It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

''11 Days in Afghanistan'' - Up Close and Personal with Australian Army and (SAS)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Hi All,

I just thought i'd share a recent documentary i watched on the 10 Network Aus.

It covers an embbeded journalist crew in Afghanistan with our Aussie soldiers and the crap we have to put to put up with for a so called US allegience ( althoug it also covers US and british soldiers working together. I may not totally agree with the fact we are still there, it is an insight for any nation and has alot of ''behind the scenes footage'' i havent seen before.... also i want to add i am unhappy with the fact that Barrack has come up with more and more excuses not to visit our country...oh but yet has found the time to visit many others....

I seriously dont know why our soldiers are still in Afghanistan or Iraq for that matter after almost 10 years?? WTH???

Anyways i hope you all find the video as interesting and eye opening as i did.

Peace

ten.com.au...

I hope the link works correctly and works world-wide as it courtesy of Ch 10 Aus and i could not find it on youtube....

edit on 23-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I watched the same Doco its Bull**** how we seem to always in a political sense kiss the U.S. arse.

But on a positive at least the dollar has been strong lol (loven Ebay at the moment)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I didn't even know Australia was in Afghanistan... I am Canadian btw... You wold have thought I would have seen something in the national news on tv, or read about that in newspapers by now if you say you have been there for 10 years now. Wow just as long as us, and I had no idea...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Iv'e really gotta add, that at about 8:00 onwards the guy using the robot to disarm to the IED is using an Xbox contoller... i could not believe my eyes! Now faair enougn in theor downtime they may have access to Xbox and PS etc but this was a battlefield senario, in formation and on alert, this guy had an XBOX control in his hand....

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I'm an American and just so you all know, not all Americans support the wars and everything going on in our government. I do think we are good friends with Australia, though. Hope you all feel the same

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by loagun

Are you serious?? Please tell me you are joking??

When this stupid..pointless war began, our special forces ( SAS ) were taking out Northern Iraq communications whilst the bombing of Bagdhad began...

Our troops have been in Iraq and Afganistan since all this crap began.... We have lost lives and soldiers, just this weekend past one of our SAS soldiers was awarded the Victoria Cross - the highest British / Aus Miltary honour...... The story is crazy, like some kinda rambo sh....stuff...

look it up and perhaps read up about world news once in awhile....

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

I hope so too, althougn i will say i am not impressed with Obama's lack of will to visist our country and yet last month he went to India no probs, but he changed plans to vist Aus 3 times and then sent H.Clinton instead.....

I still dont know why our soldiers should be there, im all for allies but when the US miltary out-weighs ours by total comparison, why do they need us to sacrifice our lives and our honour...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by loagun

I dont think your MSM or ours for that matter intend you to know.

I see on the news tonight that they given an Australian bloke in Afghanistain a VC, (the highest military honor)the second in the last year or so. I go no doubt he earned it but I hope they are not getting political with the criteria for a VC because they want some aussie soldiers to get VCs just to add to "proud Aussie military history" or prop up the committment to war against Afgainstain back home by coming up the odd war hero or two or to bost recuritment for the military. Cant put it past them these days.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Dont be an arse.....There is little news of the war besides the death notices, and the propaganda that our gov boys shovel.
Spending the last ten yrs kissin the US butt while bleeding for the continued supply of natural resources, and heroin, to support the US corporate hedgemony, is nothing to brag about.
If i know the VC award the lad who got it must either be dead, or very lucky to have lived to get it pinned on....
truth is both Canada, and Australia, are little more than lickspittle lackeys for US imperial designs on asia.
Both govs suck up to the US on every major decision.
bout time we both grew a pair and charted our own courses in world politics.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by maybee

I hope so too, althougn i will say i am not impressed with Obama's lack of will to visist our country and yet last month he went to India no probs, but he changed plans to vist Aus 3 times and then sent H.Clinton instead.....

I still dont know why our soldiers should be there, im all for allies but when the US miltary out-weighs ours by total comparison, why do they need us to sacrifice our lives and our honour...

Well, the next time he cancels a trip to Australia, he can book me to come instead. I'll gladly go!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by loagun

Are you serious?? Please tell me you are joking??

