is and that the assumption of the YouTube author being male let's look at how IgnoreTheFacts answered.

He suggested that the OP, with such an interest of UFOlogy, apply the study of photo and video manipulation and make themselves a more worthwhile member who can share that knowledge with others via their own investigations and by assisting others with theirs. The acknowledgement of 'free' software was made allowing for a broad budget set - something which someone who watches lots of YouTube videos on UFOs and then posts them to an online community might be concerned about.

There have been issues on ATS in the past regarding YouTube videos and lack of description or opinion from the poster of these videos. Issues which may have promoted many valuable members to stop posting. Issues that the site management team brought up.

We, as a community, need to be sensitive to each other.

Yes sceptics feeling that their advise and input is being wasted and not valued and being the butt of many jokes would be trying to even the most pristine of souls and objectivity could be adhered to more by them.

Believers not providing details or doing elementary research prior to making large tangential leaps of imagination to an ET conclusion should perhaps see how many times that's been proven beyond doubt first and take it on the chin when their self mockery is made known to them and everyone else and learn from it.

In short; play nice or don't play at all.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
There's a HUGE problem we are all facing nowadays.

Post-production and editing programs just cant be tracked naked eye. They cant even be tracked by zooming. Well you can zoom in to check for incongruencies, pixel-lags, or to see if the editor has made some mistakes, but not in search of "traces".

The only and more reliable thing you can do to dismiss a video as "edited" is by comparing original source to the one you're studying. If second version has been double-compressed it would be likely to believe some editing has been made.

In this case I'm missing the light scattering.
And lets check moon phases for January 22nd, 2011

www.moon-phases.net...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

So, be honest. Do you sit there for hours and hours trolling youtube for these useless videos? If you are so interested in what people think of these videos and personally like them yourself....why not spend a little time and money on learning about simple editing programs, photography and cgi? You can get plenty of free programs online to get you started, and it would help you to become a more intelligent poster.

Keep your rude comments to yourself. We are all here to learn and hear different opinions.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

I didn't know it was rude to recommend someone actually learn some things that might aid them in their understanding of a subject that they post in multiple times every day. I know when I wanted to learn about all the useless youtube videos I went out of my way to learn video editing, cgi effects (well, o.k. this was well on it's way before youtube was big anyway, but you get the idea.). The whole point it, if your interested in something to the point where you want your ideas, thoughts and opinions to mean something...then why the hell not learn how a camera works, how cgi works.....hell, go out and buy a telescope. Doing any of this over the internet, or running outside at night with your 3$ sony nightshot isn't exactly educating yourself, now is it?

I mean, we are here to deny ignorance, right?!?!?!?!? Not just to post stuff in order to hear other member opinions no matter how far they fly in the face of common sense, reason and logic? If we never draw the line concerning the basics, then why bother....this place will continue to turn into nothing more than an ignorant madhouse.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a list of things of what that spot can be other then a UFO

a star or two

a statlite.

a votex

a probe.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is a star (or other celestial object).

My bet is that the cameraman is on manual iris (for light) and auto-focus. Auto-focus can create these kinds of effects. If you look very closely, the object reappears (very dimly) toward the end of the video. It never moves. That is why I say that this is a star or other celestial object.

The object is not really blinking, it is being focused and then re-focused. When an object as small as a star goes out of focus on a camera that is zoomed in like this, it usually "disappears" or becomes a very faint blob. This is exactly what happened here.

Nothin' to see, folks.

Cheers,
Cody

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It's hard to tell whether it's CGI-ed or authentic, or whether if it's authentic it is an object *behind* the moon. However, this thread does bring up the interesting topic of the Dark Side of the Moon. As "plain and boring" as we've been told the moon itself is, let alone the dark side, I wonder why more exploration hasn't been accomplished? Even the latest probes sent by other countries to completely map the moon (in stereoscopic 3-D even!) have provided the general public with *VERY LITTLE* of these images.

Unprecedented high resolution stereoscopic 3-d mapping of the entire surface of the moon... and to date, why has so little information (maps, images, etc.) been returned to the public? These researchers are beholden to their funding, of course, and their funding comes from wealthy elites and big corporations. While we (average Earth folks) are mired in the day to day toil of making a living and oversaturation of infotainment from Fox News and other major media, grand things like the unprecedented mapping of the moon go unnoticed. Why?

Why? Apparently, they have captured structures like those pointed out by Richard Hoagland and a slew of other "fringe" researchers. There is something to it and for some reason they've convinced the latest round of scientists that it is in the best interests of humanity to keep it silent.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
However, this thread does bring up the interesting topic of the Dark Side of the Moon. As "plain and boring" as we've been told the moon itself is, let alone the dark side,

Why? Apparently, they have captured structures like those pointed out by Richard Hoagland and a slew of other "fringe" researchers. There is something to it and for some reason they've convinced the latest round of scientists that it is in the best interests of humanity to keep it silent.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

I concur. I believe (with every fiber of my essence) they have indeed found 'things' on the Moon and are in fact, up there now.

I loved the work of Ingo Swann. A remote viewer, with nothing to gain by sharing his finding that confirm we absolutely have 'people' there now (along with Greys)
And to......
reply to post by kinda kurious

That was funny as hell. I am still laughing!!!

edit on 24-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkATi

My bet is that the cameraman is on manual iris (for light) and auto-focus. Auto-focus can create these kinds of effects. If you look very closely, the object reappears (very dimly) toward the end of the video. It never moves. That is why I say that this is a star or other celestial object.

