It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Behind the Moon? Jan 22nd

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
"Sorry All !!" That just happens to be something that takes a lot of time to explain, with all the riff Raff here, might as well let them enjoy my post too Human!!
See, I was in W.Virginia, bought some illegal fireworks, killed a few thousand birds with the radiating concussions of massive Butterfly rockets, cruised to the North pole, moved that son of a gun over just enough to start some global chaos, but accidentally threw a lit ciggy in the back of my open canopy jeep which in turn accidentally lit off the very last butterfly rockets I had that actually triggered a Solar flare which is currently wiping out our Magnetosphere, which the bottle rocket reflected off and was last seen heading for the dark side of the moon which was lost until, finally, I had a friend like Human to find out that someone posted it on you tube just this morning to allow me to know that everything is just "FINE!!"

"Fare enough for you Human? Those smart allicks have nothing on us man!!!"

Interesting post, been reading a lot from you lately, keep up the good work my friend!!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
"Sorry All !!" That just happens to be something that takes a lot of time to explain, with all the riff Raff here, might as well let them enjoy my post too Human!!
See, I was in W.Virginia, bought some illegal fireworks, killed a few thousand birds with the radiating concussions of massive Butterfly rockets, cruised to the North pole, moved that son of a gun over just enough to start some global chaos, but accidentally threw a lit ciggy in the back of my open canopy jeep which in turn accidentally lit off the very last butterfly rockets I had that actually triggered a Solar flare which is currently wiping out our Magnetosphere, which the bottle rocket reflected off and was last seen heading for the dark side of the moon which was lost until, finally, I had a friend like Human to find out that someone posted it on you tube just this morning to allow me to know that everything is just "FINE!!"

"Fare enough for you Human? Those smart allicks have nothing on us man!!!"

Interesting post, been reading a lot from you lately, keep up the good work my friend!!

And THAT is why......... you're my friend.

It's certainly paying off having all these high friends (no doubt) in low places so please never change Allred!

(you are too funny!)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

No Problemo!!
When the moon passes to allow the object to be seen, is it possible it could be a reflecting star or planet with some bent light anomalies at hand?
When I star gazed back when I had a decent set up, I often experienced those kind of phenomena through the lenses, took some getting use to, but until I actually seen not 2 but 3 meteoroids in the Kuiper belt collide, I was pretty set that I had seen extraterrestrial vehicles all over the place!! LOL

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
IMO this is obviously a camera side effect or a simple dot being edited in the video.
Why? Well it doesn't take a genius to tell this dot doesn't even move, it sits at the same spot while the camera itself is moving.

Sorry.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

While agreeing with you that it would be great if people could do more to prepare themselves for posting replies to threads, I have to contest this particular suggestion. Regardless of these programs being free, the equipment required to run them at decent reliabilities is NOT cheap, and no matter if you are using the free version or not, to get any results or indeed any form of benifit from learning the programs you refer to, you need a fairly well spec'd machine. I know this because my sister utilises such things constantly , as she has a background in animation and digital arts.
You just cant run these programs effeciently on a computer that isnt up to date, and few people that I know could afford to maintain thier machines just to be able to post effectively on this site. Thats a shame to be sure, but utterly understandable!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
While agreeing with you that it would be great if people could do more to prepare themselves for posting replies to threads, I have to contest this particular suggestion. Regardless of these programs being free, the equipment required to run them at decent reliabilities is NOT cheap, and no matter if you are using the free version or not, to get any results or indeed any form of benifit from learning the programs you refer to, you need a fairly well spec'd machine. I know this because my sister utilises such things constantly , as she has a background in animation and digital arts.
You just cant run these programs effeciently on a computer that isnt up to date, and few people that I know could afford to maintain thier machines just to be able to post effectively on this site. Thats a shame to be sure, but utterly understandable!

Video editing software could run on any average computer. Especially when we're talking about adding tiny white dots in a movie and call it a UFO.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
is it only me or there was whats look like an acceleration

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Interesting video i watched it twice..Im not sure what it all is ..we have alot to learn about the moon ..keep up the good work..ignore the haters
S&F for you

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
Why? Well it doesn't take a genius to tell this dot doesn't even move, it sits at the same spot while the camera itself is moving. Sorry.

Perhaps same genius might feel a tad silly when he realizes THE CAMERA IS NOT MOVING, THE MOON IS. The camera shot was a "lock off." (Static shot on tripod) To attempt to track moon with camera using necessary lens to produce the Extreme Close Up would yield highly unstable results. Kinda like your reply....jerky.

I find the clip interesting and worthy of closer look. I am puzzled by the additional red artifact which exhibits same type of "dim out" but with more irregular shape. Upon initial viewing, I thought bad pixel but now, no way. Although it would be possible to create with fairly rudimentary software. There is no "tracking" or "rotoscoping" so far as I can tell and the artifacts appear static.. The green artifact does seem to be revealed from behind the moon but that is easily achievable with a luminance key mask. The red artifact seems to appear less seamlessly as if it fades in 1 frame late.

I'll need to rip it using keepvid.com so I can convert to QT and use QT player to jog frame by frame or import to my Final Cut Pro.

So I suppose I both agree and disagree with your assessments thus far.

edit on 23-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

its not about the video editing software or anything. people used to make fake pics and vids of ghosts and ufo's even when there was no such easy availability of video editing tools. you dont have to have super computer and super fake video maker tool to make something like this, we agree. it could be anyhitng, we agree. but what we are saying is that its not a "normal" anything.
considering all the other ufo sightings and all the things common in them, we think it might be a ufo up there.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

IMO this is obviously a camera side effect or a simple dot being edited in the video.
Why? Well it doesn't take a genius to tell this dot doesn't even move, it sits at the same spot while the camera itself is moving.

