It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Behind the Moon? Jan 22nd

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by angrydog
looks like small explosions...maybe theres a war on upthere :O

You may not be too far off....according to America's history....

America declares WAR on the Moon

www.techradar.com...

On the day that Obama wins the Nobel Peace Prize, crazed NASA scientists have declared WAR on the Moon, with our rocky neighbour due to come under fierce attack right about now by evil interplanetary NASA warlords.
The American space operator's LCROSS satellite will be deliberately smashed into the planetoid's surface today, with the heinous act of aggression broadcast live on NASA TV to boost the morale of Earth forces.

That article was posted in Oct. 2009. However, who knows how many more explosions have occurred on the moon since then.

Oh yeah, not much has been talked about since then...and the project did cost $79M plus.

Btw, I found this interesting quote from an article related to my commentary above and to this thread...

NASA Launches Mission to Bomb the Moon

First probe with fire rocket into moon Second probe with map moon's surface Ball of light hits Outback mountain
THERE are no aliens up there, as far as we know, but NASA is preparing to bomb the moon.

A space mission blasted off from Cape Canaveral today carrying a missile that will fire a hole deep in the lunar surface, The Daily Telegraph reported.

The unmanned Lunar Crater Observation and Sensing Satellite mission (LCROSS) will fire a Centaur rocket into the surface at twice the speed of a bullet. The aim is to see whether any traces of water or vapour will be revealed by the disruption caused to the surface.

I know this is a little bit of side-tracking from the original video posted on here...but maybe that "pixel" may be a bombing run on the moon?

omg..they playing dangerous games upthere :O

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I just noticed something while doing a frame to frame zoomed that makes me think this is a CGI. If you notice at the exact moment the object comes from behind the moon, you can see the sharp edge of the moon surface dip inward very slightly but at the same height of the object as the object starts to fully appear. This would not happen if an object was coming from behind the moon, only by passing in front could it distort the edge of the moon. I think the vids been cgi'd. Tell me what you all think, I had it zoomed 200-400% going frame to frame before I saw it, at least thats what I think I'm seeing?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder
If you notice at the exact moment the object comes from behind the moon, you can see the sharp edge of the moon surface dip inward very slightly but at the same height of the object as the object starts to fully appear....I think the vids been cgi'd. Tell me what you all think, I had it zoomed 200-400% going frame to frame before I saw it, at least thats what I think I'm seeing?

This?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Yep, that be the one.

Thanks for the screen shot, I'm still computer illiterate at times but learning

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

No prob. That is strange.

Not sure what it means but do know the Devil is in the details.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by planetzog
Were you there when these videos were taken?

Did you inspects the cameras for any faults before and after the videos were taken?

Where is your evidence to prove nothing is going on up there?

Were YOU there when these videos were taken?
Did YOU inspect the camera for any faults?
Where is YOUR evidence to prove something is going up there?

So far all of the hints point towards this being a light reflection or a camera unwanted effect, just like another video uploader said about his video which was the same kind of video that had the same kind of dot appearing right near the edges of the zoomed in moon.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
wow
great video,things like this make me wonder what the heck is really going on
around this world

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Interesting to be sure. Could it be space junk? We've left enough of it up there.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Well this is interesting...

Thinking it WAS cgi, i paused the video where i noticed an anomaly in the UFO and the moon. It looked as if the object had its own cut and paste job done over the moon.

I then took a screenshot and magnified it like crazy, you can view it here:

s101.photobucket.com...

What appeared to be a cut and paste job was actually just the object casting its own shadow over the moon. What this means is, that thing is HUGE!

Its probably close to the size of a shopping mall. And this isnt CGI, as you can see un-altered pixel blending between the object and the moons surface in regards to light right under it.

Great video.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

I thought about that too, but the light reflection on the moon looks to me that if a shadow were to be cast it would be cast in the other direction, not in the direction the camera is facing and since the glitch in the edge of the moon appears before the object fully appears, I'm still calling cgi. I could also very well be wrong, would like to continue to hear what others think.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Trueman

Sorry, but I believe you both are wrong.

The moon is moving and the camera too, since the camera is on planet Earth, wich is moving too like any other planet.

Oh here we go with semantics.

