It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caravan rally reaches Tunisia's capital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Caravan rally reaches Tunisia's capital

www.bbc.co.uk

A protest march against Tunisia's interim government has reached the capital, adding to pressure on Prime Minister Mohamed Ghannouchi.

Some 1,000 demonstrators from the rural area where protests against Tunisia's authoritarian rule began had joined the "Caravan of Liberation" to Tunis.

In Algeria, police broke up an anti-government demonstration on Saturday by about 300 protesters calling for greater freedoms. There were also protests in Yemen against the rule of President Ali Abdullah.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
LIBERTY FOR ALL! ATHENIAN DEMOCRACY FOR ALL!

The Tunisians aren't giving up. They are proving that the people can and will fight for their rights, and to remove the corrupting influences that invade the heart of their government systems.

What I find most interesting is that uprisings are starting all across the world (notably in this article Algeria and Yemen) in countries that have been American stoolies for some time.

Is this a by-product of the world finally waking up to the sickening practice of the US government acting to prop up dictatorships and other authoritarian regimes?

Or is this action being taken by Russian and Chinese intelligence agencies to remove the influence of US foreign policy from 'swing' states?

Either way - there are signs that the "New Model Armies" could be beginning to appear. Bring on Pantegral! Rebellais!

The Revenant.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-1-2011 by The Revenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Here's a video of the demonstration.

I will translate the man with the Tulband on his head(the demonstrator)

Tulbandman

We are here..to cast out the dictatorship. To chance the Tunisian political landscape.

Its uh.. Its uh..
(Tulbandman starts to cry)

For me this is heartbreaking. The way he looks in to the camera, so desperate.. He just wants to live, and to be free.
The crazy part is that we are also in a desperate position worldwide, how long before we are crying for just to live and be free?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

That's quite a moving picture right there. The Tunisians are fighting a battle that we will all have to fight very soon. The old system is collapsing, and these are but the first signs. The oppression of tyranny, religion, economic slavery and all of the other ubiquitous wrongs will be cast out.

I just wish we could get it all over and done with quickly, with no loss of life.

The Rev.

new topics

top topics

join