Sorry.

It does look strange but the camera isnt moving, the camera is still, its the moon thats moving. It looks to me that its stationary behind the moon and appears as the moon has past it. Also when it flickers and disappeares it reminds me of a ship accelerating into hyperspace.

Ive watched it a good few times now but I'm still undecided. The only thing that I find strange is when the guy says "what the heck was that" "replay this and you will see etc etc" He may be just talking to remind himself but its sounds like hes telling us to look back, like hes planned to put it up on youtube. Maybe Im looking into it too much. Its interesting though

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Sorry.

Say what? The camera was moving? I thought the Moon and Earth were moving? I didn't know he was simulating how the Moon rises!?!? Is THAT what he was doing?

This is not to say this might not be a hoax but I am pretty sure the camera wasn't moving but on a tripod! It did shake at the very end when he probably was anxious to play his video back. That is MY impression anyway.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
is it only me or there was whats look like an acceleration

I don't see that at all.

The ONLY thing that rings suspicious to me is....why was he video taping the left side of the Moon? I mean, wouldn't you think you'd have that baby smack in the middle of the view finder? Unless of course, he zoomed in on it afterward to broadcast and show case his findings on YouTube.

I think I'll pay him a little visit via email and see if he wants to join us to explain!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
You can get plenty of free programs online to get you started, and it would help you to become a more intelligent poster.

Thats a little harsh isnt it? The guy is only sharing a video with us.

Nice find OP, all though by looking at the blue colouerd light I thought it was a bit dodgy, looked like a missing pixal or something, But after some one pointed out the red light, im not sure any more.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
So, be honest. Do you sit there for hours and hours trolling youtube for these useless videos? If you are so interested in what people think of these videos and personally like them yourself....why not spend a little time and money on learning about simple editing programs, photography and cgi? You can get plenty of free programs online to get you started, and it would help you to become a more intelligent poster.

Nice! And lots of stars too. Are you lot off your heads.

IgnoreTheNastyMan.

Encouragement is the most generous thing you could give here. I think our members learn lots from seeing why video or photos are not good evidence too.

My advice to the OP is to be more critical if you are going to select other peoples videos or photographs to post. Why have they been dismissed in the past. Do they look staged etc.
edit on 23/1/11 by Pimander because: .Added last sentence

edit on 23/1/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Wow, allright so the camera isn't moving, the moon is.

This makes my theory of this being a camera side effect (dirt, light reflection) even better since the dot stays still at the same place for it's entire appearance.

Come on people use your brains! If the camera stands still, and that dot stands still aswell, while the only thing that moves is the moon - this is nothing but a reflection.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
Thats a little harsh isnt it? The guy is only sharing a video with us.

What makes you think Human_Alien isn't a girl?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Human alien~
Thanks for the post!

I feel quite comfortable in saying it's not CGI~
SImply because I have seen the same things myself, on numerous occasions.
Most often through the 20" and the 14" at the observatory..
But also quite a few times through my little 6" scope at home.

Two of the other guys who are also avid "moon watchers", have seen the same things..
and have been since before I was born! lol

In fact..
A few of the guys never believe us when we say we saw something and describe it as it's seen in this video..
(not big moon watchers)~ [especially Mike]
But about a month, 2 moths ago.. (before Xmas I think)
I was observing the moon through the 20" ...
and once again..
watched something "light up" for 2-3 seconds.. and :flick" back "off"..
I said to the president of the astro society.. (one of the avid moon watchers)
"George!, I just saw a light up there!~ just like last time!"

So..
We went about our business..
and no more than 2 minutes later..
Mike (one of the "skeptics")
Came running into the dome for the 20", where george and I sat..
and says...
"You guys, Did anyone else see that?"

I said, "what, the light near the moon?"
He says, "Yes! I was in the "middle dome" looking through the 14", and there it was, plain as day.. Like it turned on, about 1/2 inch from the moon.. stayed lit for a few seconds.. and vanished!"

I just laughed.., and said "yep". lol
George continued to make him fee llike an ass for always telling us "you are seeing things".

So, could it be CGI?
Yeah sure..

but going on my own experiences...
through my own eyes...
This type of thing can be seen quite often (though sporadically) if one watches enough.

Thanks for posting mate!
(and at 11:11, to!) lol

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Wow, allright so the camera isn't moving, the moon is.

This makes my theory of this being a camera side effect (dirt, light reflection) even better since the dot stays still at the same place for it's entire appearance.

Come on people use your brains! If the camera stands still, and that dot stands still aswell, while the only thing that moves is the moon - this is nothing but a reflection.

Yeah, a camera side effect that ive seen with my own eyes, on numerous occasions!

"nothing but a reflection"

Please.

Stop pretending like you know.
You don't.

Fooling only yourself..

You've probably never even looked through a telescope. lol
(and don't lie and say you have, just to "prove me wrong".. we have ways of knowing..)

Back to your cave.
edit on 23-1-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Hi.

This is my first post here but I have been reading the forum for a while now and I have to say, another great find by human alien! Please keep up the good work.

I've read a lot about ETs on the dark side of the moon and this video may have captured something.

Its difficult to say if the video is CGI, but if its not, I doubt the lights are man made.

Well done again to the OP.

edit on 23-1-2011 by planetzog because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join