When this stupid..pointless war began, our special forces ( SAS ) were taking out Northern Iraq communications whilst the bombing of Bagdhad began...

Our troops have been in Iraq and Afganistan since all this crap began.... We have lost lives and soldiers, just this weekend past one of our SAS soldiers was awarded the Victoria Cross - the highest British / Aus Miltary honour...... The story is crazy, like some kinda rambo sh....stuff...

look it up and perhaps read up about world news once in awhile....

Oh give me a break, and cut the attitude. I was actually being sincere in my post saying that I was unaware of Australia's military presence in the the Afgan war because I haven't ever seen or heard a peep about it in Canadian or US media this past decade. Not to say that I am sure somewhere there was an article or piece about it.

Reguardless of that I am quite aware of world news, and research most of it out online rather then relying on television. Besides that fact if I have never been informed of Australia being in the middle east, or even having a military for that fact to place in the middle east, so excuse for not researching subjects I knew nothing about. The only soldiers that North American reports on are from Canadian and US military, and each other is rarely reported outside their own country. Canada barely even mentions the US military now when regarding the middle east because Canada has made it their own mission and war of 'terrorism' without or without the US.

I have yet to even seen one thing even mentioned about the current flooding in Australia, or devastation to it's people. I have nothing against your country, but sorry if western media has no interest in acknowledging you. Why don't you go eat a dingo.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Oj, sorry guys, i am still watching all 6 parts of the clip i posted, although dont fret or feel ignored, i will respond given time...

I want to mention that i am now watching Part 4 of 6 and this is when things start to get intence, the whole clip is full on, but start watching from 5.20 onwards...the reporter is doing an interview with a soldier not long after to afghan civies were brought in to medics for IED injuries and then during the one on one interview the base is attacked by auto-gin fire and RPG's....it's intence....

The first link i posted i was only part 1 of 6, i urge you to watch all 6.

I have watched alot of recent war footage ( over past few years ) and this is intence and really personal in regard to the soldiers on the front line, the stuff the see day by day and the people they come across.

One village is helpfull, sharing fruit and friendly and the next village a couple of kms down the road is trying to blow them up and shoot at them.....

Part 4/6 ( base attack ) -

ten.com.au...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Just an FYI, Im in the U.S. and the link opens to the site but says, "Video Not Available-The Video You Are Trying To Watch Cannot Be Viewed Outside Of Australia"

But also, I have long been aware of Aussie soldiers being involved in that war(not saying I understand why), but I don't recall seeing anything about that on the news here. I know that because I know other Aussies who have told me.

edit on 1/23/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by loagun

Hey! dont take it to offence but you actually came across as quite ignorant in your first post in my thread. The fact that after watching all 6 parts i have shed some tears makes it worse... if you got nothing productive to say then dont bother adding to my thread.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

aww sh..htt . ... i will try to find another source that is world-wide...

Thanks for letting me know

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Please could you give us a rundown of whats in the vid, it says it is not available outside of australia. thanks Peace starchild.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
hi guys im from UK and imo our army should be used to defend our country OUR people NOT the interests of oil barons and arms merchants THIS WAR is unjust and innocent americans english canadians aussies . and many more iraquis are being massacred for what ?
This is 2012 and as a species we have digressed we are nothing but slaves and the soldiers and civilian s that die are collateral damage .

END THE WAR

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
the whole point of my post was to infact point out how ignorant I was on the subject which just goes to show that in this day and age one side of the world's nations doesn't know even know the current events of the other side of the world's nations even when there apparently working side by side in set foreign locations.

You however decided to become emotional, and defensive and insult my intelligence because my nation's media has overlooked your contribution to the middle east. So with that said go write CBC, Global, or CTV a letter while you still, eat that dingo.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

actually this is 2011

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by star child

It's kinda hard to give a rundown, it's over an hour in total spread over 6 clips. It's embedded media crew with Army infrantry and SAS. Soldiers being killed, IED's, Base attcks whilst the media is doing interviews. Out in Afghan Villages....

There's so much...

I have tried to find it but the only place it is available is Ch 10 Au....

Although i will keep trying to share it
and keep loking for an outlet..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join