The object is not really blinking, it is being focused and then re-focused. When an object as small as a star goes out of focus on a camera that is zoomed in like this, it usually "disappears" or becomes a very faint blob. This is exactly what happened here.

Nothin' to see, folks.

Cheers,
Cody

You're saying this was a fixed objects? Really? Out of the gazillion stars out there, he only managed to capture one?
Okay, let me review the video.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Now that's a classic, thnx for the
it all makes sense now. You think it has a fly thru window? S&F for the

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkATi

Nothin' to see, folks.

Cheers,
Cody

Are we watching the same video? I put my cursor right next to it, as the Moon moves and the video winds down and I didn't see the slightest 'anything' where that object originally stood.
Can you screen-capture what you're referring to please?
Thanks!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel
a list of things of what that spot can be other then a UFO

a star or two

a statlite.

a votex

a probe.

Black hole
HAARP
Pixel
Space probe
Meteor
Scalar weaponry
Comet
Asteroid
Laser Beam
Space debris (which peeves me deeply)
Planet X
ISS
Ghost
Glitch
or
a passing UFO (inter-dimensional or otherwise)

I personally lean towards the latter two.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

There's a HUGE problem we are all facing nowadays.

Post-production and editing programs just cant be tracked naked eye. They cant even be tracked by zooming. Well you can zoom in to check for incongruencies, pixel-lags, or to see if the editor has made some mistakes, but not in search of "traces".

The only and more reliable thing you can do to dismiss a video as "edited" is by comparing original source to the one you're studying. If second version has been double-compressed it would be likely to believe some editing has been made.

In this case I'm missing the light scattering.
And lets check moon phases for January 22nd, 2011

www.moon-phases.net...

You kinda loss me on where you were taking this. It sounds interesting but what are you saying?

I think you're saying that people can tweak any video these days and no one would be the wiser, right?

If so, that's why I was relying on the videographer's demeanor. He sounded sincere and surprised. Although that can be faked too, sometimes one Human just has to try to pick up the vibes on another Human and draw some type of conclusion (for the moment) in which, I did.

I think he's sincere. Can I be wrong? Yes of course. And I suppose I'm due seeing it's been a very long time anyway

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

I believe it was a shadow too. I am more impressed with the vanishing act it alleging performed.

I just don't think too many hoaxers would go through all the effort and fine-tuning of those minor details for a 3-second hoax!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BruceWayne
As someone said earlier it is very interesting to note that there have been no overt moon missions for nearly 40 years.

Why not?

The moon must be of great interest for any number of reasons such as scientific, resource based, strategic, real estate etc...

I can't remember who said it, I think it was an astronaut but they said something along the lines of "They don't want us up there".

Assuming the thing in the video is not cgi or an artefact does lead us to ask is the thing "one of ours" or maybe a "bogey".

It is strange that after all the hype of the Space Race, nations seem disinterested in travelling to the moon.

What's even a little bit more strange is this sudden 'rush' back to the Moon by (I think) 5 different countries.
Why now?
Kinda makes ya reconsider this whole 2012-thang and what they may know.
I'm just sayin'.................

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I don't know....I visit those countries very often. And they are pretty far behind the US when it comes to culture. Sure, they have cell phones and computers.....but they are watching Happy Days and Welcome Back Cotter, lol. So it is no surprise that as they enter the workforce they start on things that other parts of the world have done decades ago. Granted, they do it better with modern day electronics.....but breaking real new ground....I don't think so.

Did I tell you the last week I was in rural Asia being assaulted by 20 something's wearing "hammer-time" pants and doing the dance at a club? Future scientists they were......I KID YOU NOT.

So yeah, the modern third world suddenly flexing their legs towards the moon should surprise anybody who lives on the internet and is not a world traveler. Again, don't kill the messenger unless you are in my shoes, lol. I recently completed a project in SA where they were JUST starting to.....well, never mind you wouldn't understand. But let's just say is tied right into your post real easy.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
IMO this is obviously a camera side effect or a simple dot being edited in the video.
Why? Well it doesn't take a genius to tell this dot doesn't even move, it sits at the same spot while the camera itself is moving.

Sorry.

The camera isn't moving actually, the earth is.
I have a telescope and very often do webcam captures of the moon (I have lots of samples if anyone wants me to post one - in fact I'll post a picture in a bit anyhow - why not), I've seen similar from Iridium or Satallite Flares (en.wikipedia.org...) but of course a satellite flare would have been in front of the moon, not behind it so thats ruled out.

edit - not related to the OP video but here's the picture referred to above :

taken on 18th Jan 2011 after using 1000 frames and image stacking software.

As the moon was massively overexposed in the OPs video it is feasible that a distant bright object could be in focus once revealed, I'm not even convinced that the moon was even in focus so it's more likely that infinity was set which would certainly show a star bright if it stayed in shot but it diappears.

Can't rule out the cgi claim although if I were hoaxing it and had the necessary cgi skills I would expect my camera technique to be better. Of course someone could have taken a stock moon sweep video and added it for artistic merit - not the first time we've been shown two identical videos with a UFO in one and not the other.

Thanks to the OP for sharing it - will keep an open mind on this one. Specifics of the location, day and time would rule out many astronomical causes.
edit on 24-1-2011 by digitalf because: added image

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
You know there is a red one as well between 1:21 and 1:24 down on the lower left too. Did you see that as well? Ill take a ss if youd like.

edit to add: Ill just add it anyway!

edit on 23-1-2011 by onehuman because: added pic

If you go back and watch the video again it looks like a meteor impacted the moon and the dust went flying up.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join