You left out the galaxy itself was moving in an expanding Universe. So actually, we were probably watching this in the future

Just playing brother....sorry, I couldn't resist.

We are in the same team

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I believe its U092196

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
It looks just like what I saw. Except what i saw was a large light with a lot of small ones blipping on and off in random locations around it. If anyone has seen the anime "Robotech" the smaller lights looked like the explosions on that anime.

I saw it twice. The first time it didn't move. It just vanished. The second time it started moving slowly, then poof! It was gone. It wasn't near the moon though.

Sorry for posting this in your thread, its just I've never seen anything like what I saw, and this is just like it.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

Surely you can see, that can only be a MOON BALLOON!!!

Ofcorse!! How did I not realise that 0_o haha good one

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

From a pure guess, he CGI'd it. The spot is too small to be seen by human eyes alone and the camera is too locked-on for him to be viewing it.

He either has telescope vision, or, as the dot never moves relative to the camera, he CGI'd it.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

Originally posted by planetzog
Were you there when these videos were taken?

Did you inspects the cameras for any faults before and after the videos were taken?

Where is your evidence to prove nothing is going on up there?

Were YOU there when these videos were taken?
Did YOU inspect the camera for any faults?
Where is YOUR evidence to prove something is going up there?

So far all of the hints point towards this being a light reflection or a camera unwanted effect, just like another video uploader said about his video which was the same kind of video that had the same kind of dot appearing right near the edges of the zoomed in moon.

You're not getting this are you.

I never said it was an alien space ship. But you said it was a fault with the camera or a reflection.

So again, can you please explain how you know this. Prove it.

I give my opinion on matters and I may be right or wrong. If someone proves to me I'm wrong I will be very happy to accept it. As long as I learn from it.

So you say you're right and I'm asking you to prove it.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
interesting..

That "dip" could be a shadow of the object.

Or it could be fake.

hate the hoaxers that take away from legitimate sightings

Though this one is still up in the air.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I repeat.....I repeat....any attempt to contemplate publicly on this forum that this may indeed be one of the many plausible explanations before jumping of the ledge of ignorant absurdity will be met with the typical smack-down.

So, anyone with legitimate telescope and optic experience please sit down and shut up, your ruining the kiddies fun. However, if you want to claim legitimate telescope and optics knowledge and fuel their ignorance then by all means....post away!!!!!!!

Sorry guys, really sucks, It boring. I know. But to rely on ignorance in order to spice it up it doing anybody any good. Jumping to the LEAST POSSIBLE CONCLUSION over the myriad of things that a FAR MORE PROBABLE really hurts all of us you know?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
As someone said earlier it is very interesting to note that there have been no overt moon missions for nearly 40 years.

Why not?

The moon must be of great interest for any number of reasons such as scientific, resource based, strategic, real estate etc...

I can't remember who said it, I think it was an astronaut but they said something along the lines of "They don't want us up there".

Assuming the thing in the video is not cgi or an artefact does lead us to ask is the thing "one of ours" or maybe a "bogey".

It is strange that after all the hype of the Space Race, nations seem disinterested in travelling to the moon.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Well, having done plenty of video work in my life, I can say its certainly not a burned out or "hot pixel". Such a thing generally will simply look like an unmoving dot that is always apparent on your camera....almost as if you had a tiny dot on the lens. Whatever this is it looks real...it moves, and then sort of 'flickers' out as it moves away from the moon. The guys voice seemed genuinely surprised and completely legitimate, so I doubt he faked it (If he did then I want him to do the voice over for my next fake ufo video....not that I would ever make one of course *mwa ha ha ha ha*)
My guess is that it is either the blast from a Volcano on the Moon, or perhaps the blast from a large meteor hit. I wonder, do we have any way of measuring the Moon's vibrations real time from Earth? I know such a thing was done by the Apollo missions with Instruments on the Moon itself. If there is a way, and we monitor such a thing, and have a record of it...then we should compare the record of the Moon's vibrations to the date this video was shot. If it was a Meteor, then chances are it rang the Moon like a bell, being as violent of a hit, as I am assuming it must have been. Of course there is a lot of "ifs" involved in that scenerio! LOL! But "if" its possible to check it, the results might be interesting!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join