It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corruption but not in the West !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
This is only really a 'snippet' I saw which made me think a little.....

We all know that there are emerging economies which will rival the current status Quo, China, India, Brazil but after reading this little bit of information It re-assured me that money and power Corrupts everyone it touches in some way....

£40 Million - the sum of money that Indian Politician Mayawati is expecting to spend on her 55th Birthday party. The money will come out of the public purse of the state of Uttar Pradesh, where she is the chief minister !!!

(This was taken from Moneyweek, a weekly publication in the UK)

I was a little disappointed with this because we in the UK GIVE India lots of money in our foreign aid budget Still
which means that.

I AM PAYING FOR HER PARTY and I have NOT been invited !!

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
£40 Million on a birthday party is insane. That may top the Sultan of Brunei's notoriously lavish spending sprees.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Wow. I just googled her name, and got a ton of hits on her spending frenzies. She spent $500 million of the countries money last year on statues of herself and friends! wow How does a politician get away with that? I must go run for parliament in India!

This one article from last year caught my attention. Check out the picture from one of her lavish parties. It was a garland presented to her made out of a few million Indian currency notes.... Seems like such a waste...

Link to Article

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by poolboy

poolboy

I have just read that ' money garland' article and it makes me REALLY sad..... Like you say , how can they get away with this ???

Power and wealth just corrupt and those with it seem to lose ALL common sense and purpose.

It's disgusting.....

PDUK

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Actually corruption is a common fault in east, especially in India and China, maybe because of their undemocratic system in government.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Heh, the president[former???] of Tunisa, wife walkd into her nearest high street bank with some military flunkys and withdrew £37 million in gold. She of course then fled the country.

I tell you what, we wouldnt stand for that sort of corruption now would we???, record bonuses for bankers??, well deserved id say.

Actually corruption is a common fault in east, especially in India and China, maybe because of their undemocratic system in government.

We must be really screwed then, the West is about as un democratic as it gets.
edit on 24-1-2011 by Johnze because: (no reason given)

top topics

join